Long after the “I dos” are over, wedding photos will be the ultimate keepsake of your special day. They’ll be the time machine that transports you back; from the first look down the aisle, to the very last turn of the evening on the dance floor.
Some photographers offer albums for your most precious memories, but they can lack personalization. Why not preserve and share the story of your love with your own uniquely crafted wedding album? Imagine your children and grandchildren being able to experience the joy of your wedding day with a beautiful album uniquely made by you. Choosing a wedding book vs. wedding album can depend entirely on what your needs are.
When choosing a book format, thinking about how it will be used is critical. Will the book be displayed or stored? How often will people be turning the pages? If the book will be a key fixture on your coffee table, you may want to consider a gorgeous photo cover with seamless spreads. If it will be opened frequently, perhaps a leather cover will fit your needs.
Wedding Albums Vs. Wedding Books
To get inspired, gather your favorite digital wedding photos. These may include an assortment from your professional photographer as well as candids and selfies shot by some of your guests. Make sure each moment makes you smile! For some romantic and creative touches, explore our collection of heartfelt wedding quotes to add to your album.
There are two unique ways to preserve and display your photos:
Each option provides endless opportunities for customization—choose your own layouts, styles, cover and page finishes. We’ll help you navigate your choices below so you can pick the album that’s right for you.
Why they’re great: Photo books are extremely versatile. When creating one, the sky’s the limit. Every design aspect can be customized to your heart’s content. Photo books come in a variety of sizes, so they can be perfectly portable. If you want to share your wedding album with a lot of people without a lot of lugging, this option might be best for you. Consider making multiple copies, which could be great gifts for the family and friends who truly made your special day a little extra special!
Photo Book Features:
- Pages: Printed on standard paper, with a maximum of 111 pages. Upgrades to glossy, standard and deluxe layflat available.
- Book sizes: 7×9, 8×8, 8×11, 11×8, 10×10, 12×12, 11×14
- Cover: Standard Hard Cover. Upgrade options include matte, genuine leather, glossy, metallic, dust jackets and die-cut covers.
- Layout: Choose from a variety of styles and embellishments. Create your own personalized book or, with our “Make My Book” service, have an expert designer create a book just for you.
- Price: Starting at $29.99
Feeling inspired? Get started on your photo book here.
Professional Flush Mount Wedding Albums
Why they’re great: Professional Flush Mount Albums offer the quality of a professional photographer’s album at a price you’ll love. The pages are mounted on black boards and lay perfectly flat. This creates a seamless spread, allowing your photos to flow across pages with no interruption. You can choose upgrades (such as gilded edges and foiled printing) to create an a more elegant feel. This album is a work of art that will be valued and admired for years to come.
Flush Mount Album Features:
- Pages: Ultra thick and mounted on black boards, with a maximum of 70 pages. Upgrade your pages with silver or gold gilded edges for an opulent feel. Rounded page corners is another upgrade option that adds a modern edge to the album.
- Book sizes: 8×8, 8×11, 10×10, 12×12, 11×14
- Cover: Choose from an eco leather cover in 8 shades or a genuine leather cover. Upgrade to a photo cover or acrylic cover, which adds a luxurious glass-like feel. You also have the option of foil printing on the cover.
- Layout: An expert designer will create your album exactly the way you want before ordering.
- Price: Starting at $405.00
Itching to make your own? Create your own flush mount wedding album
Regardless of which option you choose, a wedding album or book is a great way to preserve your precious memories and create a keepsake that will last a lifetime. Shutterfly offers you a variety of personalized products tools to get as creative and personal as you’d like and plentiful upgrade and layout options ensures that you have a special book that will last for a lifetime.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on your wedding album or photo book and share the powerful, joyous story of your love and that most magical, precious day. If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your parents, this would make them smile and relive your happiest moments. Don’t forget to also choose from a variety of personalized products such as glass frames, photo cubes and wall prints to make your newlywed house a home.