Don’t let another holiday season go by without telling your friends, colleagues, neighbors, or family members how much they mean to you. Whether you’re grateful for your old college roommate and all the years you kept in touch, your colleagues for making those late nights more fun, or your family for always having your back, be sure to send them a holiday message. If you’re stuck trying to figure out what to write in a holiday card, we’re sharing heartfelt messages for everyone you love.
From friendly messages to share with family, appropriate notes to send to your team at work, and a few jokes for friends, you’ll find the perfect way to share the holiday spirit with those you care about. Add your own custom holiday greeting, or feel free to copy these directly. Either way, be sure to let everyone know you’re so thankful for another year spent with them with personalized holiday cards.
Skip straight to the section you want below:
- What to Write in a Holiday Card
- Holiday Card Wishes
- Business Holiday Card Messages
- Funny Holiday Card Sayings
- Holiday Quotes
Step by Step: What to Write in a Holiday Card
During a hectic time of the year that is marked by special events and traditions galore, you won’t want to forget to send out your Season’s Greetings. Between sharing Thanksgiving messages around the dinner table and counting down the seconds until midnight at your New Year’s party, the best way to top off your holiday celebrations is by sending your well wishes in the cheery multi photo holiday card.
We’ve listed steps for what to write in a holiday card to help you assure that your happy holidays messages are flawless, no matter whom you are writing to.
- Wish the card recipient a “Happy Holidays!” Always remember to start your greeting card with a “Happy Holidays!” sentiment or phrase. You can never go wrong by extending a warm greeting and this festive saying is the perfect way to jumpstart your holiday card message.
- Write a short Holiday card saying. Choose a message that best suits you as well as your recipients to ensure that each greeting is special. Make sure to tailor your saying depending on who you are writing to.
- If you’re close to the recipient you can write a personal Holiday card message. Use nicknames, inside jokes, and treasured memories when writing your Merry Christmas wishes to friends, family, or anyone else close to you. Taking a few extra minutes to customize these cards will surely pay off and warm the hearts of your recipients.
- If you’re writing a business holiday card make sure your message is cheerful yet appropriate. Show your clients, customers, and employees just how much you appreciate them with a sincere corporate holiday card or Christmas card message. No matter how big or small your company may be, a gratitude filled holiday card is the best way to thank those you’ve done business with. Be mindful of the words you select and make sure that your greeting reflects your business values.
- Pick a few funny Holiday sayings to include in your greeting. Give the gift of laughter this season by sharing funny Holiday sayings with your card recipients. Select an appropriate saying that you know will reach your card recipients’ well and be mindful of jokes or phrases that may be offensive. It’s always a good idea to make those near and dear to you smile this season.
- Use a few Holiday quotes to capture the magic of the season. Holiday quotes are very inspirational and have the power to bring the season to life through your holiday wishes. Don’t be afraid to let famous authors and poets help you craft your messages and get in the holiday spirit with a few seasonal quotes.
- Add your signature at the end of your holiday greeting. You took the time to create personalized holiday greeting card messages so, don’t forget to sign the card and let everyone know who it’s from.
Holiday Card Wishes
A thoughtful, personalized gift is the best kind you can give this holiday season. With the perfect holiday card saying, you will not only spread joy but also, show those close to you just how much you care. In fact, crafting your personalized sentiment on one of our Christmas photo cards will allow you to turn your family’s special memories into a keepsake to share. Use one, or two, or three of the wishes below to add some jingle to your holiday greeting.
- Wishing you all of the Hope, Wonder, and Joy that the Season can bring!
- Warmest wishes of the Season from our family to yours.
- Let us cherish family and friends this Holiday Season.
- Wishing you a season filled with warm moments and cherished memories.
- Warmest thoughts and Best wishes for a wonderful Holiday and a very Happy New Year.
- Holiday Greetings and Best wishes for a New Year of Happiness in a World of Peace.
- The gift of love, the gift of peace, the gift of happiness… May these be yours this Holiday Season.
- Hope this season is packed with fun!
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness…May it be yours this Holiday Season and throughout the coming year.
- May your home be filled with all the joys of the season.
- Wishing you comfort, hope and joy for the holidays and always.
- Wishing you the gift of faith and the blessing of hope.
- With all good wishes to you and your family for health and happiness throughout the coming year.
- Have a warm and cozy holiday.
- May your Holidays be filled with joyful noise.
- From our home to yours…
- Joy! Joy! Joy!
- Let music fill the air; let joy be everywhere!
- To a joyful present and a well remembered past. Best wishes for Happy Holidays.
Business Holiday Card Messages
There’s no need to struggle with what to write in a business holiday card. The holidays are certainly a hectic time for most organizations and as a professional, it may seem like you have no time. Even through all of the chaos, it’s important to invest in thanking the important people who make it all happen. The best part? It won’t even take you that much time! Use one of our helpful business holiday card messages to build your business relationships, thank your clients and colleagues, and spread your Season’s Greetings.
- Wishing you a Happy Holiday and a joyful New Year. Best wishes from your friends at [company name].
- Happy Holidays and warm wishes for 2020!
- Wishing you a wonderful holiday season.
- Wishing you a bright 2020 from your friends at [company name].
- Wishing you a Happy New Year! We hope it’s your best year ever.
- May this good cheer last throughout the year.
- We appreciate your business and wish you the best in the coming year.
- May the holiday spirit be with you and your family today and throughout the New Year.
- We’re so glad to have you as a client and look forward to serving you in the future.
- The end of the year brings no greater joy than the opportunity to express to you season’s greetings and good wishes. May your holidays and New Year be filled with joy.
- As the holiday season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those who have helped to shape our business. It’s been quite a year for us all! We hope that 2020 has been just as memorable for you, your colleagues and your loved ones. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.
- During this season, we take time to reflect upon the good things we have… like our partnership with you. We appreciate working with you and hope that the holidays and the coming year will bring you happiness and success.
- As we look back upon the past year, we would like to acknowledge those who have helped us shape our business. Thanks for a great year, and we wish you all the best as you embark on 2020.
- At this special time of year, we give thanks for clients like you who have made our jobs easier and our lives more fulfilling. Thank you for being you. From all of us at [company name].
- We would like to express our sincerest appreciation for the trust you have placed in us and best wishes for the holidays.
- This holiday season, we are looking back with appreciation for your loyalty and looking forward to moving into the New Year together.
Funny Holiday Card Sayings
Pick and choose a few funny holiday card sayings to add to your greeting cards. Show off your witty personality through your holiday card this year. These chuckle-worthy messages are perfect for your fun-loving friends plus, they pair well with funny Christmas card photos!
- Know what the best thing about this card is? It doesn’t come with a fruitcake!
- It’s the holiday season. Let the overeating begin.
- Holiday cheer recipe: Combine loads of good wishes, a heart full of love and armfuls of hugs. Sprinkle with laughter and garnish with mistletoe.
- I can’t tell if it’s the joyous holiday season or the spiked eggnog, but there’s no one else I’d rather be single and not-mingling with through the winter.
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving day.
- This Christmas let’s try to keep things in proper perspective. After all, credit cards do have their limits.
- It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list.
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- Hope your holiday’s filled with plenty of ho-ho-ho!
- Eat, Drink, Be Merry. Repeat as needed…and have an awesome holiday!
- Merry Christmas to someone who’s definitely on my “nice” list!
- Hope this holiday season decks your halls with lots of merry!
- ‘Tis the season to get tipsy! Cheers to a wonderful Christmas!
- Wishing you whatever jingles your bells!
- Meowy Christmas!
- Happy Pawlidays!
Despite which end-of-the-year holidays your recipients will be celebrating this year, using a few holiday quotes in your sentiment will only enhance your well wishes. For most of us, it can be difficult to get our words onto paper, especially during the holidays. Pick and choose or mix and match a few of the quotes below to spread some jolly cheer.
- “I am grateful for what I am and have. My Thanksgiving is perpetual.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” -William Arthur Ward
- “Christmas is a time when you get homesick – even when you’re home.” -Carol Nelson
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” -Dale Evans
- “Colorful candles burning bright, each lit on eight very special nights.” -Anonymous
- “Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart.” -Hannah Senesh
- “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.” -Victor Borge
- “You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.” -Maya Angelou
- “There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus.” -Bob Phillips
- “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.” -Mary Ellen Chase
- “All holidays can be good times.” -John Clayton
- “Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log.” -Ellen DeGeneres
- “We need a six month holiday, twice a year.” -Anonymous
- “I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.” -Amy Adams
When you sit down to craft your celebratory card message think about honoring each festivity the season brings and don’t forget to do so with a whole lot of personalization for your recipients. In the midst of all your planning, eating, thanksgiving and gift wrapping, use the holiday season to send your Christmas wishes, Thanksgiving cards, Happy New Year, and everything in between. Take a look at our personalized holiday cards to choose the right card for you and your family.