It can be difficult to decide which photos to include, but our wedding photo book ideas provide helpful tips that will make your album stand out. If you need inspiration or general layout ideas, you’ll find everything you need below.
Make Wedding Photo Books
Cherish memories of your special day with wedding albums & photo books
1. Select the wedding photos you can’t live withoutThere’s no rule on the type of photos you should incorporate into your book. The important thing to remember is you are designing a wedding album that will immortalize your special day. Choose significant photos that you’ll want to view 20 years from now to ensure your wedding photo book lasts as a high-quality keepsake item you flip through for years to come.
2. Design an enduring wedding photo album coverFor a wedding photo album cover that will stand the test of time, simplicity is key. When you customize your own photo book with Shutterfly, solid backgrounds or an enlarged photo are two classic album cover ideas. You can pair these modest backgrounds with a decorative title that makes a statement and serves as a nice finishing touch. You can even upgrade to leather covers to make sure your showcase your wedding day in a wow-worthy photo album.
3. Pick embellishments and fonts that showcase your personality as a coupleWhile you want to design a sophisticated wedding photo book, you don’t want every single page to be the same. One way to mix it up is by getting creative with the customization options such as templates, fonts, embellishments, and language that define you. Whether you include quotes or phrases in your album design, this is your chance to let your individuality as a couple shine.
4. Tell a story with your photosThey say a picture is worth a thousand words, and your wedding photo book tells your love story. The best wedding photo album is organized in a way that showcases the wedding’s narrative from beginning to end. You can accomplish this by choosing both formal and candid images that highlight unforgettable moments and raw emotions.
5. Match the number of photos to the scale of your weddingThis is a general rule of thumb that comes naturally in your selection process. If you have a small wedding with very few guests, you will have less variety with the people photographed. For a large wedding, there will be more photos with different guests and moments to feature. This can help you choose the right photo book size to showcase all of your best wedding memories.
6. Play with different sized images throughout your bookOne of the best wedding photo album ideas is to experiment with the size of the images. You don’t have to stick to a standard. Enlarged photos are a great option if you have a breathtaking moment that you want to blow people away with. They also help prevent clutter by breaking up collages.
Consider displaying your wedding photos in a layflat photo book made with high-quality paper. When you design layflat photo albums, it allows your photo book to lay flat 180 degrees, giving you a seamless and unmatched continuous visual experience to show off all of your favorite photos from your wedding day. Layflat albums make great coffee table books that your guests will love to flip through.