What customers have to say about our Wedding Invitations
I love my invitations ❤️
"Exactly what I wanted and in the time promise"
Highly recommend for invitations
"Great quality well put together quick service"
"It came put exactly how I wanted it! Wonderful!"
"The pattern turned out exactly as show and the foil was a nice touch that made our invitations look fancier."
Unique and wonderful
"We're getting married at a train station and these are perfect! They're not your typical wedding invitation and they definitely make an impression."
Ideas for Modern Wedding Invitations
For a modern wedding, a stylish and contemporary stationery suite is essential. Today’s wedding trends allow for complete personalization and creativity that goes beyond the confines of traditional invitations. Whether you want your modern invites to have a sophisticated feel, a minimalist design or whimsical flair, Shutterfly makes the decision process a fun and inspiring one.
With our collection of modern wedding invitations, you can discover invitation designs that perfectly balance modern trends with your unique style.
Tips for Choosing Your Modern Wedding Invitation
Before you begin browsing our collection of chic wedding invitations, keep these tips in mind to help you find the perfect Shutterfly design for your modern bridal style:
- Use our “Show with my photos” feature to make it easier to visualize each invitation as your own. In just a few clicks, each photo invitation you’re browsing will automatically display with your uploaded photos.
- Filter by theme, design color and more to show more specific results. Available themes include floral, simple, lace & patterns and outdoor designs. Each category offers plenty of modern invitation options to help you find your favorite.
- Mark your favorites by clicking the heart icon beneath the invitation designs that catch your eye. When you’re done browsing the overall options, go to the “My Favorites” heart in the upper right to compare your selections side-by-side.
Modern Wedding Invitation Wording
Creating modern wedding invitations is all about feeling free to express yourselves and break tradition when you’d like to do so. When deciding what to include in your wedding invitation wording, it can be helpful to break it down line by line. Wedding invitations include the following lines:
- Host line: The first line of your invite lists the hosts (historically, this would be the bride’s parents). In a modern invitation, the host line is very flexible. You can stick with tradition and list the names of the bride’s and/or groom’s parents as hosts, or you can use more general wording such as “Together with their families.” The other option is to omit the host line entirely and begin the invitation with the next line…
- Names: This line is quite straightforward: list the names of the people getting married. It’s up to you whether you’d like to include titles (Mr./Ms.) or full names—generally, the more information you include here, the more formal it sounds. Many modern invitations just include first names. You can also decide the name order, though traditionally the bride’s comes first.
- Invitation line: This line is the “call to action” of your invitation. You might say “request the honor of your presence at their wedding” or “invite you to join in celebrating their marriage.”
- Information: These lines include the time, date and location information for the wedding. Formal wording might be something like, “Saturday, October 5th, 2019 at three o’clock in the afternoon” while a more informal tone might be, “October 5, 2019 at 3pm.” Don’t forget to include detailed address information for the venue.
- Reception line: Finally, finish your wedding invitation wording with a note about the reception, to let guests know what to expect after the ceremony. Popular phrasing includes “reception to follow” or “dinner & dancing to follow.” If there will be a gap in time before the reception or if it’s at a different location, make sure to mention that, e.g. “Dinner & dancing at 7pm at The Canal.”