Deck your hall, mantle or dining table with a holiday card tree that celebrates your loved ones this season! Create a conversation piece with a few organic elements. Here's how:
- Grab your favorite vase (we used a sturdy, bulbous gold one with a sheer bow to add some sparkle!) and fill it with thin tree branches from your yard or the park. A holly branch will also work as the berries provide beautiful pops of color. (Note: If you use a lighter weight vase, fill it with sand to ground it.)
- Use twine, ribbon or clothes pins to attach the holiday cards to the branches. Alternate sizes and shapes to add visual interest. As more cards arrive, your tree blossoms!
- String yarn, ribbon or a popcorn garland around the tree to marry the branches and unify the overall look.
- Wrap a few boxes with butcher paper, twine or seasonal adornments (small glittered pinecones, paper stars, or wooden ornaments) and set the packages around the base of the vase.
- Once the tree is at capacity, display extra cards around it.