Mother’s Day gives people around the world the opportunity to shower the women who’ve loved and cared for them with gifts and appreciation. But between the homemade Mother’s Day gifts and flowers, it’s still important to share a special message with your mother. The right message tells your mother how much you appreciate her and honors the sacrifices she’s made for you. So if you don’t already have a favorite bible verse to add to her Mother’s Day card, we’re here to help. Including this special bible verse along with a Mother’s Day gift from our Mother’s Day gift guide, and it will make her feel extra special this Mother’s Day weekend. Check out our best Mother’s Day Bible Verses in the sections below.
- What Does The Bible Say About Mothers Day?
- Bible Verses For Mothers Day Cards
- Mothers Day Scripture and Mothers Day Quotes From The Bible
- Bible Quotes About Mothers
- Bible Verse Mother’s Love
The Bible consistently asks followers to honor and love their mothers. Examples of this can be seen in Exodus 20:12, “Honor your father and your mother,” and Leviticus 19:3, “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.”
While Mother’s Day is a relative new holiday in modern history, versions of similar holidays have existed through the centuries. The Bible does not directly address the holiday of a Mother’s Day in its verses, but often addresses the celebration of motherhood and mothers, such as in the following passages. For our top picks of the best Mother’s Day Bible verses, look to the sections below.
The following Bible verses make perfect additions to any Mother’s Day card. Use them as is or add your own special message for a card your mother is sure to love. When your mom reads these thoughtful Bible verses, she will know that you took the time and effort in finding the best Bible verse possible to wish her the best Mother’s Day. The best Mother’s Day cards come with the great Mother’s Day gifts and make this Mother’s day extra special by getting a great gifts for mom.
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice.” – Proverbs 23:22-25
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23
Use these Mother’s Day quotes from the bible in conjunction with our Mother’s Day quotes for the perfect message to share with your Mom. These loving Mother’s Day messages are a great way to incorporate an extra special Bible verse into your Mother’s Day cards.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.’” – Proverbs 31:28-31
- “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.” – Leviticus 19:3
- “The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.” – Genesis 3:20
The following Bible Quotes about Mothers make excellent additions to flowers and chocolate. Or, if you want to make something special, add them to a Mother’s Day photo book gift. In addition to the Mother’s Day photo book, find more Mother’s Day gifts that you can fully customize for Mother’s Day.
- “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:25-28
- “And Mary said, ‘My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed.’” – Luke 1:46-48
- “A gracious woman gets honor…” – Proverbs 11:16
- “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
- “Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children…” – Deuteronomy 4:9
- “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.” – John 19:26-27
These Bible verses are all about Mother’s love. That means you can easily turn them into special cards to accompany your Mother’s Day gifts or to place on top of her breakfast in bed.
- “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.” – Isaiah 66:13
- “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.” – Luke 2:51
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Then the mother of the child said, ‘As the Lord lives and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.’ So he arose and followed her.” – 2 Kings 4:30
Resources Related to Mother’s Day Bible Verses
If you liked these Mother’s Day bible verses and religious quotes, you may be looking for additional Mother’s day resources. If so, make sure to check out our selection of personalized Gifts for Mom, Mother’s Day Gifts, and Gifts for Her.