Fourth of July, also known as Independence Day, is a national holiday widely known for fireworks, trips to the pool, and tasty BBQ! However, the history behind Fourth of July is a long one and it’s important to celebrate the true meaning behind Independence Day and pay homage to America’s quest for freedom. Amidst unforgettable parties and BBQ parties, you can showcase your patriotism this year by using your favorite Fourth of July quotes in your summer party invitations to make a statement. So before your pick out your celebratory red, white, and blue outfit, find a quote below to celebrate America’s birthday!
- Happy Fourth Of July Quotes
- Patriotic 4th Of July Quotes
- 4th Of July Quotes About Freedom
- Funny 4th Of July Quotes
Looking to wish someone a very happy fourth of July? Looking for the perfect 4th of July Instagram captions? Or are you just trying to find the right inspirational words to get you in the holiday spirit? If so, look below for some of our favorite happy Fourth of July quotes:
- “You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4th, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
- “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine
Patriotic Fourth of July quotes are perfect for showing your spirit! Quotes about liberty, unity, and pride are your best bet for honoring your country and showing appreciation for those who have passed away fighting for America’s freedom. Renew your patriotism with inspirational quotes that deeply show how much you love America. Whether short or long, these quotes serve as reminder of the original prestige and sentiment behind Fourth of July.
- “America is a tune. It must be sung together.” – Gerald Stanley Lee
- “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “My favorite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.” – Val Saintsburt
- “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Give me liberty or give me death!” – Patrick Henry
- “Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.” – James Bryce
America has a long political and emotional history with the virtue of freedom. You can use Fourth of July quotes about freedom to reflect on how far America has come while acknowledging the significance of Independence Day. These quotes are intuitive and great for acknowledging some of America’s greatest leaders, thinkers, and philosophers.
- “So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” – George Washington
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
- “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
If you’re hosting Fourth of July festivities for your friends this year or sending Independence Day cards, you can always opt for a funny Fourth of July quote! Recipients are sure to appreciate your sense of humor and sarcastic touch. These quotes are witty, memorable, and will make any reader laugh.
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” -Gloria Steinem
- “It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas.” -Stephen Colbert
- “When you’re born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat.” -George Carlin
- “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” -George Bernard Shaw
- “America’s a family. We all yell at each other, and it all works out.” -Louis C.K.
- “My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbour, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love.” -Yakov Smirnoff
- “Let’s not forget why we celebrate 4th of July, it is the day Will Smith saved us from the aliens.” -Unknown
- “Happy 4th of July! Drink until you see stars… and stripes!” -Unknown
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” -James G. Blaine
Resources Related to 4th Of July Quotes
Special quotes and messages are the perfect way to embrace your country’s history and even teach your loved ones a little about Independence Day. While pool parties and secret family recipes are showstoppers at any Fourth of July soiree, reminding guests and yourself about the hard-fought battle for America’s independence is just as important. Once you choose a quote or saying to include in your Fourth of July festivities, you can get the party started! And if you’re looking for related content to 4th of July quotes, make sure to visit the following: