A babymoon is a chance for you and your partner to relax and spend time together before the two of you become three (or more). It’s the perfect opportunity to share the love and make new memories together before the next step of your journey begins.
Your last adventure before baby can be as exotic or as familiar as you desire. Whether you hit the coast for a road trip, take an elegant vacation to somewhere luxurious, or relax at home, a babymoon is a wonderful way to invest in your relationship and remind each other how much you care before you have to focus full-time on the baby.
If you’re looking for the perfect couples’ get-away, below are some our favorite babymoon ideas. The memories you make together on your babymoon will be ones to cherish for the rest of your life!
Babymoon Vacation Ideas
Is your love of travel what brought you two together, or has the travel bug bitten you and your partner? A babymoon is a perfect excuse to take one last pre-family trip. A vacation to a larger city or destination location can be a fun way to enjoy some time together before everything changes. Here are just a few babymoon ideas for the travel lovers:
- Enjoy an international getaway. A beachside resort is the perfect place to enjoy sunshine, privacy and some picturesque sunsets. Book a deluxe suite and perhaps a couple’s massage so you can truly pamper yourselves before the little one becomes your focus.
- Go somewhere that you can’t bring kids. Enjoy dining out at an upscale restaurant in a new city, and simply revel in each other’s company.
- Hit the big city. Visit a larger city–whether someplace nearby or across the country–and enjoy the tourist attractions you’ve always wanted to see.
Babymoon Road Trip Ideas
Perhaps you and your future co-parent can use your babymoon as one last chance to travel without the added stops and planning needed for little ones. Choose a weekend when you don’t have to work and take a short trip with just the two of you. Try one of these babymoon ideas:
- Take a road trip. This is a fun way to get out and enjoy each other’s company without breaking the budget. Pack your favorite snacks and a camera to capture all the sights you’ve always wanted to see.
- Go camping together. Take your camera and appreciate nature and quiet. A romantic campfire is a fun and spontaneous way to reminisce about your life before kids and remember the special moments you’ve shared together.
Babymoon Staycation Ideas
A babymoon can be as simple as a stay-cation in the comfort of your own city. A stay-cation babymoon is the perfect, budget-friendly opportunity to visit all the memorable places you’ve enjoyed in your life and cherish this time as a couple. Here are some babymoon ideas for those who want to stay closer to home:
- “Unplug” for a long weekend. Turn off your laptops and cellphones so you can focus on each other. Sleep in and enjoy the quiet that may not last for long. Treat yourselves to breakfast in bed. In the evening, indulge in some of your favorite takeout and watch movies you both enjoy.
- Go for a long walk. If the weather’s nice, visit all your favorite places throughout the city and enjoy being yourselves.
- Recreate your first date. Take each other out for an elegant and romantic dinner, then catch a new movie at the theater. Remember what brought you together in the first place to create a strong foundation for your growing family.
Babymoon Photo Ideas
No matter what type of babymoon adventure you plan, don’t forget the camera! Book a session with a photographer or ask a friendly stranger to snap some photos of the two of you. Don’t be shy – show off your adorable baby bump!
Photographs from your babymoon with your pre-baby glow will work beautifully on your birth announcements, so you can share your joyous news with all of your loved ones.