What customers have to say about our Fleece Photo Blankets
October 18, 2013Another Satisfied Fleece Blanket Customer
"I ordered two (2) Fleece Photo Blankets recently as Christmas presents for my nieces.
They came out BEAUTIFULLY.
I had my doubts, especially since the photos I used were not (initially) of the highest resolution, but they came out looking great. Here are a few more observations and tips:
What I ordered:
- Two (2) 60x80 Fleece Photo Blankets with 8 images on each.
- I chose the color black, with a white monogram initial in the center of each.
- Excellent photo fidelity.
- Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Extremely fast turnaround (it took less than a week from the time I placed my order to when they arrived via FedEx!)
- The blankets themselves are fine... but not anything you would buy without the photos on them. The fleece is not the type you normally wear as outerwear, i.e., it has no "tufts", but this is of course so the photos themselves will print better, i.e., they obviously need a flat surface.
- The color you choose is only on the photo side of the blanket. The other side is white.
- If you're worried about photo resolution, here are a few things to know. I literally used a few wallet-sized printed photos, and they came out fine. The trick is to "up" the resolution, either via the scanning process (to make them digital) or via a photo manipulation program like Photoshop Elements (which is what I used). You would think that turning a 300K photo into a 10M photo wouldn't work... but it did. The photos of my nieces turned out very nice indeed when "blanket-sized".
- Of course, photos taken with a digital camera with a decent number of megapixels will already be of high enough resolution, so you'll be good to go.
- When you upload the photos and insert them into the blanket template of your choosing, Shutterfly will let you know if the resolution is big enough. If it's not, there will be a red "X" on the photo.
- BTW, when I came online to write this review, I found out that the same blankets I bought last week were now on sale "
March 3, 2014Wonderful gift item
"Based on reviews I ordered two fleece blankets and hoped for the best. I was delighted to find that the actual product not only met expectations, but met the descriptions of other reviewers. Excellent! Also, they came in about a week! (I did order AFTER a holiday, not before)
The quality of the photos is really wonderful, and some of mine were old prints that I had scanned into my computer, not current digital photos. The color is true, the edges crisp, the placement even. I am really very happy with the results.
The only comment I will echo from other reviewers is that the fleece is not what you think of with regards to a "fleece blanket". It is a very flat surface, not as pliable as a regular fleece blanket. I don't know if it will provide much warmth, but that said...in order to print a clear photo you would have to have a flat surface.
My comment to Shutterfly would be to make the back side of these blankets the same color as the background color selected. Why it must remain white is unclear, but it is not as attractive as it could be.
However, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone to order this product. It makes a very clever/fun gift when you personalize it with your own photos. I made two with pet pictures for my kids. They are really fun!"
March 2, 2014wonderful family gift
"I made this throw for my husband from our 2 boys for Valentine's day. He said it was the best Valentine's gift we had given him. It captured 3 of the most important times in our family history. The throw is huge it covers our entire couch and it is nice and heavy. A wonderful gift for anyone!"
December 30, 2013Beautiful fleece blanket
"Highly recommend! Photo looks great! Fleece is good quality."
December 30, 2013Gallery of Three Fleece Photo Blanket
"It was for Christmas. The mother of the brides just loved it. Nice quality fabric. Pictures were very clear. It helped that my choice of pictures was excellent. It will be a real treasure for years to come."