Last Updated: Jan 6, 2017
Your iPhone has very limited space, and if you take a large amount of photos, you can quickly use up all your storage. If you’re looking for a way to clear up space on your phone, try transferring your photos to your computer or to a cloud storage service. These tips will help you import photos from iPhone to both a PC and a Mac.
Saving Photos to a Mac
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB device.
- If this is the first time you’ve connected your iPhone, a box may pop up on your iPhone asking if you trust this computer. Tap ‘Trust’ to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
- The Photos App will automatically open to the ‘Import’ page, where you’ll see all of the photos on your iPhone. If the Photos App does not automatically appear, go to ‘File’ and ‘Import’.
- Select which photos you want to import. Or, if you want to import all the photos on your phone, click ‘Import All New Photos.’
Saving Photos to a PC
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open Windows Live Photo Gallery.
- Click the ‘Home’ tab, and then choose ‘Import.’
- A box will appear showing all the photos on your iPhone. Select the ones you want to import, and click ‘Continue.’
- Another box will pop up asking if you want to change where your photos are imported to. Choose the destination want your photos to go to, and hit ‘Import.’
Saving Photos to Cloud Storage
- Choose a cloud storage service that offers an iOS app. Some of the most popular apps include Dropbox, Google Photos and Shutterfly.
- Download your chosen app from the iTunes Store. Create an account on the app.
- Allow the app to access your Camera Roll. You can then choose to have photos from your Camera Roll automatically uploaded to your app.
- To access your photos on your computer, go to your chosen cloud storage service’s website and login. You will then be able to see and organize all of your images.
Syncing iPhone with iTunes
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB drive.
- Open iTunes.
- Click the device icon in iTunes, found on the top-left corner of the screen.
- In the sidebar, click ‘Photos.’
- On the Photos page, click on the box next to ‘Sync Photos.’
- Choose if you want to sync all of your photos or only selected albums. Select which albums you want to sync, and click ‘Apply.’
If you’re running out of space on your iPhone, start saving your photos to your computer. When you download photos from iPhone to your Mac or PC, you’ll be able to easily save and organize all your images. Or, if you prefer to not save to a hard drive, Shutterfly provides an photo app that’ll automatically sync with your Photos app and upload your memories to an unlimited storage cloud service. You can then organize, tag and order prints from the tap of a button. You can even create and print photos and personalized products for your phone, our collection of custom iphone 7 plus cases and more leave the design options endless. It’s time to put those organized photos to use!