Are you unsure of what to gift a friend or coworker? Or maybe you simply know they’d prefer the freedom of choosing their gift themselves. Whatever your reason, sometimes a gift certificate is an ideal gift. However, you still want to make sure that the gift shows that care and thought have gone into it. To help, we’ve made a list of the most creative ways to give gift cards.
- How To Give A Gift Card
- Creative Ways To Wrap A Gift Card
- Ideas For Gift Card Holders
- Gift Card Presentation Ideas
Just because you’re giving a gift card doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t present it with care. After all, the right presentation will help the giftee feel appreciated. The following tips will help ensure you’re following proper gifting etiquette.
- Pick out the right gift card for the giftee. Do they have a daily coffee habit? Then maybe they’d appreciate a gift card to their local coffee shop. Or maybe they’re in need of some new work clothes after starting a new job. If so, a gift certificate for a professional clothing store might be best.
- Deposit an appropriate balance for the occasion. For example, the gift amount for a baby shower would be higher than that for a birthday.
- Find a thematic gift card holder, or DIY one. The care you put into wrapping the gift card or in finding the perfect gift card holder shows through in the end.
- Include a card with the gift card. It’s important to always include a special card in any gift. This shows the giftee exactly how much you appreciate them.
These wrapping ideas help take your gift to the next level. From traditional gift wrapping to origami paper, we’ve made a list of the best gift card wrapping ideas for you below.
1. Thematic Wrapping Paper
Whether it’s baby blue wrapping for a baby shower or custom ordered wrapping with your friend’s favorite cartoon character– wrapping paper matters. It’s shows care has been put into the presentation. Plan ahead to have appropriate wrapping paper ready to go for any occasion that might come up.
2. Newspaper Cartoons
In a pinch, or for a friend who really loves comics, newspaper cartoons make a fun wrapping paper. Simply cut out an appropriate comic strip for the occasion. To help yourself out in the future, try cutting out funny comic strips whenever you get the paper.
Sometimes an elegant or elaborate ribbon will do the trick when wrapping a gift card box. Just make sure it’s tied tight enough that the gift card won’t accidentally fall out.
4. Origami Paper
Looking for a unique and elegant paper to wrap your gift card box? Consider using a square of origami paper. The gift card is small enough that you won’t need much paper, and you can even add a special origami shape on top for decoration.
5. Small Baggie
For an easy to wrap gift, consider ordering gift card sized baggies. These small paper or plastic baggies are perfectly sized, and they look adorable on a gift table.
6. Cloth Bag
A small cloth bag can work just as well as the gift bags mentioned above. This is a great alternative when the occasion calls for more delicate decorations.
7. Gift Card Box
Gift card boxes are necessary when decorating with wrapping paper because they help keep the shape of the gift. You can also decorate the box itself however, if you don’t have any wrapping paper.
Looking for some specific ways to hold the gift card? These gift card holders show that time and care have been put into the gift. Pick your favorite idea from those below or use them to inspire an idea all your own.
8. Phone Card Holders
For a unique cardholder idea that doubles as a functional gift, consider using phone cardholders. The gift card easily slides into one of the pockets and you can personalize the design to match the giftee’s style.
9. Card Fold
Consider adding a decorative pouch or folder to the inside of your card. This helps you easily store the gift card in a thoughtful way so that the gift doesn’t fall out of the card when it’s opened.
10. Snack Bag
For a simple and unique gift card holder, consider using a paper snack bag. You can decorate the paper bag and then tie it with a simple string or twine. This works great for gifts for kids.
11. Business Card Holders
Similar to the phone card holder idea, this idea is both cute and practical. Customize a business card holder to hold the gift card for something the giftee is sure to use over and over again. This is an especially perfect gift for new professionals or graduates.
12. Keepsake Boxes
This is an elegant gift and a great option for higher-end occasions, like a bridal or baby shower. Customize the keepsake box for the giftee and place the gift card inside.
13. Mason Jar
Customize a mason jar for the giftee and fill it with their favorite candy. Then hide the gift card inside the candy for an extra special surprise. This is great for kids, graduates, and adults with a sweet tooth.
Looking for the right gift card ideas for a specific occasion? Check out the thematic gift card presentation ideas below for some fun inspiration.
14. Christmas Gift Card Ideas
Gift cards make great stocking stuffers as well as gifts under the tree. Looking for some cute presentation ideas for this holiday occasion? Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Inside the stocking, wrapped in black paper to resemble “coal.”
- In a series of boxes, each one smaller than the next, to help extend the present opening.
- Inside of another personalized gift.
- Wrapped with thick wrapping paper, twine, and cuttings from the tree.
15. Creative Ways To Give Multiple Gift Cards
Are you gifting more than one gift card? Whether it’s for an entire family, for someone’s graduation, or any other reason, the following ideas will help you pick the most creative way to give multiple gift cards:
- Gift Card Wreath: Create a seasonal wreath and use clothespins to attach the gift cards around the wreath.
- Gift Card Garland: Similar to the wreath, this decorative garland is perfect for the holidays. Simply attach gift cards with ribbon or clothespins to segments along with the garland.
- Gift Card Flowers: Use a personalized flower pot as the base for this creative idea. Then create “flowers” out of wooden sticks and construction paper. Attach the gift cards to the “flowers” at the end. Finally “plant the flowers” in the flower pot and decorate with a ribbon.
- A “Giving Tree:” Create a “giving tree” by gluing a collection of thin branches, sticks, and stems together at the base. Make sure it branches out at the end to resemble a tree. Then use twine to tie gift cards to the ends of the branches.
16. Creative Ways To Give Gift Cards To Teachers
Teachers deserve to be appreciated. And if you’ve decided on a gift card, check out the following presentation ideas.
- Made the gift card holder in the shape of an apple.
- Place the gift card on the inside of a personalized pencil case, along with some customized pencils.
- Gift it inside a bunch or vase of flowers.
17. Creative Ways To Give Gift Cards For Bridal Shower
Along with a meaningful card, the following gift card ideas will help make the bride feel extra special.
- Inside a box of chocolates. It’s a tasty and adorable way to celebrate the bride to be.
- On the inside of “his & hers” mugs. It’s sure to warm her heart.
- Wrapped inside a tea towel. Tea towels are a classic bridal shower gift, but you don’t have to stop there.
Resources Related to Creative Ways to Give Gift Cards
If you liked this resource on creative ways to give gift cards and you’re looking for more related content, make sure to check out our other articles: