Sometimes, we all need a gentle reminder that the most important thing in life is to be happy. Happiness quotes are bite-sized pieces of wisdom that remind us that happiness is a choice. The right words can help us out of a funk, improve our mood, and give us a better outlook on life. Inspirational quotes can also push us to make choices each day that will make us happy. As you aspire to do great things, use these happy life quotes and sayings for inspiration to live to the fullest!
Below, we compiled very best, most uplifting quotes about happiness, love, and enjoying life in hopes that they’ll help put a smile on your face. Whether you use them as messages to send over text or a thoughtful card, or to surround yourself with hanging wall art for everyday motivation, you’re sure to find something that speaks to you.
- You Make Me Happy Quotes
- Self-Love Quotes That Celebrate You
- Funny Quotes To Make You Laugh
- Happiness Quotes About Enjoying Life
- Happy Captions For Instagram
You Make Me Happy Quotes
Looking for a way to lift someone’s spirits? Sometimes all it takes is a few positive quotes or words of encouragement to immediately turn someone’s day around. Whether it’s your lifelong best friend or a stranger you pass on the street, taking a moment to deliver a positive message through text or a personalized gift can have a long-lasting effect on the well-being of both individuals. Spread some good energy with one of these you make me happy quotes and messages to improve someone’s day.
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “Every single day I want you to be happy and full of joy, just like you make me happy by just passing through my mind.” – Donna White
- “I could stay like this, looking at your eyes forever, because I would know that I would be in my favorite place for eternity.” – Ana Vasquez
- “I just want to tell you that you make me happy and I think I can never thank you enough for it.” – Unknown
- “You’re you, just you, and that’s all I could ever want.” – Unknown
- “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Thank you so much for making me smile, for making me laugh and always pushing me to go after my dreams and not letting me fail. Thank you for being you. You are my rock and you make me feel confident in myself!” – Unknown
- “So many of my smiles begin with you.” – Unknown
- “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.” – Rupi Kaur
- “Did I ever tell you how you make me feel? You make me happy so effortlessly like it is no big deal. All the excitement in my life that you bring makes my heart leap in joy and sing.” – Unknown
- “I never want to stop making memories with you” – Unknown
- “The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in yourself too. The people who love you simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.” – Kate Lattey
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “You make me complete, you make me keep smiling for no reason, you make me who I am today.” – Unknown
- “What is happiness? Happiness means to cook together, laugh together, observe the meteor shower, make common plans and fulfill them together. Happiness for me is you.” – Unknown
- “I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. I would show you how beautiful you are, how compassionate you are, how motivated you are, how driven and brilliant and strong you are.” – Unknown
- “You make the world a better place and I love you for it.” – Unknown
- “When I’m with you, I feel like I’m right where I belong” – Unknown
- “Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite” – Unknown
- “You are so precious because you are the only one of you that this world gets to enjoy.” – Unknown
- “You open my eyes to new possibilities I never thought about in life. You are the miracle that happened to me.” – Unknown
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
Self-Love Quotes That Celebrate You
When you love yourself, things simply become lighter and easier, and you become happier. It’s important that we each find the time to celebrate who we are, to honor ourselves for our efforts and triumphs, and to practice self-care even during the hardest of times. These self-love quotes should serve as a reminder to always appreciate the person staring back at you in the mirror. Keep reading to see our favorite self-love quotes to show you just how awesome you are from the inside out!
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness” – Robert Morley
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
- “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” – Wilferd Arlan Peterson
- “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
- “You carry so much love in your heart, give some to yourself.” – r.z.
- “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” – Maryam Hasnaa
- “Your mind will always believe everything you feed it. Feed it gentleness and fierce self-love.” – Unknown
- “Girl, never forget this is your world too. Don’t let them tell you how to think or what to do. Bloom, when, where and however you choose. Remembering the future is what you make it, the future is you.” – C.M. Kae
- “You don’t have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude, and acceptance. You will change the world just by being a warm & kind hearted human being.” – Anita Krizzan
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your happiness a priority. It’s a necessity.” – Mandy Hale
- “Now close your eyes, and please understand that you are still young, and the universe is endless, and somehow, everything will be okay.” – Tullipsink
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
- “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” – Beau Taplin
- “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” – Deborah Day
- “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” – Brené Brown
Funny Quotes To Make You Laugh
Aside from hope and motivation, humor is sometimes the key to happiness and what will keep you going during difficult times. Even more so, the combination of humor and a positive attitude can make a true difference in life. When you’re able to see things with a little humor, you’ll quickly develop the necessary courage and determination that prevent you from giving up. For this reason, we created the following collection of magnificently funny quotes about life.
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” – Mark Twain
- “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
- “It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
- “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles Schulz
- “I’m sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It’s just been too intelligent to come here.” – Arthur C. Clarke
- “Age is of no importance, unless you’re a cheese.”- Billie Burke
- “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” -Steven Wright
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” -A. Milne
- “Life is like a sewer – what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.” – Tom Lehrer
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
- “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson
- “Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” – Robert Bloch
- “Dear life, when I said: ‘Can my day get any worse?’ It was rhetorical, not a challenge.” – Unknown
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
- “Taking naps sounds so childish. I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses.” – Unknown
- “I walk around like everything is fine. But deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.” – Unknown
- “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?” – Unknown
- “So it turns out that being an adult is really just Googling how to do stuff.” – Unknown
- “Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping!” – Unknown
- “It’s okay to look at the past and the future. Just don’t stare.” – Lisa Lieberman-Wang
- “Always remember that you are unique – just like everybody else.” – Unknown
- “It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
Happiness Quotes About Enjoying Life
Find happiness in the smallest, everyday things with these happiness quotes about enjoying life. Pick the one you like best and place it where you’ll see it every day, whether it’s a photo book or monthly planner, let it help make your day a little brighter. Never forget that a single positive thought can make all the difference!
- “Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” – Rachel Ann Nunes
- “In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The true secret of happiness lies in the taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” – William Morris
- “Even in the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human—in not having to be just happy or just sad—in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.” – Richard Bach
- “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on
your way.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Happiness consists more in small conveniences or pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.”- Andy Rooney
- “But every memory of friendship shared, even for a short time, is a treasure, like sunshine and warmth in our lives, like a cool breeze on a humid day, like a shower of rain refreshing the earth.” – Unknown
- “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” -Richard Bach
- “A person must never cease striving to enjoy life. It takes wit, interest, and energy to be happy.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “Take your life out of high gear and disengage the autopilot mode. Try living mindfully and avoid the pattern of living in a reactive manner.” – Nanette Mathews
- “What is human life? The first third a good time; the rest remembering about it.” – Mark Twain
- “Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it.” – Marcia Weider
- “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” – Walter Hagen
- “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive.” – Joan Rivers
- “Live in the moment. Forget the past and don’t concern yourself with the future.” – Tanner Christensen
- “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going to fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” – Eddie Cantor
- “Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – Unknown
Happy Captions For Instagram
Photos without captions is like a book without a title. If you are searching for the best Instagram captions for your happy moments, find inspiration with these short and sweet quotes about happiness to tell your story behind the photo.
- There’s nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.
- My heart has found a home.
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.
- Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.
- I live for the nights that I can’t remember, with the people that I won’t forget.
- I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.
- You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
- If you give, you begin to live.
- As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.
- Outlining my findings, using life as a stencil.
- Lightning strikes every time she moves.
- I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.
- Sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears.
- Don’t shrink your dreams. Super-size your abilities, courage, and caffeine-intake.
- It’s kind of funny how being old doesn’t seem so old now that I’m old.
- Big things have small beginnings.
- Being happy never goes out of style.
- We got that Friday feeling.
- Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
- As your best friend, I’ll always pick you up when you fall after I finish laughing.
- Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
- Be so busy loving your life that you have no time for fear, regret, or hate.
- Healthy self. Heal thy self.
- Your HUGS cure my UGHS.
- 5’2 but my attitude 6’1.
- Happiness looks gorgeous on you.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
- Better an “oops” than a “what if.”
- You can’t make everybody happy. You are not a jar of Nutella.
- Barefoot is my favorite pair of shoes!
- You are so much sunshine in every square inch.
- We tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of our lives!
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- When nothing goes right, go left.
- Be sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
Life only comes around once, so do whatever makes you happy, and be with whoever makes you smile. Enjoy these happy quotes – whether you give them to yourself or just share them with a friend!