If you’re unsure of what to write, continue reading below to discover some of the best quotes and messages you can include in your Easter card. Ranging from religious to non-religious sayings, inspirational and funny, we have all the right sayings perfect to suit any occasion and relationship you have with your recipient.
Shop Easter Cards & Gifts
Personalize cute Easter cards and gifts for family and friends
When Is Easter?Easter is a religious holiday that always has a different date each year. Easter is usually celebrated in the season of spring on a certain Sunday of the year and commemorates the resurrection of Christ. Easter is determined by the first full moon of the spring equinox, called the Paschal full moon. It comes after Good Friday and Ash Wednesday. This year, Easter is celebrated globally on Sunday, April 9th, 2023.
How to Make Easter CardsMaking customized Easter cards is fun and easy with Shutterfly. Just simply follow these five steps to create a memorable Easter card this year.
- Start by browsing the wide variety of card templates Shutterfly has to offer. Choose a card template that best represents you and your family’s style. At this stage, it’s also important to think about the Easter message you want to give to your card recipients. Choose between fun and festive Easter cards or a more traditional religious Easter card.
- Choose the photos you want to add to your customized Easter card. Browse through your family photos and between family photos and individual photos you’ve taken and organize them into your beautiful Easter card. Start by arranging your photos in different areas on the card to see which photos work best where.
- Add any additional Easter messages you want to convey to your Easter card recipients. Whether you include a simple spring Easter message or an inspirational Easter message, your card recipients will love that you added an extra touch to your Easter cards this year. If you plan to include pictures of your kids on your Easter card, this would also be a good time to include their names and ages on the Easter card. This will allow your card recipients to watch your kids change over the seasons.
- Once you finish customizing your Easter card, you will have the option to design your Easter card envelope. At this time you can opt to use Shutterfly’s Address Book Service that will help you address, stuff and send your cards, for a small fee. This is a great option for families who want to get their cards out to their card recipients as soon as it’s off the press. If you’d like to add a personal handwritten message to your Easter cards, you can also opt to have your cards sent to your doorstep and send them yourself personally.
- Finally, now your personalized Easter card is complete. After all the final checks and finishing touches, click add to cart. Don’t forget to explore all the other fun and personalized Easter gifts Shutterfly has to offer before checkout.
When to Send Easter CardsThe best time to send out your personalized Easter cards is roughly 2-3 weeks before Easter Sunday. That way your Easter cards will arrive to your card recipients roughly around or on the actual holiday. The best rule of thumb is to send the cards earlier rather than later, that way your card recipients can enjoy the card and your special Easter message for as long as possible before Easter is over.
Best Easter Sayings For CardsNeed help with writing the best Easter sayings for your Easter cards? Look no further than our list of 50+ Easter messages perfect for any Easter card. These quotes and messages will add a sentimental touch to any of our custom Easter cards you choose. Our list includes messages that are non-religious Easter messages, religious Easter messages, Spring Easter messages, inspirational Easter messages, and funny Easter messages. Include one of these Easter quotes and messages for your Easter card this year.
Non-Religious Easter MessagesNon-religious Easter messages are perfect for those who celebrate the Easter holiday without doing the religious aspects associated with Easter. Including a special non-religious Easter message to your Easter card this year will let your loved ones know that you are wishing them a Happy Easter. Use these special non-religious quotes and messages to include on your personalized Easter card this year.
- Happy Easter!
- “The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul.” – Victor Hugo
- “A flower blossoms for its own joy.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “Besides eggs, I hope you find yourself enjoying the holiday.” – Unknown
- “I have one wish for this year. That’s for you to have a Happy Easter!” – Unknown
- “I just wanted to let you know I’m feeling blessed this Easter. That’s partially because of how much you mean to me.”- Unknown
- “Easter is about miracles. It will be a miracle if everything goes well this year. Good thing Easter is also about hope!” – Unknown
- “Happy Sunday! And happy anything else that might need to be celebrated today.” – Unknown
Religious Easter MessagesFor many, Easter is an important and sacred time of the year. It’s a time where many people think about all they’ve done in life and start to recommit to their core beliefs. Let your card recipients know that you are with them during this special time with a religious Easter quote or messages on your religious Easter card. These messages will shed light on the importance of the holiday and share your thoughts and well wishes.
- “God is love and he has defeated evil” – Pope Francis
- “The resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed.” – John 22:29
- “Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sign, ye heavens and earth reply.” – Charles Wesley
- “By grace, we are saved through faith.” – Kevin DeYoung
- “He knows the way because He is the way.” – Jeffery R. Holland
- “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen
- “We Proclaim the resurrection of Christ when his light illuminates the dark moments of our existence.” – Pope Francis
- “He is risen.” – Matthew 28:6
- “The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day He created spring.” – Bernard Williams
- “People come together with their families to celebrate Easter. What better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours going on the journey of Christ’s life.” – Roma Downey
Spring Easter MessagesAs the warm spring months are upon us, send a delightful spring message on your customized Easter card. Spring is a time where birds are chirping and flowers are blooming, let your friends and family know how much this season means to you. Send your spring well wishes on your spring Easter card this year along with these great spring Easter messages.
- “Sprint adds new life and new joy to all that is.” – Jessica Harrelson
- “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
- “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “That is one good thing about this world… there are always sure to be more springs” – L.M Montgomery
- “The deep roots never doubt spring will come.” – Marty Rubin
- “Spring is when life’s alive in everything.” – Spring is when life’s alive in everything.” – Christina Rossetti
- “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
- “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” – William Shakespeare
- “No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.” – Proverb
Inspirational Easter MessagesWe all need a bit of inspiration throughout our day, and these inspirational Easter messages are a perfect reminder of our worth. Including these inspirational Easter messages on all your custom Easter cards will let your family and friends know that you are supporting them even though it’s from a far. Adding a little bit of encouragement to someone’s day will make them feel appreciated and loved during this Easter holiday.
- “The Easter egg symbolizes our ability to break out of the hardened, protective shell we’ve surrounded ourselves with…” – Siobhan Shaw
- “Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.” – Charles M. Crowe
- “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” – Robert Flatt
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
- “Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.” – Floyd W. Tomkins
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” – S.D Gordon
- “Today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced.” – Jeffrey R. Holland
- “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” – Janine di Giovanni
- “Easter is very important to me, it’s a second chance.” – Reba McEntire
Funny Easter MessagesTake a light hearted approach to your Easter messages with adding a little bit of creativity and laughter. Adding a funny Easter message will let your card recipients know you are wishing them a Happy Easter with a smile and a hug. These perfect funny Easter messages will be the cherry on top for any festive Easter card.
- “Just wishing you ‘Happy Easter’ from a safe distance” – Unknown
- “The Easter bunny brings happiness and excitement for all to enjoy. Hope you have a Happy Easter” – Unknown
- “Stand up and cheer, for Easter is here. Happy Easter!” – Unknown
- “I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and true love. Don’t even try to tell me different.” – Dolly Parton
- “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket.” – Evan Esar
- “My mom used to say that Greek Easter was later because then you get stuff cheaper.” – Amy Sedaris
- “If you see a rabbit laying little brown eggs, don’t eat ‘em. It’s not chocolate.” – Unknown
- “Somebunny loves you.” – Unknown
- “I’ve hidden all the Easter candy for the kids inside my stomach.” – Unknown
- “Easter is about sharing love, and maybe a little chocolate too. Happy Easter!” – Unknown
Cute & Witty Easter MessagesWhether you’re writing a message to your children both young and old, or your significant other, we have all the cute sayings to make them laugh and bring a smile to their face. Choose from one of these clever quotes below to brighten their day this Easter.
- “Bunny Kisses & Easter Wishes.” – Unknown
- “Have a cracking Easter! Hope it’s an eggs-traordinary day.” – Unknown
- “Hoppy Easter to some-bunny special.” – Unknown
- “The best Easter is one spent with your Peeps.” – Unknown
- “There’s truly no bunny like you.” – Unknown
- “Some-bunny needs some chocolate.” – Unknown
- “Ears hoping you have a very hoppy Easter!” – Unknown
- “Here’s to sunshine, chocolate, and springtime.” – Unknown
- “Way too egg-cited about this holiday.” – Unknown
- “How old is too old to participate in the egg hunt? Asking for a friend.” – Unknown