Mother’s Day is all about celebrating the woman who raised you and shaped who you are as a person. From all the packed lunches with napkin notes, to the bandages and kisses after falling off your bike, to being the first one to cry at your graduation– your mom was there for it all. It’s important to thank her for all the love and work she put in through the years. Remind her of your love and appreciation with the perfect Mother’s Day card and message. Not sure of what to write in a Mother’s Day card? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Check out our best Mother’s Day messages below:
- Things To Write In A Mother’s Day Card
- Happy Mother’s Day Messages
- Funny Mother’s Day Messages
- Mother In Law Messages For Mothers Day
- Mother’s Day Messages For Grandma
- Mother Day Messages From Husband or Partner
- Mother’s Day Messages From Daughter
- Mother’s Day Messages From Son
There are plenty of things to say in a Mother’s Day card such as reminding her how much she’s loved, how thankful you are for all her work, and more. For specific prompts, consider those below:
- Remind your mom of fond memories.
- Share a special lesson she taught you.
- List some major things you’re thankful she’s done for you, and some specifics.
- Tell her what she means to you.
- Tell her you love her.
- Don’t forget to say “Happy Mother’s Day.”
And if you’re looking for specific messages and examples of what to write in a Mother’s Day card, look to the sections below.
Mother’s Day Greeting Card Messages and Examples
The following messages are perfect for anyone on Mother’s Day. Whether you’re writing this for your mother, in-law, or grandmother, there’s an ideal Mother’s Day message for you below.
The following Happy Mother’s Day messages are for any mother figure in your life. Combine these general Mother’s Day sayings with our Mother’s Day Quotes to craft the perfect message for your card.
- “Happy Mothers Day! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. It’s more than we can ever repay you!”
- ”I love you and wish you the best Mothers Day!”
- “Wishing you a calm and relaxing Mothers Day. You deserve to be pampered!”
- “Thank you for every hug, word of encouragement, and acts of love you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for always being the shining example of what I wanted to be like when I grew up!”
- “Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times! What would we do without you?”
Does your mom have a good sense of humor? If so, she may like the following funny Mother’s Day messages.
- “Raising me took a lot of patience and strength. Thanks for hanging in there.”
- “To Mom, with love, from your favorite child.”
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy. I only did it because I love you!”
- “Thanks for putting up with us! We love you like crazy.”
- “Thank you for being the only Mother in the world who would love a crazy child like me.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! I promise today I’ll pick up my room. Maybe.”
- “I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.”
- “Mother’s Day is every day when you have a gift of a child like me!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you for your service. We salute you.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. Literally.”
Show your mother-in-law some love with the following messages for Mother’s Day.
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for welcoming me into your family with open arms all those years ago!”
- “How lucky am I to have gotten you as a Mother-in-law? Happy Mother’s Day from all of us!”
- “Thank you for being such a pillar to this family. We all love you so much! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I can’t imagine life without your love, guidance, and support. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to an in-law I can’t imagine life without.”
Whether your grandma is known for fresh baked cookies, quirky commentary, or for the family’s largest collections of photo albums– you love her dearly. Remind her of that with these Mother’s Day messages for Grandma.
- “Happy Mother’s Day to our matriarch! Thank you for all the love and work you put into this family!”
- “Happy Mothers Day Grandma, we all love you so much!”
- “It’s too bad they don’t have a Grandmother’s Day, that way we’d have two days a year to celebrate all that you do! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Sorry you had to put up with (parent’s name) for so long!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Gram-gram! Thanks for always spoiling me and sneaking me cookies!”
- “Love you, Grandma! Hope you’re surrounded by family this Mother’s Day!”
Looking for just the right message to give your partner on Mother’s Day? Look no further than the messages below. For an extra special gesture, combine them with our breakfast in bed ideas.
- “Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who truly does it all! I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do for us!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best mother and wife in the world. What would we all do without you?”
- “How did I get so lucky in marrying you? You continue to inspire this family every day. We love you!”
- “Thanks for making home the happiest place to be. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “We all love you like crazy, and feel so blessed to have you. Happy Mother’s Day.”
Don’t forget to get the perfect Mother’s Day gift to fit the messages listed below! If you need help, make sure to check out our resource on handmade Mother’s day gift ideas.
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best role model I could have ever asked for!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who raised me into the strong, independent woman I am today.”
- “I love you to the moon and back, Mom! Thank you for always inspiring me to live, love, and laugh!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best Mom in the world! I’ll always cherish our movie nights, cooking experiments, and laughter!”
- “You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend, the best Mom I could ever ask for. Happy Mother’s day!”
- “Every day I feel so lucky to call you my Mom. Enjoy today, you deserve it!”
- “With love from the luckiest son in the world.”
- “You’re my one and only mom, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I’m so proud to be your son. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Happy Mother’s day to the woman who raised me into the man I am today. Love you, Mom!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day Mom! Couldn’t do it all without you!”
- “Mom, from feeding and clothing me, to loving me in the tough times, to helping me succeed in my goals– I owe it all to you.”
Resources Related to Mothers Day Messages
If you liked these Mother’s Day messages and feel they’ve answered your question of what to write in a Mother’s Day card, you may be looking for additional Mother’s Day content. If so, make sure to check out the resources below: