Cyber Monday is widely known as the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. In a push to encourage people to shop online, retailers offer Cyber Monday sales and deals following Thanksgiving weekend and Black Friday. Cyber Monday usually takes place between November 26 and December 2, though the exact Cyber Monday date varies by year.
Black Friday tends to offer steep price cuts on big-ticket items like TVs, smartphones, and more. Deals on Cyber Monday can add up to 50-75% in savings for more holiday gifts. On Cyber Monday, you can also count on better deals from eCommerce stores, including free shipping and BOGO offers.
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday 2020 is Monday, November 30. Cyber Monday 2021 is Monday, November 29.
Cyber Monday was created in response to the widely successful Black Friday, which related more to the brick-and-mortar shopping experience. With consumers already taking part in shopping for Black Friday deals, retailers have since coined “Cyber Monday” as the catchy term to encourage more online shopping carrying into the holiday shopping season.
Since its origin in the early 2000s, Cyber Monday has seen wide success not only in the United States but the United Kingdom as well.
How to Find the Best Cyber Monday Deals
Companies usually start to promote their Cyber Monday sales a few weeks in advance so you can start to plan accordingly. The week leading up to Thanksgiving, start paying attention to Cyber Monday ads to see what offers you can take advantage of. Try to prioritize your shopping based on when each promotion will be available. Some companies only offer deals for 24 hours on Cyber Monday, while others extend their deals for a week or two leading up to the holidays.
Shutterfly Cyber Monday Gifts
After Thanksgiving, the countdown to the holidays has started, so it’s important to get a head start on your gift ideas. If you’re looking for custom gifts to send to your loved ones, look no further than a personalized gift from Shutterfly. These gifts will be a surprise to friends and family and will make their holiday present truly unforgettable. Take time to charm your recipients with a unique gift from Shutterfly this holiday season. Consider the following present ideas that you can use to knock out your Christmas shopping on Cyber Monday:
- Custom canvas prints – Display your favorite memories from the year on a high-quality canvas print that you can frame or leave unframed for a more homey look.
- Personalized mugs – Mugs are the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life. Customize mugs with personal photos or specific pictures based on their favorite TV shows, books, activities, and more.
- Unique Christmas cards – Even for acquaintances and friends that you don’t have gifts for, you can still send a unique Christmas card with a personal touch.
- Family photo books – Gift grandma or grandpa a touching family photo book to show them all the memories you’ve created throughout the years.
- New Year’s calendars – With the holidays comes a new year right around the corner and the perfect time to create a personalized wall calendar or desk calendar.