Looking for the right words to say thank you to your friends and loved ones after they have wished you well on your birthday? Birthday wishes from near and dear ones are what make our birthdays special – so if you want to ensure that they are appreciated from the bottom of your heart, we found some creative ways to thank everyone for their birthday wishes. Whether it’s through a text, Facebook status, or personalized card, a word of gratitude will go a long way in returning some of that love back! The following thank you messages for birthday wishes will make it easier for you to strike a chord closer to heart!
You want to tell everyone how much you appreciate these sentiments, but you’re not exactly sure how to write thank you messages for birthday wishes. A good rule of thumb is to respond on the same platform that people sent you wishes on. For example, if people wish you happy birthday messages on Facebook, it is appropriate to post a status thanking all of your friends for the wishes. If people text you directly, it would make sense to respond individually over text.
Jump to a specific section to answer your question:
- Birthday Thank You Card Wording
- How Long Should Your Message Be?
- When Should You Send Thank You Notes?
- Thank You Text vs. Thank You Card
- Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes on Facebook
- Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes Over Text
- Thank You Messages for Family and Friends
- Thank You Messages for Coworkers
- Thank You Messages on Behalf of a Child
Thanking someone for birthday wishes with a thank you card is a lot easier said than done. There are certain things that you should be sure to include when thanking someone for either a gift or for their good wishes.
- Say thank you from the beginning.
- If you are given a gift, you should mention that.
- If you are not given a gift and they just wished you happy birthday, say thank you for the wishes.
- Tell them how it impacts you. For example “this wish made my day” or “it made me feel so loved”.
- If you are writing the card sign your name.
Something to also keep in mind is that if you are sending a letter, handwrite the thank you. Not only does it make it seem more personal, but it also shows how much you really appreciate the wishes.
Sometimes people feel the need to give a long thank you when receiving birthday wishes. However, it is best to keep thank you messages short and sweet. Keep them simple, especially if the messages is going to be a status on Facebook or a text to someone. If you are thanking someone for a gift, the message may be a little longer. If not, keep it short and to the point.
There is no exact time that you should send thank you notes by. However, it is common etiquette to send them as soon as possible. Try not to wait too long from when you received the wish. While receiving a thank you late is better than not ever receiving one, you should still aim to send them in a reasonable amount of time. With technology, it is easy to quickly thank a large amount of people. If you are given a gift, try to send out thank you notes within a week of receiving the gift.
While there are some instances where you would be on the fence about sending a thank you, it is normally expected to send a thank you for birthday wishes. If you see someone in person and they wish you happy birthday, it would make sense to thank them in person and not have to contact them again about it later.
Normally for gifts, it is expected that you send a card. However, for wishes, it is okay to send a text. If you want to send a card to people that wish you happy birthday, that is also totally acceptable! A physical thank you note is special and it will be appreciated no matter what. You can also use a template if you need further help with a physical note.
- I am so appreciative of all of the birthday wishes given to me on Facebook. You all are truly amazing!
- My birthday was made complete by birthday wishes from all of my Facebook friends. Thank you!
- Waking up to birthday wishes on my Facebook put a smile on my face. Thank you all so much for the love.
- I felt so loved receiving all of the Facebook birthday wishes. You are all the greatest. Thank you!
- Thank you all for the love and birthday wishes! Seeing the Facebook notifications brightened my day.
- Thank you for the Facebook messages and posts for my birthday! They are all very appreciated and absolutely made my day.
- Waking up to all of the Facebook birthday wishes had me smiling for the rest of the day. Thank you all for the love!
- Thank you so much for all over the birthday texts! I am truly grateful to have you in my life.
- Waking up to birthday texts made my heart so full. Thank you so much!
- I am so grateful to have people that will text me happy birthday. You truly made my day!
- Thank you for the birthday text! Knowing you thought of today makes me so happy.
- I love all of the texts I received wishing me happy birthday. Thank you all for thinking of me.
- Thank you to everyone that texted me happy birthday! You are the best.
- I feel so loved receiving texts for my birthday. Thank you all for the love and wishes!
- Thank you so much to my family and friends for showering me in love on my birthday. I am so appreciative of you all.
- The birthday wishes from my family and friends makes me feel so much gratitude. You all made my big day so special.
- You brought me so much joy on my special day. Thank you so much for being such an important part of my life.
- I am forever grateful for all of my family and friends. You are what makes my birthday so special. Thank you!
- No matter what birthday it is, I can always count on my family and friends for birthday wishes. Thank you so much.
- My family and friends never cease to impress me. Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes they mean the world to me.
- Another year older, another year with amazing family and friends. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes.
- Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I am so happy to have met such a great friend through work.
- Thank you to all of my coworkers for the birthday wishes. You guys make my workdays that much brighter.
- I love all of the birthday wishes I got from my coworkers. Thank you all so much for thinking of me.
- Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I have the best coworkers I could have asked for.
- Seeing the birthday wishes from my coworkers has made me so happy. Thank you.
- I am so happy to have such thoughtful coworkers. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
- The birthday wishes from my coworkers reminds me just how lucky I am. Thank you so much for brightening my day.
After the birthday invitations come the birthday thank you cards! If it is a gift on behalf of the child make sure that if they are old enough to write they sign the card even if you write it. Mention how much your child appreciates the specific gift. If it is birthday wishes you can use the following messages and fill the blank in with the child’s name.
- Thank you so much for wishing _____ a Happy Birthday! I appreciate the love to my child from all of you.
- ______ appreciates all of the birthday wishes. It is so nice knowing how much love you all have for my child. Thank you!
- You all made ____ ‘s birthday so special. Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
- I am overjoyed with the amount of birthday wishes for my child. Thank you all so much.
- It is so nice knowing how much love you all have for my child. The birthday wishes for (him/her) are very appreciated.
- Thank you all for the birthday wishes to ____. They are all very appreciated.
- A huge thanks to everyone that wished ____ a happy birthday! I am so happy to have friends and family that send my child so much love.
Whether you are writing a thank you card or texting your thank you for birthday wishes, make sure you include how grateful you are. Try to do it within a timely manner and keep it concise. You can even write your thanks in a custom thank you card. Either way, your friends, family, and anyone else in your life will greatly appreciate the thanks.