Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018
Wishing your parents a happy anniversary is more than crafting a message that captures their love. It’s crafting a heartfelt testament to everything their love has built, inspired and nurtured along the way. Taking them back to the day their love began and how it has grown throughout the years can be a special way to wish them a happy anniversary. Between planning an anniversary party and picking out the perfect card, now is the time to celebrate your parents’ extraordinary love that has inspired you for so many years.
We’ve compiled a list of 40 anniversary quotes for parents that are worthy of representing their life-long love. This year, give your parents a gift that will touch their hearts and remind them what their love is capable of.
Whether you’re searching for sincere words to express your gratitude and appreciation or something more lighthearted, the following anniversary quotes will help you put your thoughts on paper.
Scroll through our collection of quotes or jump to a specific section that will best complete your message:
- Happy Anniversary Quotes for Parents
- Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Parents
- Funny Anniversary Quotes for Parents
- 50th Anniversary Quotes for Parents
Happy Anniversary Quotes for Parents
As the years go by, your parents may not celebrate their anniversary like they used to. Using a happy anniversary quote in your card or scripted across a custom canvas print may help inspire them to commemorate the occasion with the proper excitement the day deserves.
- “Mom and Dad, I cannot begin to describe how blessed I am to have amazing parents in my life. Seeing true love through you both makes my heart happy. As your daughter/son I see perfection in both of you. I love you.” -Anonymous
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with. You marry the person who you cannot live without.” -Anonymous
- “The only thing better than having you for parents is my children having you for grandparents. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.” -Anonymous
- “You two are a living example of how a couple can be committed to their love and nurture a family‘s growth year after year. Happy wedding anniversary to you!” -Anonymous
- “Because of you both, the world knows that truth and love exist. Keep these beliefs alive and cherish one another. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!” -Anonymous
- “You are the parents that all kids hope to have, you are the couple that all lovers hope to be and you both are the pillars of support that every family wishes it had. Happy anniversary to the best parents ever.” -Anonymous
- “Another year to create precious memories together. Another year to discover new things to enjoy about each other. Another year to strengthen a marriage that defines forever. Happy anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” -Nicholas Sparks
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
- “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” -Leo Tolstoy
Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Parents
Remind your parents of the day they said, “I, do” by borrowing a few wedding anniversary quotes from famous writers and poets. The professionals have put love into words and will help you share your emotions with Mom and Dad who will be tempted to dig out their wedding photo album after reading your message.
- “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Ghandi
- “Most people find it hard to believe in “forever”, but seeing the never ending love between both of you makes me believe in “forever”. Happy anniversary mom and dad!” -Anonymous
- “Despite all the years, the trying times that you have both been through, yet your marriage remained strong and steadfast. When I get married someday, I hope I would have a bond stronger and steady with my partner as both of you did. I love you mom and dad. Happy anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “I remember how young, beautiful and happy you were when I was a little kid. And you know, dear parents, nothing has changed since then. You’re just the same: loving and being loved – that’s what important. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “It seems like I was born under a lucky star, because I have such great parents. You’ve overcome many life difficulties together and despite it your love and respect for each became only stronger. It’s a real wonder and I’m happy to witness it. Congratulations on the anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “Today is a very special day for people I love more than life – it’s your wedding anniversary, my beloved parents! You’ve already spent a lot of wonderful years together and now I want to wish you to spend even more years enjoying each other and bringing joy to everyone around! Congratulations!” -Anonymous
- “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where she ended and he began.” -Leo Tolstoy
- “You be my glass of wine and I’ll be your shot of whiskey.” -Blake Shelton
- “Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity.” -Kahlil Gibran
- “My love for you is a journey, starting at forever and ending at never.” -Anonymous
Funny Anniversary Quotes for Parents
If your parents are more the jokester types and would appreciate getting a few laughs out of your message then, you should celebrate their love with an anniversary message to make them smile. The following list of funny anniversary quotes will help you add a little humor to your celebration.
- “Being married is like having a bestfriend who doesn’t remember anything you say.” -Anonymous
- “Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” -Anonymous
- “Never laugh at your wife’s choices, you are one of them.” -Anonymous
- “Love is being stupid together.” -Anonymous
- “You still behave like newlyweds, happy anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “Dad, winning Mom’s heart was actually my lucky victory. Happy anniversary!” -Anonymous
- “You’ve been together so long you be granted an honorary P.H.D in EACH OTHER. Happy anniversary.” -Anonymous
- “I couldn’t imagine where I’d be without you two, literally! Happy anniversary.” -Anonymous
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. But, whatever you two are doing is working. Stay happy and happy anniversary.” -Anonymous
- “If the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, I’m expecting to marry the girl of my dreams and being married X number of years. Thanks Mom and Pops.” -Anonymous
50th Anniversary Quotes for Parents
There are certain milestone anniversaries that deserve some extra special attention and a 50th wedding anniversary is one of them. Assure your message is as golden as the traditional gifts received by using one of the following 50th wedding anniversary quotes for parents.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” -Helen Keller
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” -T. Tolis
- “I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” -Angelita Lim
- “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” -Woody Allen
- “ There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.” -Tom Hanks
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” -Plato
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you stregth, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” -Lao-Tzu
- “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” -Ricardo Montalban
- “True love doesn’t come to you, it has to be inside you.” -Julia Roberts
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” -Oscar Wilde
There’s no need to feel overwhelmed when it comes to what to write in an anniversary card for your parents. Writing a personalized message that reflects your relationship with them will make their day just that much more special. You can even elevate the celebrations and make your party planning easier with our list of popular wedding anniversary songs.