Design Ideas from Mandy Moore
Spotlight on Mandy Moore
Shop the Mandy Moore Collection >
1. Create a signature look – Make your house your own with signature touches. I’m a huge fan of stripes, so I try to incorporate them or another bold pattern here and there without overdoing it. I love the idea of spicing up a solid couch with striped pillows to break it up and add my own personal style to rooms throughout the house.
2. Incorporate patterns and texture – Give your space added depth and interest by playing with patterns and textures. If you’re not comfortable incorporating loud colors, try adding a muted patterned rug or a textured throw to your favorite room.
3. Remember the small spaces – Add personal touches to your shelves, side tables and book cases by displaying books, knickknacks, artwork, sculptures and other unique finds from your travels. These decorative elements not only add color to your home, but also remind you of fun adventures.
4. Add a pop of something – Give your rooms an added point of interest by including a pop of color or metallic. I love to keep furniture simple – with neutrals and dark hues – and then add a pop of color with accent items.
5. Personalize your accent items – Instead of decorating with traditional accent items, I also love the idea of personalizing blankets, throw pillows, serving trays, prints and more with Shutterfly. They make it easy to create really special home décor items that feature your personal photos, favorite patterns, quotes and more.