There is nothing quite as exciting as waiting for the arrival of a new baby. As the due date gets closer and closer, you’ll look for every way to announce, pamper and welcome this new boy or girl into your community. We’ve compiled a list of inspirational quotes and sayings about babies, these phrases are perfect for birth announcements, baby shower invitations and personalized baby gifts.
Whether you’re about to attend a baby shower, gender reveal party, or welcome a new baby of your own, these inspirational baby quotes speak of the unmatchable beauty of parenthood, the wonder and curiosity of young children and the hilarious moments in between.
Cute Baby Quotes
These sweet baby quotes are sure to tug on some heartstrings. Each one could work as excellent baby-on-the-way quote and for keepsakes and photo albums that will be cherished for years to come.
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” —Elizabeth Stone
- “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” —Hodding Carter Jr.
- “Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world. They deserve to shine!” —Chinonye J. Chidolue
- For all the things my hands have held the best by far is you.
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” —Tina Brown
- “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” —Jared Padalecki
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” —Benjamin Spock
- “It’s a good thing babies don’t give you a lot of time to think. You fall in love with them and when you realize how much they love you back, life is very simple.” —Anita Diamant
- “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” —Jean De La Bruyere
- “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” —Vincent Van Gogh
- It is a moment of pure ecstasy and satisfaction when you see a smile flicker on baby’s lips, just as they gently pass into a deep slumber.
- “All those cliches, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood—all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” —Penelope Cruz
- “And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered.” —Nicholas Sparks
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” —Lish McBride
- “Babies control and bring up their families as much as they are controlled by them; in fact, the family brings up baby by being brought up by him.” —Erik H. Erikson
- “I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.” —Penelope Leach
- “This is a place where grandmothers hold babies on their laps under the stars and whisper in their ears that the lights in the sky are holes in the floor of heaven.” —Rick Bragg
- I loved you from the very start. You stole my breath, embraced my heart. Our life together has just begun. You’re part of me, my little one.
- “Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me.” —Maria Jose Ovalle
Funny Baby Quotes
When you’re not busy admiring every beautiful thing your baby does, you’re laughing at the humorous side of parenting and all the funny things babies do. These funny baby quotes make for an excellent addition to funny cards or a custom gift for the parents.
- “Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky.” —Fran Lebowitz
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “Perfection only exists in babies and pastries.” —Gayle Wray
- The most precious jewels, you’ll ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.
- “Make no mistake about why these babies are here—they are here to replace us.” —Jerry Seinfeld
- “I always wondered why babies spend so much time sucking their thumbs. Then I tasted baby food.” —Robert Orben
- “When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog: ‘Fetch!’.” —Bruce Lansky
- And then my soul saw you and it kind of went “Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking for you.”
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” —Franklin P. Jones
- “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” —John Andrew Holmes
- You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep.
- A parent is someone who carries pictures where their money used to be.
- “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children. Now, I have six children and no theories.” —John Wilmot
- A toddler can do more in one unsupervised moment than most people can do all day.
- “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” —Olivia Wilde
- You’ll learn to lower your expectations about what you can accomplish in a day. Some days, it will be all you can do to keep baby safe, warm, and fed. And that will be enough.
- A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, savings smaller, and a home happier.
Short Baby Quotes
Need a shorter quote for a gift tag or for a personalized gift like a sweet teddy bear for the little one? These short baby quotes and sayings range from nostalgic and emotional to playful and silly.
- “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” —Carl Sandburg
- Your first breath took ours away.
- “Flowers are words which even a baby can understand.” —Arthur C. Coxe
- “It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into.” —Terri Guillemets
- Fairy tales do come true. Look at us, we had you.
- A baby’s smile is an antidote to melt your day’s stress away.
- “A baby is born with a need to be loved—and never outgrows it.” —Frank A. Clark
- Something tells me I am going to love him forever.
- Happiness is homemade.
- “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
- Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
- “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” —Sigrid Leo
- Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
- While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” —Eda J. Le Shan
- Babies smile in their sleep because they’re listening to the whispering of angels.
- Ten little fingers, ten perfect toes, fill our hearts with love that overflows.
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” —Roland Leonhardt
Baby Boy Quotes
Welcoming a baby boy is a joyful adventure. These baby boy quotes sum up what having a son means to parents, grandparents and the rest of the family. Choose a message from a famous storybook or a sweet saying that sums up their love for this new handsome bundle of joy.
- The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.
- “And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself” —Shel Silverstein, The Giving Tree
- “Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older.” —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- Little hands and little feet, little toothless grins so sweet, little eyes that shine so bright, little arms to hug you tight, everything’s little except your joy when you have a new baby boy.
- “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.” —Tanya Masse
- Baby boys have a pocket full of mischief and a saddle always overflowing with joy and excitement.
- A baby boy may leave smudges in the house and also on your heart.
- His little hands stole my heart. His little feet ran away with it!
- A baby boy always is that anchor of your life, even through rough tides of life.
- Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes and realize I have already created one.
- Your baby boy will hold your hand only for a little time, but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.
- “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” —Maya Angelou
- A baby boy arrives, and just like that, everything changes. The world gets bigger, hearts grow fuller, and life means more because he’s in it.
- You’ll be his first kiss, his first love, his first friend, you are his momma, and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.
Baby Girl Quotes
If you or your friends are welcoming an adorable little girl, customize their gifts with sweet and loving quotes about baby girls. These baby girl quotes and sayings celebrate the journey of raising a girl and watching her grow into a strong young woman. Weave these quotes into baby shower decor or include them in your baby girl birth announcement.
- A baby girl is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.
- “A daughter is one of the best gifts this world has to give.” —Laurel Atherton
- Giggles, curls, ribbons, and bows! Our baby girl is so adorable from head to toe.
- Babies are a link between angels and man.
- And though she be but little, she is fierce.
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” —Bethany Hamilton
- “There’s no better feeling than making your little girls laugh.” —Jerry O’Connell
- A baby daughter is always a Daddy’s girl and Mommy’s world!
- You are still so young, baby girl, you have a lot of potentials just waiting to be explored today.
- A baby girl would dance her way into your heart, whirling on the tips of angel wings, scattering gold dust and kisses in your path.
- A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice—especially when she’s taking a nap.
- Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains.
- My baby girl is one of my greatest treasures in life and I would give her the world if I can.
- “A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.” —Pierre Doucet
- I want to live forever to watch you grow, to see what a great woman you will surely become.
It isn’t always easy to find the perfect sentiment to sum up your excitement. Use these inspirational quotes about babies to express your excitement in a card or in announcements and invitations. A shadow box engraved with a sweet saying and baby photos would make a great keepsake for the parents or grandparents. As babies grow and change, these sweet sayings act as a reminder of the our unconditional love.