What customers have to say about our Fleece Photo Blankets
October 18, 2013Another Satisfied Fleece Blanket Customer
"I ordered two (2) Fleece Photo Blankets recently as Christmas presents for my nieces.
They came out BEAUTIFULLY.
I had my doubts, especially since the photos I used were not (initially) of the highest resolution, but they came out looking great. Here are a few more observations and tips:
What I ordered:
- Two (2) 60x80 Fleece Photo Blankets with 8 images on each.
- I chose the color black, with a white monogram initial in the center of each.
- Excellent photo fidelity.
- Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Extremely fast turnaround (it took less than a week from the time I placed my order to when they arrived via FedEx!)
- The blankets themselves are fine... but not anything you would buy without the photos on them. The fleece is not the type you normally wear as outerwear, i.e., it has no "tufts", but this is of course so the photos themselves will print better, i.e., they obviously need a flat surface.
- The color you choose is only on the photo side of the blanket. The other side is white.
- If you're worried about photo resolution, here are a few things to know. I literally used a few wallet-sized printed photos, and they came out fine. The trick is to "up" the resolution, either via the scanning process (to make them digital) or via a photo manipulation program like Photoshop Elements (which is what I used). You would think that turning a 300K photo into a 10M photo wouldn't work... but it did. The photos of my nieces turned out very nice indeed when "blanket-sized".
- Of course, photos taken with a digital camera with a decent number of megapixels will already be of high enough resolution, so you'll be good to go.
- When you upload the photos and insert them into the blanket template of your choosing, Shutterfly will let you know if the resolution is big enough. If it's not, there will be a red "X" on the photo.
- BTW, when I came online to write this review, I found out that the same blankets I bought last week were now on sale "
March 8, 2014Fleece Photo Blankets
"My wife and I just received 2 different Fleece Photo Blankets on March 7, 2014 and we are VERY pleased with the HIGH quality of both blankets. The picture images are very clear, and carefully centered on the blankets. Our first order with Shutterfly (also a Fleece Photo Blanket) was approx. 1 year ago and it was also EXCELLENT quality. Thank you Shutterfly."
December 23, 2013So Impressed!
"This was my first project/purchase of its kind. The process was simple and the result is very impressive. The quality of the blanket and the quality of the photos are as good as I could have hoped for! Can't wait for my dad to unwrap it. Can't wait to do another one."
December 22, 2013Better than I expected
"I made a photo blanket for my son for Christmas, including a bunch of pictures of him skydiving. In a couple of cases, the photos that I supplied were just good--not great--but the reproduction on the photo blanket was really surprisingly good.
Don't be put off by warnings that pictures need to be 2 MBs or larger, which I ran into. Some of my pictures were just 200-300 MBs.
It's quite thin, so it's more something to place on top of a bed or whatever rather than something to keep you warm."
November 27, 2013was a bit worried...
"I ordered this for a Christmas gift this year. I was a little worried about the material of the blanket. But it came yesterday and I love it!! The fleece is a flat fleece, but it is still a thicker fleece. I was worried it would be a cheaper fleece (you know the cheap ones from the store that are $5.00). I put pics on of my daughter and her horse of her barrel racing. Turned out great! If they go on sale again, I will order another one! But Shutterfly should describe the blanket a little better. If I didn't read the reviews, I probably wouldn't have ordered one, but the other customers eased my mind from their reviews."
About: Fleece Photo Blankets
Cozy up to your favorite memories with a Fleece Photo Blanket featuring from one to eight photos. Photos appear clear and bright, and you can choose a fun background color to make them pop. Fleece Photo Blankets are the perfect accompaniment for the bed or sofa, or as a picnic blanket. Plus, they make great gifts. You might also like our Photo Quilts.