Whether you captured a family vacation full of adventures or you’ve been documenting the progress of your pregnancy, don’t let your photos stay in digital folders forever. Instead, turn them into photo books you can cherish.
And if you are not sure how to make a photo book We have eight photo book ideas that you can easily make. And once you have a concept in mind, use our step-by-step guide below to curate your photos and tell your story. Take your photo book to the next level by upgrading to a premium cover in crushed silk, leather or more.
Create spreads with your vacation photos. When stylizing each page, consider photos that are both posed and candid. These photos should bring a sense of place and fun to take you back to your vacation spots any time you wish.
Sweet Summertime Weekends
Create a photo book that your children can use to reminisce on all the times you spent together. To truly tell the story of your summer, mix up the layout on every page. From a photo that spans two full pages to mixing six to eight pictures per page, utilize the templates to easily display your photos in a concise layout.
Whether you’re continuing family traditions that have lasted generations or starting your own, it’s important to record the fun times you spent together. Create a photo book every year and bring all of them to annual gatherings. It’s a great way of recollecting stories from years past and seeing how much everyone has grown.
Year of Adventures
Recap your year with a photo book full of memories you made with your family and friends. Whether you explored the area close to home or travelled the globe, you’ll love to create a personalized souvenir to showcase all of your favorite memories. If you have any funny quotes or stories, include them alongside the photos for a good laugh in years to come.
Senior year of high school wraps up a major chapter in one’s life. From prom and senior night to graduation, there are many memories made with lifelong friends before embarking on their next adventure. For a unique graduation present, create a personal yearbook for your graduate. They’ll love having a tangible collection of their photos outside of their Facebook and Instagram feed.
From enjoying a honeymoon escape to purchasing a home, the first year as a married couple will feel like it goes by in the blink of an eye. That’s why it’s important to build a photo book dedicated to your many firsts. You can allot a few pages to your honeymoon and fill the remainder of the book with meaningful moments together.
Capture the nine months of anticipation by creating a photo book of pregnancy milestones. Include month-by-month updates of your bump, celebrations such as the gender reveal and baby shower and make sure to leave space to document your feelings throughout the experience leading up to parenthood. You can either make this for yourself or as a surprise gift for your significant other’s first Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Family Yearbook by Season
Dedicate an entire photo book to every season spent with your family. Capture some major traditions such as picking pumpkins or celebrating July 4th. Create a spread of three to four pages per season and create a new photo book following the same theme every year.
Once you have a concept in mind, it’s time to create a photo book of your own. You can have one of our designers make the photo book for you, use our Simple Path where photos are instantly arranged in your book or customize your photo book the way you want.
- Choose your photo book size: Consider the volume of photos you have as well as where you’ll keep your photo book before selecting a photo book size. If it will be a coffee table staple, opt for a larger photo book, but if it needs to fit in a bookshelf, consider the size constraints you may have.
- Select a style: Your photo book should tell your story, so choose a style that reflects the memories you made. From modern white to whimsy chalkboard, there are over 240 styles that you can choose from.
- Upload your photos: Sort through your photos to nail down the ones that you want to include in your photo book. Narrowing down your options can sometimes be the hardest part, but a good rule of thumb is to stick with a common theme and include everyone who you shared the memories with.
- Customize: Choose from various layouts, backgrounds and embellishments to create a spread that you’re proud to show off! It’s easy to drag and drop your photos and add-ons, so don’t be afraid to play around with it.
- Preview and purchase: Once you’ve completed your photo book, preview the book from cover to cover to confirm that it’s exactly how you want it. Then add it to your cart, add your shipping and payment information and get ready to receive the final version in your mailbox.
With our step-by-step and theme ideas in mind, create your own photo book to keep or gift.