Are you a passionate writer who wants to share your story? Become a member of the Shutterfly contributor team to inspire people to infuse creativity in every part of their lives. Come write for us!
Our purpose is to share in life’s joy. We love finding small and large ways to make new memories and cherish old traditions with friends and family.
Shutterfly reflects the everyday. From being thankful for the little things to celebrating life’s big achievements, we love sharing with our readers ways to make every moment special.
We are friendly, upbeat, encouraging and optimistic. We are friends giving advice, but we’re not know-it-alls.
TOPICS WE LOVE
- Actionable life tips
- DIY ideas for the everyday crafter
- Relationship, wedding or birth stories
- Parenting essays and hacks
- Engaging personal essays
- Creative, relatable listicles on any topic
- Fun ways you’ve incorporated Shutterfly in your everyday
VOICE + TONE GUIDELINES
- Be honest and authentic.
- Topics are attainable and relatable.
- Your story should always show, not tell.
- Keep headlines and main images clean and safe for work.
- All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to and that hasn’t been previously published.
- Please fact check your story and provide sources for all your info.
- Submission of a post does not guarantee it will be published on Shutterfly. Our team will reach out if we’d like to run your story!
SHARE YOUR STORY
To submit a story idea to our team, complete the form below! Please submit your post only once. We will reach out if we believe it’s a good fit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the word count per post?
We’re flexible on word count, but between 800-1200 words is a good place to start.
Is this paid?
Currently, there is no compensation for guest posts, but we do offer Shutterfly credit you can redeem from our website.
Do I send in a story idea or a full draft?
We ask that members submit a story idea first, maximum 200 words.
Will I hear back if my submission isn’t accepted?
Our editors are constantly reviewing submissions, so if you do not hear back from us in a reasonable time frame we thank you for your submission.
Do I have to include photos?
We encourage our contributors to include photos in their story. You must own the rights to any images used.
Can I publish my content somewhere else after it has gone up on Shutterfly?
You are welcome to post a snippet of the article on a personal blog 24 hours after publish, but we ask not to post the article in full. You are also welcome to promote links to your content on Shutterfly on your social accounts.