No matter if you’ve been dating for a few years or married for a decade, an anniversary is something to celebrate. It’s a day that holds a special place in your heart (and calendar) because it marks your decision to spend your life together. From sweet to funny, every couple has a different style of expressing their love. Finding the perfect balance of romance and thoughtfulness can seem challenging when you’re writing to one of the people you care most about in the world.
If you’re struggling with what to write in your anniversary card, some anniversary quotes or messages will help you put your feelings into words. And if you’re looking for the right wedding anniversary gift or wedding anniversary quotes, these wedding anniversary wishes will help you find the right words to express your love—whether it’s your first wedding anniversary gift you’re shopping for or your 50th wedding anniversary gift.
Romantic Anniversary Messages
There’s nothing more romantic than reminiscing on your wedding day. Remembering the vows you made and the loved ones you shared them with will help you get in touch with your romantic side.
- To the most beautiful woman who has given me the most beautiful life, a very happy anniversary.
- Every love story is special, unique and beautiful—but ours is my favorite.
- When a love is true, there is no ending. I hope we get to celebrate for many years to come. Happy anniversary!
- I want to love you, adore you, take care of you and make you the happiest person there ever was for all of time.
- I didn’t think it was possible to love you any more than I did the day I married you, but somehow my love only grows. I love you today and always.
- Happy anniversary to the only person in the world that I want beside me every day and every night for the rest my life. I love you, sweetheart. Happy anniversary!
- I’m so excited about the future because I can’t wait to make all of our dreams come true. Happy anniversary and cheers to many more.
- I believe everything happens for a reason because it led me to you. I love you, happy anniversary.
- Forever wouldn’t be long enough with you. Happy anniversary, with all my love.
- Having you by my side makes me the happiest, most grateful and luckiest person in the world. Happy anniversary to my soul mate.
Funny Anniversary Messages
A good sense of humor is important in any relationship. Show off your playful side with an anniversary message that will make your partner laugh but still tell them how much they mean to you.
- You’re my favorite husband.
- There’s no one I’d rather sit on the couch watching TV with. Happy anniversary!
- It’s pretty cool that we’ve been together for however long we’ve been together. Happy anniversary!
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me, but then I remember that I put up with you too, so that makes us even. I love you!
- You’re alright I guess. Happy anniversary!
- Even though your snoring drives me crazy, I wouldn’t pick anyone else in the world to share my bed with. Happy anniversary!
- Happy anniversary! Let’s order takeout and be in bed by 10pm.
- I’m yours. No refunds.
- You married this crazy. Happy anniversary!
- Sometimes I get jealous of you. After all, you married the world’s most beautiful and brilliant woman. Happy anniversary, dearest husband!
Sweet Anniversary Messages
When in doubt, a sweet message and compliment will go a long way with any partner. It’s a lovely way to say “not only do I love you, but you’re my best friend.”
- Happy anniversary to my better-in-every-way half. Seriously, you’re amazing.
- I love doing life with you. Happy anniversary!
- Like the smiles in our selfies, you light up my life. I love you! Happy anniversary.
- From sending you good night texts to wishing you good morning, everything seems sweeter since I met you. Happy anniversary.
- The good things in life are better with you.
- I am so blessed to be married to someone as wonderful as you. Happy anniversary.
- I can never tell you enough how beautiful you are, how much you make me smile and how much you mean to me. Happy anniversary to my one true love.
- Happy anniversary! Thank you for always loving me for who I am.
- There’s nowhere else I’d rather be than right here by your side with your hand in mine. Happy anniversary.
- In a world where so many things can be uncertain, you are the one thing that I will always be sure of. Happy anniversary!
Milestone Anniversary Messages
Every anniversary is important, but there’s no denying that major milestones like 10 years, 25 years, or even 50 years are an extra special cause for celebration. Cater your message to let your partner know how much you love them despite the years passing.
- Even though the years continue to pass, my love for you only grows stronger. Happy [25th] anniversary!
- It started with a dream of a life together, and the dream only gets better. Cheers to [one] year of marriage!
- Even after  years, I’ve never known anyone more beautiful, more kind and more loving than you. Happy Anniversary to my one and only true love.
- Happy [5th] anniversary, babe. I love you more and more every year!
- After all these years there’s no place I would rather be than right here with you. Happy [50th] anniversary!
- Happy [10th] anniversary. We’ve had so many wonderful memories together already. Here’s to many more!
- There are no words to describe the love I feel for you on our [first] anniversary—unwavering, tender and boundless only begin to sum it up.
- We may have changed since we first met  years ago, but through that we have only grown closer. I love you so much! Happy anniversary sweetheart.
- Happy anniversary! I can’t help but smile thinking back on all of our happiest memories from the past  years, and I’m excited for what the next  will bring!
- I knew we’d make it this long when I married you. I’m also predicting that we’ll make it much longer. Cheers to another  years together!
Anniversary Messages For Partner With Kids
After having children, you’ll appreciate your partner in a whole new way. Share how much they mean to you and the kids on your anniversary.
- I don’t care about life’s twists and turns, as long as I have you and our beautiful family. Happy anniversary my love.
- To my beautiful wife, the mother of my children and my lifelong partner. I love you more than you even know.
- Happy anniversary to the person who gave me the greatest gift of all time—eternal love and our beautiful children.
- Today, we celebrate the best decision you’ve ever made—making me your wife and the mother of your kids. Happy anniversary, honey!
- I want to thank you for everything you do for me and the kids. You make managing our home, taking care of the kids and having a career look so easy. How did I get so lucky? I love you, honey.
- Even after all this time, my heart still melts when you walk into the room. Happy anniversary.
- You are the peanut butter to my jelly and the macaroni to my cheese. We make a perfect (kid-friendly) pair. Happy anniversary, my dear.
- Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that I would find you and that you would make my dreams come true. Our little family is everything I could have hoped for and more. Happy anniversary!
- They say the greatest marriages are built on teamwork. Thanks for being on my side through all the tantrums and meltdowns. I love you!
- Thank you for always believing in us and our future. Look how far we’ve come! Happy anniversary to the most amazing father and husband I could ask for.
Anniversary Messages For Boyfriend Or Girlfriend
It can be tricky to know when to start celebrating dating anniversaries. Whether or not you decide to make a homemade anniversary gift or buy them something nice, a thoughtful message will go a long way no matter how long you’ve been together.
- I don’t know how I got so lucky to get a girl like you, but I’m thankful every single day.
- No one makes me laugh the way you do. Thanks for being the best part of my day—every day!
- You make me happier than I’ve ever been. Happy anniversary! I hope we get to spend many more together.
- I’m glad I asked you out on this day [two] years ago. Happy anniversary!
- From romantic dates to cuddles on the couch, you’ve given me some of life’s sweetest memories.
- I think it’s time to let you know that I’ve been dating someone, and I really love them. It’s you!
- You are my best friend, my lover and someone I’m happy to call my [boyfriend]. Happy anniversary!
- I can’t wait to see what’s to come for us. Thanks for sticking with me—there’s no one I’d rather experience life with!
- Life with you is much happier and sweeter than it was before you came into the picture. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary to my favorite person! This year was so great, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us.
Anniversary Messages For A Couple
If your friends are celebrating an anniversary, it’s a nice gesture to send a message, either in a text or card, wishing them a happy anniversary. If you’re thinking of sending a gift as well, consider a memorable wedding gift or a more traditional anniversary gift by year.
- Congratulations on another year spent together. Wishing you the most love, laughter and happiness for years to come.
- Cheers to two imperfect pieces that fit perfectly together.
- You two weirdos are perfect for each other.
- Sending love to our favorite couple on their anniversary!
- Wishing you an anniversary as special as the love you two share.
- May you continue to love, cherish and honor one another for years to come. Happy anniversary!
- Wishing a perfect pair a perfect anniversary!
- You two are an inspiration to those lucky enough to know you. Happy anniversary.
- May your lives be filled with adventure and your love be never-ending. Happy anniversary.
- Falling in love is easy, but staying in love is something different. You did it. Happy anniversary!
Anniversary Messages For Parents
Mark the date in your calendar, and don’t forget to send your parents wishes for a happy anniversary. Maybe even go in with your siblings on one of these gift ideas for parents for extra brownie points!
- I hope to have love like yours someday. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!
- Wishing a happy anniversary to the couple who taught me the meaning of true love.
- All things grow with love, and nothing is better proof of that than our family. Love you Mom and Dad.
- I feel so lucky to call you both my parents. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary filled with happiness and laughter!
- Hoping that the love you shared years ago is still as strong today as it was then. Happy anniversary!
- Your togetherness through life’s ups and downs has taught me teamwork, your tolerance for each other’s habits has taught me patience and your support during each other’s crises has taught me solidarity. Happy anniversary to the couple who taught me everything I know!
- May your biggest of challenge be limited to making every anniversary better than the previous one. Happy anniversary to you both.
- You’ll never need to renew your wedding vows because you never let them expire in the first place. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.
- With every passing year your marriage isn’t becoming old—it’s becoming beautifully vintage and exquisitely priceless. Happy anniversary.
- It takes two very special people to really weather the storms of life together and still be smiling years later. Happy anniversary!
After you’ve chosen a message and written a card, it’s time to pick out an anniversary gift. A canvas print with a photo of your favorite wedding day memory would be great for recently married couples. Or a personalized vase with your partner’s favorite flowers is always a nice gesture. Just remember, no matter the size of the gift, your love is priceless.