Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018
The wedding invitations have to be out by Friday, you still need to confirm the bouquet arrangements with your florist, and to top it all off, your mom is complaining about not having a say in the dinner menu. It’s easy to get lost in the stressful moments of planning a wedding but, you should take it all in. More often than not, it’s the custom picked details that will help you enjoy the planning process and make the greatest impact on your big day.
You’ll want your big day to reflect who you are, what you love and most importantly you’ll want every detail to shine a spotlight on your unique love story. Revel in picking out the details that are particular to the two of you as a couple. If faith plays an important role in your relationship, the two of you should consider incorporating scripture or bible verses in the details of your wedding day. Use these wedding bible verses to express your love and highlight the faith at the center of your relationship.
Bible verses about love and marriage will give you the opportunity to express your emotions whether it’s through your invitations, your vows or the details of the ceremony. Scroll through our entire collection of scripture or quickly discover verses that best suit you:
- Bible Verses About Love
- Bible Verses About Relationships
- Bible Verses for Wedding Invitations
- Bible Verses for Wedding Cards
Wedding Bible Verses About Love
The bible provides wonderful verses about love. Take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on your relationship with Christ on your wedding day. Verses in scripture that relate to love will be the perfect way to reflect your devotion to not only each other but also, your faith.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4: 18-19
- Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12
- Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9
- A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17
- For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Wedding Bible Verses About Relationships
Honor your religious beliefs on this special day and lift the spirits of your wedding guests by incorporating a few bible verses about relationships. Whether it’s scripture that reminds you of your parents’ loving relationship or the kind of trust and kindness that resembles the two of you, letting your faith guide you in selecting wedding invitation wording can add a special touch to your big day.
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25
- However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33
- With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:2-3
- Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
- I thank my God every time I think of you. Philippians 1:3
- But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you. Ruth 1:16-17
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth. Genesis 1:27-28
- Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
- Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. Mark 10:9
- Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8
- Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised. Song of Solomon 8:6-7
- There are three things that amaze me—no, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman. Proverbs 30:18-19
- Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Ecclesiastes 4:9
Bible Verses for Wedding Invitations
Your wedding invitations will allow guests a look into what your big day will be all about. Send wedding guests an invitation that perfectly expresses your style. Take the opportunity to highlight your religious beliefs with fitting bibles verses for wedding invitations.
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10
- Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32
- I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine. Song of Solomon 2:16
- Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. Song of Solomon 8:7
- I have found the one whom my soul loves. Song of Solomon 3:4
- This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:12
- God has poured out his love into our hearts. Romans 5:5
- Love yesterday, today and forever. Jeremiah 31:3
- So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. Matthew 19:6
- I hold you in my heart, for we have shared together God’s blessings. Philippians 1:7
Bible Verses for Wedding Cards
Maybe you’re not planning the big day but, are invited to attend. If you’re unsure of what to write in a wedding card, you can personalize your message by honoring your faith if you and the couple-to-be share religious beliefs. Find a handful of bible verses for weddings below that will make your wedding card message unique.
- In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
- So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:16
- Through love serve one another. Galatians 5:13
- Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another. Romans 12:10
- So she became his wife, and he loved her. Genesis 24:64
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3
- A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created. Esther 4:14
- This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:12
- And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:14
Your wedding day resembles the special union of the two of you. Honor your religious beliefs by incorporating wedding scriptures in the big day details. You can celebrate your faith through different design elements and whether it’s as you read your vows or in your invitations, it will help you customize your wedding.
After your wedding day, you may even decide to carry your religious beliefs into the wedding thank you wording when sending out your wedding thank you cards. Don’t forget to follow proper etiquette when crafting your thank you cards. Your gracious words will go a long way in thanking your loved ones for being a part of your special day.