Export Assistant for iPhoto Installation
You are downloading the Shutterfly Export Assistant for iPhoto, a tool that makes it faster and easier to transfer pictures to Shutterfly directly from iPhoto. This one-time installation takes just a minute or two.
- If you are running iPhoto, please exit the application prior to installing the Shutterfly iPhoto Export Assistant.
- Download the Shutterfly Export Assistant for iPhoto. The plugin will work with Mac OS 10.6 and iPhoto 8 onwards. To check your Mac OS version, click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen, and select "About this Mac." To check your iPhoto version, select iPhoto > About iPhoto from the program's menu.
- The installer window will launch automatically. If you get an error message, you may need to adjust your security settings. In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, choose "Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Launch iPhoto again to begin transferring your pictures to Shutterfly.
To Use Shutterfly Export Assistant for iPhoto:
- From within iPhoto, select individual pictures or an entire iPhoto Event to upload to your Shutterfly account.
- Select the "Export" function under the iPhoto "File" menu.
- Click on the "Shutterfly" tab in the iPhoto Export window.
- If you are not signed in, click on the "Preferences" button and click "Sign In..." to enter your Shutterfly user name (e-mail address) and password.
- Select a name for your Shutterfly album and type it into the "Add to new album" field. Or select an existing album in your account.
- Choose your desired upload speed:
- Actual Size - Uploads full-size pictures. Recommended for poster-sized prints and cropping.
- Faster - Resizes pictures to 2000 pixels. Recommended for 8x10 prints and all photo books, cards and calendars.
- Fastest - Resizes pictures to 1600 pixels. Recommended for 4x6 prints and online sharing.
- Click the "Export" button to start uploading.