After your graduation ceremony, one thing that’s for sure is that your family and friends will be showering you with gifts and love. Now that you’ve got a nice pile of graduation messages, congratulations and goodies, it’s important to show your appreciation for all of their kindness. What better way is there to do so then with a personalized graduation thank you card message? Today is all about helping and inspiring grads to write their thank yous with these simple to follow examples.
Grad Thank You Note Wording
Like we said, the best way for grads to show their gratitude towards loved ones is with a thank you note, of course. These days a thank you can go a long way and after you have hand-picked a graduation thank you card set with bold designs that suits your style, it’s time to put the pen to paper. It can be hard to know exactly what to say to each and everyone who made your graduation day special, but here is some guidance for what should be mentioned in each grad thank you note.
It’s normal to be at a loss for words when the time comes around to sitting down and writing out all of these personalized thank you notes. There are surely a handful of special people that made your graduation celebrations one-of-a-kind. The only thing you have your mind set to is that you want to make sure to remind Grandma how much you love her and you’re searching for a sincere way to thank your Great Aunt and Uncle for the thoughtful grad gifts, but what about everyone else?
Before you have time to fret about the personalized thank you card wording you’ll be using, you may be asking yourself, “Who got me what?” Here’s a tip we think you’ll find useful.
Keep track of the gifts: There is nothing quite like a heartfelt thank you message that shows your appreciation and you want to make sure you don’t forget anyone. One thing that’s for sure is that we all love to feel appreciated and having a list to refer to, in terms of who got you what, will make your graduation thank you card writing just that much smoother.
If you are looking for wording suggestions and verses for thank you cards, let us help. Whether you want your card to have a funny flare, a genuine tone or a serious feel, we have got you covered. Not to mention, we have you covered for just about every graduation occasion too including; high school, college, nursing and more. Craft your very own personal and appreciative graduation thank yous for everyone on your list with some of our favorite thank you sayings. Follow these five steps and the below guidance for the perfect thank you note.
1. First Sentence: Say thanks right from the get go. Some examples include:
- “Thank you for the generous gift”
- “Thank you for joining me in celebrating my graduation.”
2. Second Sentence Mention the Gift: If you did receive a gift, mention it and tell them what you are going to be using it for.
3. Express Emotion: Tell them just how happy it made you to see them at your graduation ceremony or how much you missed them at your ceremony but appreciate the generous card they sent.
4. Personalization is key: You don’t want every thanks to seem generic and as if you didn’t put any special thought into the sentiment. Add special details and appreciation to each card by mentioning specifics and always hand write the notes. You can add specific graduation quotes or sayings within your card as well to give it a personal or unique touch.
5. Address Thank You With Care: If it’s an old friend go ahead and use their first name, but if it’s someone like your parents’ friends that you don’t know particularly well use Mr. and Mrs. Last Name.
How Long Should Your Message Be?
There is no real rhyme or reason for how long your thank you notes should be. We say that a couple sentences should do the trick and just remember to speak from the heart.
When Should You Send Thank You Notes?
Just do it and do it quickly. The key thing to remember when thinking about the timing of sending your grad thank yous is to not wait too long. You should shoot for sending out your thank you messages three to four days after your celebrations end.
College Grad Thank You Messages
1. Graduation reminds me of everyone who has touched my life. The gift of your presence and acknowledgement is truly appreciated.
2. Thank you. Words can never tell you what your congratulations and generous heart has meant to me. With all my love
3. Thank you for coming to my graduation ceremony at the college. It was such a lovely day to have all my friends and family there.
4. Thank you for celebrating this momentous day with me.
5. It’s been a long road of late nights and long mornings, but I made it! Thank you for joining me in celebration of my graduation.
6. Thank you! I sincerely appreciated your sharing in my special graduation day.
7. Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my graduation ceremony. Words can’t express how happy I was to see you sitting there when I walked onto the stage.
8. You brought joy to my special graduating day. Words can never tell you what your congratulations has meant to me.
9. As I graduate, a new journey begins. I thank you for your kindness, thoughtfulness and prayers.
10. These past four years have flown by so fast. Thank you for celebrating my college graduation with me, I couldn’t have done it without you.
High School Grad Thank You Messages
1. Thank you for celebrating my high school graduation with me. I am so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends like you.
2. Celebrating my high school graduation with you was a blast. Thank you for everything.
3. Thank you for joining me on my special day. Your kindness and thoughtfulness are very much appreciated.
4. I am so glad that you were able to share in my graduation celebrations. Thank you for helping make this occasion so special!
5. Dear, (insert name) I just wanted to thank you both again for coming to my graduation ceremony. It was great to have such a loud cheering section. Thanks again.
6. I am so happy that you were able to share my day with me either by being there or remembering with your generosity. Thank you so much for being a part of my high school grad celebration.
7. I was so happy that you could attend my graduation party. And thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I will use the corkboard to create a fun photo collage of my family and high school friends. When I hang it on the wall of my college dorm it will remind me of you and all of those special people back home who love and support me.
8. During my graduation ceremony, it was so wonderful to look up into the crowd and see you sitting there smiling and supporting me. That was such an important day for me and I am so glad you were there to share it. Thanks again.
9. Thank you so much for the wonderful card and congratulations on my high school graduation.
10. Thank you so much for my graduation gift, but the real gift was seeing you. I can’t wait to see you guys again soon. Thanks again.
MBA Grad Thank You Messages
1. I am happy that you were able to share such a milestone with me, either by being there or remembering with your generosity. Thank you so much for being part of my MBA grad celebration
2. I am so glad that you were able to join in the celebration of my graduation.
3. Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift and attending my graduation party. It really meant a lot to me to have you there for the celebrations.
4. It was a real treat having you at my graduation ceremony. Thank you so much for being there for me throughout the years and on this momentous day.
5. Thank you so much for attending my graduation ceremony. I know it was a long trip down for you and I appreciate your driving to be there on my special day. Thank you also for your thoughtful gift. I know I will be putting it to use very soon.
6. Thank you for your support and love. I couldn’t have accomplished this without your support.
7. Support and generosity of family and friends will always be remembered as I explore new goals and work toward new achievements.
8. Thank you for remembering my graduation. Your card was so sweet and I’m glad I could celebrate this with you. I’m looking forward to celebrating future accomplishments with you soon.
9. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Thank you so much for being a part of my graduation celebrations. I cannot express to you how much it meant to me to have you there
10. “How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it.” Thank you for being that kind touch on my graduation day.
Nursing Grad Thank You Messages
1. Thank you so very much for being a part of my nursing grad ceremony. I couldn’t have made it through school without all of your kind love and support.
2. Thank you so much for thinking of me during my graduation. I really appreciate the thought and your gift. Also, thank you for your good wishes as I start a new chapter in my life. I look forward to keeping in touch.
3. Of all the skills I will ever learn, the greatest one I will ever hold, is the healing touch of a caring heart. I am so excited to be calling the shots soon. Thank you so much for celebrating my graduation from nursing school with me. Your kindness is much appreciated.
4. Nursing is a lot of heart work and I couldn’t have made it to graduation without the love and support of you. Thank you for being a part of this momentous occasion.
5. Thank you for helping me survive nursing school and for your generous graduation gift.
6. Thank you for attending my graduation party, I enjoyed catching up with you over dessert. I really appreciate the money and plan to put it towards renting my first apartment. Your generosity is truly appreciated.
7. Thank you for attending my graduation ceremony. I really enjoyed having you there on my special day.
8. Thank you so much for thinking of me on my graduation day. I appreciate your thoughtful card and generous gift. You can’t see me right now, but I’m totally doing a happy dance. Hope all is well.
9. This isn’t a thank you note; it’s a hug with a fold in it. Thanks so much for my nursing grad congratulations and card.
10. Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I will be using it a lot as I embark on my nursing career this fall. Hope all is well and thanks again.
Grad Gift Thank You Messages
1. This brings sincere thanks for the lovely graduation gift you sent, I wish to tell you just how much it meant to me.
2. Thank you so much for your very generous gift and thinking of me on my graduation day. I am so grateful.
3. Accept my warmest thankful wishes for attending and making my graduation day special and a memorable one. Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will forever treasure.
4. A simple thanks may not be enough, but I’m still sending this note to express my heartfelt gratitude. Thank you so much for being a part of my graduation day. I couldn’t have made it without you.
5. Thank you for your gift of love and for sharing in my graduation day.
6. I enjoyed the cake and the gifts too, but my favorite part of graduation day was seeing you. Thank you for helping me celebrate such a momentous day.
7. Thank you for coming to my graduation party! I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you also for my wonderful gift, a laptop is just what I need for college. Thanks again.
8. Thank you very much for your generous gift. It was greatly appreciated and will assist me in being one of the most comfortable students on campus. As I transition into this new phase of my life, I am excited about attending (college you plan to attend,) and look forward to making everyone proud of me. Please keep me in your prayers throughout my journey, as support is instrumental to my success. Thanks again for your thoughtful gift.
9. Just a short note to thank you for everything you did for me at my graduation. I cannot wait to use (the gift you gave me) for (whatever the gift can be used for.) Thanks again.
10. Thank you for your support, love, and encouragement. I couldn’t have done it without you! Oh, and thank you for your generous gift too.
Once the confetti has been popped, the cake is eaten and the graduation party dies down, don’t forget about sending out your thank you notes. Hopefully you are inspired after reading these thank you card sayings and you can always edit them to your liking. Keep in mind that the best thanks are the ones that come straight from the heart and writing what you feel is exactly what you should do; your friends and family are sure to appreciate the time and effort you put into your thank you notes.