Design Graduation Cards
Celebrate with grad announcements, invites, and thank you cards
Photo Graduation Party Invite IdeasReady to begin putting together your photo graduation party invitations? First, spend some time deciding on your theme. You can go for invites that feature a classic illustration of a tassel or a cap and gown, or you can choose an invite that has a bright silver or gold confetti background. Look for invites with a theme that fits your style.
For the colors, consider using the colors of your alma mater or your new college if you’re graduating high school. When you’re choosing a font, make sure that it contrasts well with your background color. That way, your guests will be able to easily see all your party details. Picking an invitation with a unique color scheme and theme will help your invite stand out from the crowd. If you’d like to add another personal touch, try using graduation stationery or gifts featuring a monogram.
Here are some ideas for choosing photos for your invites. These tips will help you with everything from deciding when to take your photos to the number of photos you’ll include.
When to Book PhotoshootIf you’re having a professional photoshoot for your grad photos, try to book the shoot about two to three months before graduation. This will give you plenty of time to get the photo prints back and choose the right ones for your invites.
Use a Mixture of Formal and Candid PhotosConsider including a mixture of formal and candid photos. Include both photos of you in your cap and gown, and also some photos where you’re wearing one of your favorite outfits.
Include Your HobbiesGet creative with your grad invitation photos, and try including some of your favorite hobbies. For instance, if you play soccer, you could wear your uniform and hold a soccer ball in one of your photos.
Have Fun With Your Grad PhotosHave fun while you’re taking your graduation photos—laugh, smile, and jump around. Graduating is a huge achievement, and so feel free to show your excitement in your pictures.
Try heading outdoors for your grad photos. If you live near a beach, take some photos in the sand. Or, you could use a nearby field or forest as your background.
Include Childhood PhotosConsider pairing your grad photos with photos of you growing up. For example, you could include photos of you graduating from kindergarten and middle school.
Take Extra PhotosTake lots of photos during your photoshoot so you have plenty of choices. You can also use these photos in your invites, graduation announcements, graduation photo book, and on graduation gifts.
When To Send Out Graduation Party InvitationsYour photos are all finished, and now, you’re ready to begin adding your party details to your invites. There are a few details you’ll want to include on your graduation invitations to ensure that your party goes off without a hitch.
Here’s everything you need to know about when to send your invites and what to include on the grad cards:
- Send out your invitations about four to six weeks before the party. This will give guests plenty of time to RSVP. Plus, if guests are traveling in for the party, they’ll have time to put together their travel arrangements.
- Include all of the details about your party on the invite. This includes the date and time of the party, the location and address and the RSVP details. You can also consider including a graduation quote.
- Include an RSVP reply card with your invitations. Or, you can ask your guests to reply by phone or email. If you choose to have your guests RSVP by reply card, include a return address. Let your guests know what date they should RSVP by, and let them know if they should RSVP to the grad’s parents or the grad themselves.
- Include your graduation year and your high school or college name on the invite. If you’re celebrating college graduation, it’s also traditional to include your degree.
- Account for guests who can’t attend. If a guest can’t attend, they may still want to send a DIY graduation gift, a card, or a personalized gift. Because of that, be sure to include your return address on the invite. If a loved one does send a graduation gift, make sure to send them a thank you card after the party.
Graduation Party Invitation WordingThe final step to putting together your graduation invitations is deciding on your wording. Try to choose a phrase or message that fits the theme of your party. If you’re having a formal party, you’ll want to use more formal wording. Or, if you’re having a backyard barbeque, you might choose to use more casual wording.
To help you get started, here are some wording ideas:
- He/she did it! We’re so proud to announce that [name] has graduated. Please join us at [location] to celebrate his/her achievements.
- The tassel was worth the hassle! We’re hosting a graduation party to celebrate our son/daughter’s achievements.
- All the hard work has paid off—[name] is graduating! To celebrate, we’re hosting a party, and we’d love to have you there.
- Our beloved son/daughter has graduated, and we’d love for you to join us at a party in their honor.
- [Name] threw their cap in the air, and now, we’re throwing a party to celebrate!
- School’s out forever, and now, it’s time to party! Put your pencils down and join us at [name’s] graduation party.
- Before [name] goes off on their next adventure, we’re throwing a party in their honor.
- After countless papers, exams, and all-nighters, our son/daughter is graduating from college! Come commemorate this milestone with us.
- [Name] has graduated and we’re so glad, now lets all toast the grad!
Final Thoughts on Graduation Party InvitationsWhether you’re wondering how to choose photos for your invites, when to send out your invites or how to word your invites, there are tips here for you. In no time, you’ll be finished with your invites, and you’ll be able to move on to putting together fun graduation party ideas.
Graduating is a big achievement, and every big achievement deserves a party. Check out graduation invitations and find the invites that perfectly fit your unique party. Once you’ve picked out your invitations, you can begin looking for graduation announcements and decorations for your fun party.