Last Updated: Jul 19, 2018
Some of the best things in life come in small packages. A small photo album is a thoughtful gift you can personalize for any of life’s special occasions. If your phone is brimming with photos from fun events, vacations or what you ate for dinner, why not transform them into a truly unique gift.
You can celebrate the everyday moments, your children’s artwork or even your latest recipe obsessions with a small photo book. Not only is it an easy and artistic way to showcase your memories, it’s a tangible item you can keep forever and use as a decorative touch in your home.
Curate and customize your photo album with life’s adventures, a stylized theme, and embellishments or personal captions. We created six inspiring small photo album ideas, along with additional creative occasions for a photo book, to spark creativity for your own project. The following ideas work perfect for a one-time project or as part of the Free Photo Book a Month offer.
Small Photo Album Ideas
1. For the Green Thumb
Does every plant you touch live a long and happy life? If you know the difference between a pothos, fiddle leaf fig and monstera plant, this is the perfect thing for you. Plant-y items are everywhere lately and a photo book is no exception. Cherish your favorite moments in the garden with a small photo album or gift it with a personalized flower pot to a friend who’s even more plant obsessed than you.
2. Music Speaks
If you never miss a local show or you’re a musician yourself, create a small album with photos of concert nights, band practices or your favorite headlining shows. This is a great way to capture your musical journey and celebrate how far you’ve come. Personalize the pages with quotes from your favorite artist, or even more unique, your own song lyrics!
3. What’s Cookin?
Looking for a place to store your old family recipes and the ones you put a creative twist on? You may even have fun photos of your family cooking together. If so, create a personalized cookbook to keep everything in one place. Prop it up in your kitchen next to the spice rack, ingredient jars and utensils. You can gift it with a fun pineapple tea towel, some natural ribbon and a gift tag for your own personal chef in the family.
4. To Have and to Hold
Celebrate the newlyweds with a special memory book of their adventures together. Or, tell the story of your very own wedding day. From the first look shots to the amazing after party memories, wedding photos should be printed and cherished for years to come. Pair it with cute ceramic coasters for the happy couple’s new home. Or, gift it as a one year anniversary present to your special someone along with an engraved bangle.
5. Baby’s First Year
Babies change so much during their first year and the time flies by just a little too quickly! Remember your little one’s precious milestones and create a physical photo album of the baby photos you have been collecting on your phone. Display the album in your baby’s room, next to a personalized pillow, for a creative touch they’re sure to appreciate when they grow older. You can look back on the album together with nostalgia and so much love.
6. A Work of Art
Did you make an effort to focus on your artwork this year? Whether you’re into abstract or modern art, celebrate your progress and compile your favorite pieces, inspiring quotes and even photos of you creating it in a photo book. You’ll be thankful you have this memento to look back on when you have a whole collection to share!
The best photo book not only holds beautiful photos, but tells a captivating story. Here are a few more meaningful and unique themes and occasions to inspire your next photo album:
- Team Sports: highlight your kid’s home runs or touchdowns over the years, with final score captions and awesome action shots.
- Beach Vacation: compile your favorite photos and reminisce on the white sands and crystal clear waters from your last vacay.
- Baby Shower: as you prepare for your little one, remember the special day you spent celebrating baby’s arrival.
- Retirement: celebrate those lifetime achievements, from notable performance awards to your big promotion.
- Family Reunion: family is everything! Remember the priceless moments for years to come and add a special title to capture your family sentiment.
- Mother’s Day: show the person who raised you how much she means to you by including pictures of your favorite memories and meaningful quotes.
- First Year Anniversary: from the highs to the lows, capture the unforgettable memories of your first year of marriage.
- Summertime Fun: fill a small photo album with everything under the sun to remember your favorite moments this summer.
- Military Homecoming: salute your hero and tell them how proud you are of them with a photo book that celebrates their service.
- Everyday Moments: who needs an occasion to tell someone you love them? The simple moments are just as special.
Start with your theme or occasion and follow a few simple steps to create the perfect photo book. Preserve life’s beautiful moments to relive and share with the ones you love, whenever you want. Stay true to your personal style and one of a kind story and customize your own photo book online.