Getting your kids to write their thank you notes is often no easy task. Whether for a personalized gift for their birthday or a kind gesture, you want them to know the importance of gratitude. But how do you get the little one to finally sit down and write “thank you?” We’re here to help. Look to our wording guide and various templates for kids thank you notes below to help you get started. These templates are the first step to get your kids thank you cards into the mail quickly and painlessly.
Specific kids thank you cards can help guide your child and streamline the thank you note process. These thank you cards can match your themed birthday invitations or they can be something special that your child picked out all on their own. If your child has an idea of what they want to say, these fun kids specific thank you cards can help inspire them to start writing. If they need extra guidance, you can fill in a kids thank you note with one of the templates shown below. For specific advice on wording for kids thank you notes, follow the steps below.
Ready to start writing? Then follow the steps below to make sure the process goes smoothly as possible and your child doesn’t leave out anything important. Walking them slowly through these steps can also be a great lesson so they’ll be more confident with writing letters in the future. And if you’re looking for additional help after completing these steps, make sure to visit our resources on how to write messages for birthday wishes and how to write thank you notes to a teacher.
- Address the recipient with their proper name. Whether it’s “Mrs.,” Mr.,” “Ms.,” Miss,” or simply the first name of their friend, it’s important to practice the etiquette of proper titles.
- Start the letter with a greeting. Greeting may include “To,” “For,” “Dear,” or simply the name of the recipient.
- Start the letter by saying thank you. This is the important phrase for a thank you note so you don’t want to leave it off the letter.
- Describe what you’re thankful for. Call out the gift or service that they gave you. Tell them how that gift or service made you feel. Was it fun? Helpful? Cute? Be as descriptive as possible. Tell the recipient what you will use it for in the future.
- Use a sign off. Sign offs may include things like “Thanks again,” “Love,” or From,” depending on your relationship to the recipient.
- Sign your name. Do you best to make it as legible as possible.
- Have a parent help you fill out the envelope with an address, name, stamp, and return label before mailing them out.
Looking for specific templates to help your child write their thank you notes? Whether you’re looking for samples for your boy thank you cards, girl thank you cards, or teen thank you cards– we have you covered. Look for your perfect thank you note template for kids below:
Thank You Notes For Kid Birthday Party
Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday.
Having you there made me feel extra special.
I also appreciated the [gift they gave you].
I can’t wait to use it/play with it/wear it/enjoy it.
Hope to see you soon!
Thank you for coming to my party.
It made me feel happy/excited/loved/special. (Pick one)
It was so nice of you to give me [gift].
I can’t wait to play with it/use it/wear it. (Pick one)
Thank you so much for the [description of gift].
I think it’s [description of how it makes you feel and what you will do with it.]
Hope to see you again soon!
Thank you for the [Birthday Gift]!
It made me feel happy/excited/special!
I will use it when I [fill in the blank].
Thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday!
Thank you so much for the [gift]!
Even though you couldn’t make it to my party, you still helped me celebrate!
I can’t wait to use it/wear it/play with it!
Hope to see you soon!
General Children’s Thank You Notes
Thank you for the [gift or service].
I really liked it. It was so nice of you to think of me.
Thanks for making me feel special.
I wanted to say thank you for [gift or service].
It meant a lot to me that you thought of me while I was sad/sick/having a hard time. (Pick one)
You really know how to cheer me up.
Thank you very much for the [gift or service],
It was such a fun surprise!
I can’t wait to use it/wear it/play with it/ enjoy it! (Pick one)
You made my day!
Thank you for making my day!
I loved it when you [service].
It really helped me out!
I hope I can return the favor soon!
Thank you for making me feel so special when you gave me/ helped me [gift or service].
I really appreciate you thinking of me!
Hope you have a great day!
Resources Related To Template For Kids Thank You Notes
We hope you found this guide on kids thank you notes helpful and that it enables you to send out your child’s thank you’s with plenty of time to spare. And if you’re looking for additional resources related to kids thank you cards, check out our content below: