Check out our collection of creative Mother’s Day gift ideas and easily find the perfect gift for Mom. From photo blankets to hairpieces to jewelry, these unique items make for creative Mother’s Day gifts that are filled with love and thoughtfulness.
Shop Mother's Day Gifts
Personalize thoughtful Mother's Day cards and gifts for mom
1. Decorative Wall Art for MomMake for wall art your mom’s special day with a favorite family photo. Include an inspirational quote from one of her favorite movies, books or songs. She’ll love hanging this in her living room, her bedroom or some other special place in the house.
2. Photo NecklaceThe best Mother’s Day gifts are ones with a personal touch. Place a special photo in a necklace for a keepsake that will last a lifetime. She’ll enjoy tucking this close to her heart every day, especially on birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
3. Hallway RugBraid together colorful strands of scrap fabric for a creative Mother’s Day gift idea. Perfect for jazzing up a sitting room or hallway entry area, this DIY rug will brighten up the room and her life!
4. Garden Stone for Mother’s DayAdd a lovely touch to Mom’s vegetable or flower garden with a personalized garden stone. Include an inspirational message or quote so she thinks of you every time she sees it. Choose from a heart- or oval-shaped garden stone to match Mom’s personal style.
5. Giant Backyard GamesUsing 2×4 boards and colored paints, create a giant block game for Mother’s Day for festive backyard games. Moms will enjoy playing with you and the whole family in spring, summer and fall. She might even host a game night with friends to enjoy this exciting twist on a long-time favorite.
6. Art from the HeartCustomize a wood frame and add a photo of you and Mom—or one of the whole family. With a quote, inspirational message or favorite song lyric, Mom will love displaying the frame in her office or at home.
7. Salt and PepperAdd a dash of love to your Mother’s Day celebrations. Decorate salt and pepper shakers with simple etched designs. Mom can use them every evening at dinner or for special occasions when she hosts guests.
8. Silhouette ArtCreate silhouettes of children or grandchildren and frame them in wood with tips from Activity Village. Mom will have new home decor and an easy way to think of you. From small to large silhouettes, Mom will definitely find a special place in her home to hang these.
9. Bring Fun to DinnerSelect Mom’s favorite photos and design a table runner for holidays, dinner parties or everyday use. Mom will appreciate how her newest decoration keeps her dining room full of life and love.
10. Citrus ExtractsPeel lemons and oranges for mixing your own citrus extracts. Mom will appreciate the fresh taste she can add to her cooking and baking.
11. Sweet Sips Coffee Mug for Mother’s DayGive Mom a gift she can use every day: a personalized tea or coffee mug. She can start her day remembering favorite family moments—like a spring break vacation or snowshoeing excursion. Even on the busiest days, she’ll have a moment to relax and sip her favorite drink. Explore our whole collection to make fun personalized gifts for mom.
12. Naturally SweetBe a sweetheart and gift your mom natural honey she will love to use for her cooking and drinks. She’ll savor the fresh taste and enjoy the health benefits. Add a shaped design or lettering to the jars for a decorative touch.
13. Family CanvasCreate a classic and personalized work of art with an elegant canvas print. Mom can hang this in her favorite room and always remember the loving family that surrounds her. Consider using childhood photos or black and white prints for a timeless look.
14. Charm Necklace For MomPersonalized jewelry shows us how to express love and gratitude this Mother’s Day by crafting a simple heart out of clay and stringing it through a necklace chain. You and your Mom’s heart will remain close with this creative Mother’s Day idea.
15. Personalized Serving TrayPersonalize a serving tray for when Mom hosts. She can use it for appetizers, a snack mix or an array of drinks. She’ll be proud to show off the family photos and her creative Mother’s Day gift.
16. Pressed FlowersGather flowers from local fields and gardens and preserve them for longer enjoyment. Press and preserve the flowers in a unique arrangement—and gift your Mom beautiful wall art. She can hang your handcrafted piece in her entryway, living room or bedroom.
17. Stay OrganizedRemind busy moms that they are loved and cared for. With this photo paperweight, she’ll always think of peace and joy, no matter how hectic her desk is. Choose photos that will bring a smile to her face, like those from a holiday celebration or family camping trip.
18. Tea CandlesFind decorative tea cups in your home or at second-hand stores. Your Mom will love the beauty of this creative Mother’s Day gift idea, especially if she’s a tea lover.
19. Chic Yet FunctionalDesign a personalized canvas pouch for Mom’s jewelry, school supplies or charging cords. Match her style with colors to go with any outfit or purse. She’ll love being both stylish and organized.
20. String ArtUse a string and different cut outs to design a shapes that has meaning to your Mom—like a heart, animal or home state. She’ll notice the extra thought and care you put into this work of art. She’ll probably be impressed with your creative skills, too!
21. Emergency KitMake up for all the times you gave your mom a headache. Fill a canning jar with Advil, chapstick and other tiny favorites like breath mints and nail polish. She’ll get a kick out of this gift idea and find herself using it all year long!
22. Smartphone CaseAdd personal flair to her phone case so she’ll carry her favorite people and moments around with her all day. Design a phone case just for Mom with family photos from vacations, everyday outings or holidays.
23. Lovely RemindersThe best Mother’s Day gifts come from the heart. Sew tiny felt hearts your Mom can take with her wherever she goes—or leave them in the jar for decoration and a reminder of how deeply she’s loved.
24. Reusable BagsGo green by gifting Mom reusable shopping bags—perfect for groceries, shopping at the farmer’s market or carrying items to work. With a personalized look, she can be reminded of your love even on the busiest of days.
25. Bedazzled BarretteBedazzle a hair comb, barrette or headband for your mom to pull her hair back in style. She’ll be extra proud to show off your gift every time she wears it. Add a touch of style and flare to your mom’s style and outfits.
26. Go FishDoes your mom love playing a round of cards? Jazz up family game night with a personalized deck, including photos from family vacations, outdoor excursions and cozy nights at home.
27. Family Recipe CollectionGather the best recipes from family and friends or draw on your own cooking know-how. Gift your mom an easy-to-use recipe ring. This will be a great item to pass down from generation to generation to remember you mom’s best recipes.
28. Styling OutdoorsSpice up Mom’s deck or patio with customized outdoor pillows. Choose a family photo from a trip or summer celebration to bring extra fun to her spring and summer days.
29. For the Pet-LoverThese Mother’s Day gift ideas perfect for pet moms! Use key rings and leather to make unique tags for dogs, cats or bunnies. She’ll love how personal and classy these look.
30. Homemade SoapStir up a batch of homemade soap and tie it with gift wrap your mom will love. Relaxing scents, like lavender or vanilla, will make your mom appreciate you even more (especially at the end of a long day!)
31. Clever T-ShirtGet creative and design your Mom a catchy t-shirt. Pick her favorite phrase or quote she’ll be excited to wear. You can also try this on a sleeveless or long-sleeve shirt.
32. Morning SurpriseHave your mom brighten her mornings with a basket of the best items, like a newspaper subscription, fresh coffee grounds and a mug. She can start her days knowing how much you care.
33. DIY ClockMake a personalized clock from the map of your mom’s hometown or current neighborhood. Even when she’s running late, Mom will always think of you when she checks the time.
34. For KeepsakesGive Mom a heartfelt reminder of your love with this idea. Decorate a jewelry or keepsake box where your mom can store all of her special belongings, like rings, mementos, heirlooms and travel souvenirs.
35. Bookends for the BookwormAn ultimate choice for a book lover, stylish bookends make for fun and useful Mother’s Day gifts. Find an old telephone and recreate a retro look, or go modern with a sleek wood design.
36. Glass MagnetsSpruce up Mom’s fridge by personalizing your own magnets. Include photos, favorite phrases and bright colors. She will smile every time she hangs a photo or postcard on the refrigerator.
37. Floral EarringsAdd flare to your mom’s jewelry collection with handcrafted floral earrings. These will make her feel fashionable, giving her something stylish to wear to community events, drinks with the gals or a night on the town.
38. Birthstone NecklaceMake your gift memorable with a birthstone necklace. To show your thoughtfulness, place it in a shape that’s meaningful for her, like a heart, star or her favorite animal.
39. Lift Her SpiritsLet Mom know she is treasured each and every day with a personalized photo mouse pad. She’ll think of you often—whether she’s at home or at the office.
40. Gardening PotsPaint flower pots with fun designs and share them with your mom this May. She’ll love the personal touch and fresh blooms. You can also paint a canvas for Mom to match your flower pot design.
41. Fresh HerbsBring fresh herbs, such as rosemary, basil and mint, into your mom’s home. This gift idea will keep on giving as it grows and produces delicious herbs for her to cook with!
42. Pom Pom BraceletWhen it comes to Mother’s Day creative gift ideas, these pom pom bracelets are at the top of the list. For a mom with a fun personality, adding color to her wardrobe is sure to be a hit. Sample out a few colors before determining the right mix for Mom.
43. Tic-Tac-ToeThe best Mother’s Day gifts are usually personalized with an extra ingredient of fun. With this tic-tac-toe board your mom will have fun playing with friends and family all year long.
44. Letter CoastersLanguage loving moms will get a kick out of these homemade coasters. Make a word array with her favorite things like lattes or tea, or go more sentimental with words about love, life and family. Crafting tip: find inexpensive Scrabble tiles at second-hand shops.
45. Warm Her HeartKeep your mom’s heart and soul warm with a personalized fleece photo blanket. When she curls up, she’ll be reminded of all the love that surrounds her. Perfect for cuddling up on the couch or having a picnic in summer.
46. Baked With LoveYum! This Mother’s Day, treat your mom to her favorite homemade cookies. For a special touch, present them in a giftbox or resealable container. Mom will love not being the one to bake for once.
47. Birdhouse for the IndoorsCharming and useful, these Mother’s Day gift ideas are bound to make her quite excited! Use paints and decorative paper to match these birdhouse key holders to the style of your mom’s home, or consider painting a feeder or birdhouse for outside her window.
48. Artist’s RenderingShows your mom how to pencil a drawing of Mom with personalized card attached. Mom’ll be flattered by her personal portrait and impressed with your artistic skills. She can frame your work or hang it on the fridge after Mother’s Day.
49. Paper FlowersGet crafty and create vibrant flowers out of paper or newspaper to make an amazing art piece for your mom. These flowers will stay fresh all year long and can be made in all colors like red, orange, blue and purple.
50. Catch All TrayPersonalize a catch all tray for Mom to keep her rings, change, keys and more. Add photos from family gatherings, days at the park or other celebrations.
51. Namesake VaseThis custom glass vase is as elegant as it is useful. Personalize it with your mother’s initials or a meaningful message. And for an extra special touch, fill it with her favorite flowers before you present it to her for Mother’s day.
52. Motherhood Tea TowelTea towels make beautiful decorations as well as practical kitchen essentials, making one the perfect gift for your mother this year. Customize with anything from her favorite family photo to a traditional family recipe.
53. Homemade Sweet JamSweet jam tastes as good as it looks when it’s homemade. Pick your mother’s favorite fruits or berries and cook them down into a sweet jam spread, perfect for pairing with toast or her favorite sandwich.
54. Custom Keepsake BoxIf your Mom is running out of places to keep her jewelry, consider making her a personalized keepsake box. These boxes look beautiful, and keep jewelry safe and contained.
55. Family Love Easel Back CanvasEasel back canvases are perfect for displaying in the living room, bedroom, office, or on any shelf or table. Customize one with your favorite photos of you and your mother for the perfect creative Mother’s Day gift.
If you’re looking for more Mother’s Day inspiration, take a look at some great DIY and Homemade Mother’s Day gift ideas.