"I like to make these cards for the kids in our family. They always appreciate a card that is just for them. Love the cards and designs to choose from."
"enjoy the website"
"Nice card stock, nice colors, easy to add my own pictures and text."
"Shutterfly has the perfect format for any design and we love the efficient, professional and prompt service!"
"Christmas card is good quality. Came with envelopes. Will be pleased to send our photo card to family and friends. This is the first year we've done this and will do similar again."
Sending out holiday cards to everyone on your list can be one of the most exciting parts of getting ready for Christmas. This is an opportunity to let your creativity express the season’s warmest greetings – and with a little help from Shutterfly, making diy Christmas cards is easier than ever! We let artists and designers upload their very own card designs. Once the card looks just the way you want it to, place your order. In just a few days a box of professionally printed cards featuring your own design will arrive. Creative minds love being able to share their creations with the world. Let your holiday greetings feature your latest masterpiece!
There are many different sources from which artists and designers of all skill levels can draw inspiration. Consider some of these novel ideas when planning your Christmas and holiday cards this year:
• Drawing from historic sources, such as Victorian Christmas images or rustic pioneer celebrations
• An expressive color palette that goes beyond the standard red, green, and white often associated with Christmas
• Incorporating imagery from your regional landscape – coastlines, desert canyons, and cities all experience Christmas in their own beautiful ways
• Make animals or nature the centerpiece of your holiday art
• Make art together with siblings, children, and other family members to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece
• Christmas photo idea inspirations
Once your art has been completed, it will need to be digitized. If you created your image using computer software then simply save the file before uploading it into our card design template. If you made a physical work of art, it will need to be scanned or carefully photographed. For optimal printed results, a resolution of 300 dpi is recommended. After your art has been digitized, follow the on-screen prompts to add the image to the card template you have selected.
Custom holiday cards are a thoughtful gift that expresses just how you feel. Let everyone on your mailing list enjoy your very own season’s greetings this year.