Custom phone cases have likely caught your eye in a public setting. Whether they display neon tacos, a particularly adorable family photo, or an inspiring quote, these device holders are often extensions of our personalities. So why not make your own custom phone case? You can create a unique phone case design in five simple steps.
Learning how to make custom phone cases may seem like a complicated task, but the process is simple and makes for a fun project to tackle from home. First, select the model of your phone—whether it’s an Android model or iPhone model. From there, design your own phone case using personalization options like case durability, finish, layout, and background.
How To Make A Custom Phone Case
It’s simple to design custom phone cases with pictures from family photos to vacation pictures or snapshots of your dog. The first step is choosing the correct device. Next, you’ll decide the case type to protect your phone along with the finish and layout. Finally, add even more customization by choosing your favorite background color or pattern. Your new Samsung Galaxy customized phone case or the best custom iPhone case is just five steps away.
- Phone Model: Create a custom phone case by selecting the model.
- Case Type: Pick a durability type with or without added protection to design your phone case.
- Finish: Select a finish for your custom made phone case.
- Layout: Choose between a one to five photo layout in the custom phone case maker.
- Background: Customize your own phone case by selecting a new background.
Whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone, the model options and details to design a phone case are outlined below.
Make Custom iPhone Cases
iPhones are constantly changing and improving. Luckily, a custom iPhone case is at your fingertips, no matter how old or new. All it takes is a little design inspiration and up to five photos of your choice.
Step 1: Select Your Phone Model
Apple frequently releases the latest and greatest iPhone model, but that doesn’t mean your custom phone case with pictures has to have an ill-fitting cover. As more iPhones are released, more model options to customize your phone case will become available. Choose your specific model to create a stunning design unique to your personality:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
Step 2: Add Protection To Your Custom Phone Case
Deciding whether or not to add a silicon liner to your personalized picture phone case is a personal preference. Choosing to customize your phone case with a liner adds durability for more protection on your device. The liner is removable if you decide you’d prefer a slim case after a few uses. Alternatively, choose to design a phone case with no liner for a sleek and modern look.
Step 3: Select A Finish For Your Picture Phone Case
Whether you’ve got a sparkling personality and pizzaz to match or prefer subtle minimalistic tones, your custom phone case with a picture can follow suit. A glossy glaze can add a sheen to your case that might just bring out the blue in your ocean background. In contrast, a matte custom photo phone case is subtle and elegant. Select between these two finishes for the perfect touch on your cover’s design.
Step 4: Choose Your Layout And Photos
When you make custom phone cases, it’s important to decide how many images you want to include. Once you select your photo or photos, you can decide how you want the custom images to be displayed.
- One photo: Choose between a photo that spans the whole width of the cover, or is centered with edges.
- Two photos: When selecting two photos to make a custom phone case, decide if you want text overlaid.
- Three photos: Design a unique personalized phone case with a photo-booth style layout, one larger image on top with two smaller on the bottom, or rearrange the design to your liking.
- Four photos: Select four photos stacked on one another or in a perfectly symmetrical square. If you want a background color to shine through, leave the gray area blank.
- Five photos: With an asymmetrical five photo design, you can create an entire section for text. Ideal for a monogrammed touch.
Step 5: Phone Case Background
Behind every stunning phone case is a background to match. Create a custom phone case featuring standard RGB colors or get funky with a personalized pattern. Keep in mind that if your uploaded pictures span the entire case, your chosen background color will likely be covered by the custom image.
Make A Personalized Android Phone Case
Once you know how to customize a phone case for one phone, you can follow the same steps across multiple devices. The only difference in your personalized design is selecting for your chosen device.
If you’re designing a Samsung phone case, the five steps are outlined below:
- Choose the custom phone case model.
- Select the case type for additional protection.
- Pick a finish.
- Upload photos to your custom layout.
- Designate a solid color or pattern for the background.
A custom phone case makes for the perfect gift or a simple DIY project to do on your day off. Both easy to make and budget-friendly, make a personalized Shutterfly phone case in five simple steps. You’ll find a wide variety of personalization options available. Once you’ve learned how to customize a phone case, use the same design across other digital accessories like a laptop case or wireless phone charger.
Check out these additional resources to personalize your accessories: