Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018
When you’re unable to think of the perfect words to say, just know you’re not alone. Maybe you’re trying to customize your baby shower decorations or maybe you’d like fancy up your baby shower card. No matter what the reason may be as to why you are on the lookout for baby shower quotes, these genuine additions will help you put your emotions on paper.
When you’re at a loss for words, remember that there’s nothing wrong with calling on the experts for a little support. Whether it be the author of a children’s book that you cherish close to your heart or a noteworthy hero who’s good with words, you are sure to find the the perfect and most fitting baby shower quotes for all of your baby related needs.
Make your card special, make your card encouraging and most importantly make it yours. Find the most thoughtful and uplifting words to help you say everything you’re feeling in awe of this little one’s arrival. These short baby shower quotes are the ideal addition to any baby shower congratulations. You can use each greeting by itself or combine one of the charming sentiments with some of your own to create a longer baby shower card message.
Jump to a specific kind of quote:
- Cute Baby Shower Quotes
- Funny Baby Shower Quotes
- Dr Seuss Baby Shower Quotes
- Baby Shower Quotes for Girls
- Baby Shower Quotes for Boys
Cute Baby Shower Quotes
Most baby shower messages and wishes are addressed to mother of the baby, but it is also an adorable idea for you to leave a special note for the baby-to-be. Cue the oh’s and ah’s. Amidst all of the chaos that the honoree may be going through, you can help relieve some of her pre-mommy stress with some kind and thoughtful words. Opt for cutting a snippet from your favorite children’s song or use these charming rhymes for words that will not only roll off the tongue but leave a smile as well.
- “Remember baby, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.”
2. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
3. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.“-Tina Brown
4. “Someone special, someone dear, someone new to love is here.”
5. “9 month forecast: a ‘shower’ followed by a sunny baby.”
6. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”-Eda J. Le Shan
7. “When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you.”
8. “Twinkle Twinkle little star can’t wait to see how cute you are.”
9. “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.”-Barretto
Funny Baby Shower Quotes
Some people are unsure as to how they should approach wishes for parents of a baby-to-be on the day of a baby shower. A lonesome ‘Congratulations’ may not feel impressive enough and statements like ‘We’re so happy for you’ just seem downright obvious. Don’t be afraid to get quirky when creating your greeting and handpick one of these amusing quotes for a baby shower. You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine and these funny baby shower quotes are just what the doctor ordered. Show off your witty side with these baby quotes.
10. “Here comes trouble!”
11. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.”-Leo Burke
12. “When your first baby drops her pacifier you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog, “Fetch!”-Bruce Lansky
13. “A baby’s an inestimable blessing and bother.”-Mark Twain
14. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought-and more wonderful.”-Charles Osgood
15. “What is home without children? Quiet.”-Henny Youngman
16. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws. I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby and I can go out.”-Matthew Broderick
17. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”-Elizabeth Stone
18. “The worst feature of a new baby is its mother’s singing.”-Kin Hubbard
Dr Seuss Baby Shower Quotes
The Cat in The Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, One fish two fish red fish blue fish. Correct indeed, up next are some ever adorable Dr Seuss baby shower quotes. This American writer is best known for authoring children’s books that delight all. This sure isn’t going to be the first time, nor the last time that this mother-to-be will hear from the iconic Dr Seuss. These true-to-life quotes and excerpts can touch on the journey of parenthood in such a special way.
19. “From there to here from here to there, baby things are everywhere!”-Dr Seuss
20. “Wherever you fly you’ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go you will top all the rest.”-Dr Seuss
21. “Today you are you, that’s truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!”-Dr Seuss
22. “And will you succeed? Yes indeed. 98 3/4 percent guaranteed.”-Dr Seuss
23. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.”-Dr Seuss
24. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”-Dr Seuss
25. “You have the brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.”-Dr Seuss
26. “Only you can control your future.” -Dr Seuss
27. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting so get on your way.”-Dr Seuss
28. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”-Dr Seuss
29. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try.”-Dr Seuss
30. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”-Dr Seuss
31. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”-Dr Seuss
32. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out.”-Dr Seuss
33. “Oh the places you’ll go.”-Dr Seuss
Baby Shower Quotes for Girls
It’s pink frills and princess stories. It’s satin ribbons and delicate tutu’s. It’s having a pink bundle of joy. It’s a little girl!
If you’re attending a baby shower for a little girl then these quotes are just what you’ve been looking for to make your card unique. Offer advice for mom or shine some light on the joys that come with taking home a little one wrapped in pink. These baby shower quotes for girls present the experiences of having and raising a beautiful baby girl. Baby shower quotes are the perfect way to give mommy and daddy wisdom and are often printed on the cutest of greeting cards.
34. “A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) often than anyone else in the world. She can jitter around, and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves, yet just when you open your mouth she stands there demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is innocence playing in the mud, beauty standing on its head, and motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.”-Alan Marshall Beck
35. “Like mother, like daughter.”-Proverb
36. “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.”-Joseph Addison
37. “One touch is worth ten thousand words.”-Harold Bloomfield
38. “Such a big miracle in such a little girl.”-Anonymous
39. “Pretty dresses and little curls. Oh, thank heavens for little girls.”
40. “Sugar and spice and everything nice. That’s what little girls are made of.”
41. “A baby is a blessing. A gift from heaven above, a precious little angel to cherish and to love.”
42. “Little girls bring such delight with hearts so warm and smiles so bright.”
Baby Shower Quotes for Boys
The fact of the matter is that your greeting for the blue bundle of joy may confirm that boys will be boys or it may offer some advice for mom and dad. There are many advantages to knowing the gender of the baby before childbirth. Baby shower guests can partake in the joys of picking out tiny gender specific outfits, newborn toys and adorable shower cards fit for a baby boy or girl. Let mom know that the adventure, mess and endless love is just beginning with these baby shower quotes for boys.
43. “Boys are found everywhere — on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to.”-Alan Marshall Beck
44. “Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and heaven protects them. A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.”-Anonymous
45. “Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky.”-Fran Lebowitz
46. “What are little boys made of? Frogs and snails, and puppy dog tails, that’s what little boys, are made of.”-Anonymous
47. “To be in your child’s memories tomorrow, be in his life today.”-Anonymous
48. “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.”-Maya Angelou
49. “A boy is a magical creature you can lock him out of your workshop, but you can’t lock him out of your heart. You can get him out of your study, but you can’t get him out of your mind. Might as well give up he is your captor, your jailor, your boss and your master a freckled-faced, pint-sized, cat-chasing bundle of noise. But when you come home at night with only the shattered pieces of your hopes and dreams, he can mend them like new with two magic words Hi, Mom!”-Alan Marshall Beck
50. “Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable.”-Plato
It doesn’t matter if it’s her first or her seventh, bringing a new tiny tot into this world is an experience for mom unlike any other. There’s just something about a miniature human being that pulls at the heartstrings. Make mom’s smile just a little brighter on the day of her baby shower with one of these quotes for a baby shower card. The best gift is one of thoughtful words.