Last Updated: Sep 27, 2018
A baby shower is a special time to celebrate one of life’s greatest milestones with mom-to-be and her closest friends and family. There’s a reason this special celebration takes the title “baby shower.” The mom-to-be should feel a downpour of love and support. Whether in the form of baby shower gifts or thoughtful well wishes and baby shower messages, it’s the small gestures that go a long way. And we’re here to help you understand what to write in a baby shower card so that she feels the love.
- What To Say In A Baby Shower Card
- Address Your Baby Shower Card
- Baby Shower Wishes: Write A Heartfelt Baby Shower Card Message
- Baby Shower Messages: Classic Baby Shower Card Wording
- What to Write in a Baby Card: Funny Baby Shower Card Wording
- Write A Message For Baby
- Sign Off Your Baby Shower Card
- When Giving A Baby Shower Book Instead Of Card: What To Write Inside
Baby shower card sentiments come in all shapes and sizes and all styles and phrases. In any fashion, putting the pen to paper on a baby shower card is no easy task. What’s why we’ve made this guide on drafting the most fitting wishes for baby and mom. It’ll guarantee you a spot on the welcoming committee. Depending on your relationship with mommy-to-be and your personal writing style, what you write in a baby shower card will vary from shower to shower. Explore our variety of baby shower wishes and baby shower etiquette to make sure you say it and say it sweetly.
When it comes to writing your baby shower card, begin your efforts with the introduction before you write a heartfelt message, send well wishes, and sign off. As you sit down and begin to think about what to write in a card for a baby shower, the first step is to think about your relationship to the guest of honor.
If you’re close to mom-to-be, then your salutation will be less formal and most likely begin with the mother’s first name. If the particular baby shower theme or celebration is more on the formal side, then you should go ahead and begin your greeting to mirror that particular style by using the guest of honor’s full name on the card.
It’s also common for couples to throw a couples baby shower. If this is the case, address the baby shower card by writing both the mother and the father’s names on your new baby card. It’s most important to consider how you would address the recipient when you talk to her or him. Most personal letters or cards use the salutation “Dear” followed by a comma.
Select the best baby shower card introduction for this special occasion. Here are three options:
- Dear (Mother’s First Name),
- To (Mother’s First Name),
- Dear (Mother’s Full Name),
- Dear (Mother and Father’s Names),
Although this is only the beginning of your shower greeting, it’s important that you always start off on the right foot. If you need more help with addressing your card, refer to our guide on how to address a baby shower card to complete your introduction.
Baby Shower Wishes: Write A Heartfelt Baby Shower Card Message
The body of your baby shower card is where the magic happens. This section in your card is your chance to bring something personal to the card that will melt mom and dad’s hearts. Think about a personal story or inside joke that you share with the two of them and add it here. They won’t be able to help but swoon while reading your sentiment congratulating and anticipating their little one’s debut. These personalized wishes are the ones that seem to be the most treasured. Pick something from the list below in addition to your personalized story and keep in mind that the best wishes are the ones that come from the heart. This inspiration should get you started.
- Many best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy and the birth of your little bundle of love.
- Everyday is a new adventure. Enjoy the ride.
- A child enters your life and fills a special place in your heart. A place you never knew was empty. Congratulations!
- Being a parent is the highest paid job in the world since the payment is in pure love. Congratulations to two of the best parents the world could ever hope for.
- Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses and so much more. Congrats on your tiny little teacher.
- The magic of motherhood is on it’s way. Enjoy all these special moments!
- I’m so excited for the two of you to be parents. I wish nothing but happiness and success for you both.
To help you make it easy to show your gratitude for the star of the show at her baby-welcoming ceremony, use these classic sentiments to give your wishes a touch of tradition.
- Congratulations and all the best on the upcoming arrival of your little one. You two deserve all the best.
- We are so excited for you. Your lift will never be the same. Have fun and enjoy your little bundle of joy.
- A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten and the future worth living for. Congratulations.
- Congratulations on the bun in the oven. We are beyond overjoyed and can’t wait to meet him/her.
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. Get ready to feel a love like never before. We love you so much and know you’re going to be the best mom this world has seen.
- Enjoy every minute. They go by too fast!
- Enjoy your journey into parenthood and have fun! We are wishing the best for you three in the coming months.
- Wishing all the best to you and your precious baby.
- Congratulations on adding a new member to the family!
- We can’t wait to meet this littlest arrival. All our love.
If you’re more on the light-hearted side when it comes to wishing well, don’t hesitate to show your personality and write a funny message in your baby shower card. Your card for this huge life changing event is sure to be memorable and leave mom-to-be smiling from ear to ear. In fact, with everything going on in her life she will probably appreciate a good laugh. Use our funny baby shower card wishes to guide your writing.
- Hello, Baby! Goodbye, Sleep!
- Little Hands, Little Feet and A Little Trouble are all on the way. Congratulations!
- When you’re choosing names for your baby, don’t forget about the important people in your life, like me.
- Some call them little bundles of joy. They’re also little bundles of diapers, tantrums, and sleep deprivation! Good thing they’re little bundles of love too. Congratulations on your greatest love yet.
- Babies are like a math equation. They’re an addition to the household, they subtract your time you use to sleep, and they divide you patience in half! Good thing they add a whole lot of love. Congrats!
- Here’s to 18 years of pulling out your hair, putting out fires and fixing scraped knees. Here’s to babysitters!
- Sleep is overrated, babies are not! Especially your new bundle of love. Enjoy!
After the pregnancy, the shower and a few years down the road, it can be fun for parents to look back on their shower wishes with their kids and especially so if there’s a wish for the little one included too. When drafting your personal baby shower message to baby think about the qualities that you admire most in the little one’s mom and dad and let those guide your sweet wishes for him or her. Mom and dad are sure to be flattered and will love sharing these wishes with the little one.
- I’m sure you’ll have your mama’s smile. You know, the one that can light up any room she walks into. I can’t wait to meet you soon little one, you should see how excited your parents are.
- I hope that you sleep early and long. Praying you aren’t afraid to show you feelings and that you get a sense of humor just like your dad’s.
- I hope you grow to be kind and helpful. I hope you respect everyone and I hope you never forget what your parents teach you. They’re some smart cookies.
- I’m so looking forward to all the hikes through the woods and the bike rides along the beach that are sure to come. Welcome to the world little one!
- Welcome, welcome littlest one! I can’t wait to get to know you and watch you grow up alongside the wonderful family you’ve been brought into.
Once you finish writing your baby card message, it’s time to sign off your card. Picking out a sincere closing is all that’s left to finalize your baby shower greeting. When signing off it’s important again to think about your relationship with mom-to-be and baby. Whichever sentiment seems most appropriate for your relationship is going to be the main factor in determining how you’ll close your baby shower card. If ‘love’ seems too simple or not fitting for your relationship with the mom-to-be, don’t settle for that closing and find a closing that works best for you.
- All the Best,
- Lots of Love,
- Hugs & Kisses,
- Love Always,
- All my love,
- With Love,
- Your Friend,
- See You soon,
- Wishing You Well,
In recent years it’s become much more common to request baby books in lieu of baby shower cards. In it, guests are expected to write their message of congratulations on the inside sleeve or cover page. For the most part, these notes will resemble the messaging advice above. However. These kinds of gifts make great opportunities for more specific messages. Some examples include:
- Welcome to the world, little one! Here’s a story that I keep in my heart always. I hope you love it just as much.
- Hello sweet little thing! Here’s a goodnight story to remind you of me even when I’m not there.
- Little one, this story is an incredible tale of adventure, joy, and new friends. I hope you get as much out of it as I did.
After Writing Your Baby Shower Card Or Message:
Once you’ve drafted the perfect new baby wishes and congratulations to the parents and their plus one, the next part is easy. It’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy all of the baby shower fun to be had. Rest assured that your personal baby shower greetings will melt the recipient’s heart. If you’re looking for more ideas to elevate your baby card to the next level, take a peek at these baby shower wishes and also these cute baby shower quotes for cards to complete your card.