It's all in the details! If you're hosting a holiday party that will include children this season, create an interactive area that will keep them occupied! Here's a few tips for putting together the perfect table that will also inspire wonderful photo-taking opportunities!
- Cover the table with butcher paper to provide kids with a blank canvas for their art.
- Skip traditional place cards and doodle each child's name (and a fun drawing) at the top of their place setting.
- A mason jar of colored twig pencils, crayons or markers that each little hand can reach doubles as a fun centerpiece.
- Baskets of construction paper and cardboard cutouts allow children to get crafty between courses. We made a few simple acorn (non-lit) candles, hand-turkey bread and butter "plates" and fallen leaves as examples for our guests. By the end of the meal, there were ample new creations!
- Don't forget to photograph the candid moments (and scribble down the priceless anecdotes) that occur when a group of kids come together to chat, laugh and create.