Family is one of the most important, if not the most important thing in our lives. Taking time every day to appreciate your loved ones for all that they do helps us to reconnect as a family. For that reason, we’ve provided a collection of our favorite family quotes and sayings that remind us of the love shared between family members. These family quotes and family sayings are perfect to celebrate your love for your family members. Use these quotes for custom photo books, thoughtful Christmas cards, or even just any day to say you’re thinking of a loved one.
- Family Love Quotes
- Funny Family Quotes
- Short Family Quotes
- Religious and Bible Quotes About Family
- Family And Friends Quotes
- Inspirational Family Quotes
- Blended Family Quotes
- Disney Quotes About Family
- Cute Family Quotes
- Support Quotes
The basic connection between family will always be love. Remind your parents, siblings, cousins, children, or other of this with the following quotes. Consider adding these beautiful quotes to a custom photo book to share with your family.
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” –John Wooden
- “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” –Irina Shayk
- “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” –Barbara Bush
- “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” –Anthony Brandt
- “Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.”
- “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” –Lisa Weed
Humor can help ease the tension within your family when things get tough. If you need a light-hearted reminder of the funny side of family, look to the quotes below. These quotes about family help keep everything light – they’re perfect to add to a personalized gift for any holiday, or add into a greeting card to send out to the extended family and close friends.
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” –George Burns
- “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.” –Marge Kennedy
- “Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts.”
- “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.” –Harry Morgan
- “Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can’t.”
Short and simple, these family quotes get straight to the point. Even though all families are complicated, the shortest quotes about family can manage to say everything. Add a short family caption like the ones below to your custom home decor to make your home feel warm, inviting, and family-oriented.
- “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” –Michael J. Fox
- “The memories we make with our family is everything.” –Candace Cameron Bure
- “Family is family.” –Linda Linney
- “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” –George Santayana
- “In time of test, family is best.” –Burmese Proverb
The bible has always encouraged strong family ties and loving familial bonds. Some of our favorite religious quotes about family can be found below. Sharing religious quotes on family is a perfect addition to Christmas cards, especially when you add family photos throughout the year. Use these quotes to show your loved ones what’s most important to you.
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” –Desmond Tutu
- “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” –Lil’ Kim
- “The family is the first essential cell of human society.” –Pope John XXIII
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” –1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” –Romans 12:9
Sometimes friends feel like family and family act like friends. If you’re looking for quotes that put the two together, we’ve gathered them for you below. These loving family quotes can be great to add to personalized framed prints with your group photos together.
- “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” –Philip Green
- “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” –John C. Maxwell
- “Treat your family like friends and your friends like family.”
- “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.” –Wanda Hope Carter
- “Stick to the basics, hold on to your family and friends – they will never go out of fashion.” –Niki Taylor
Need an extra dose of inspiration for your day? These inspirational family quotes may just do the trick. One of the best ways to use inspirational quotes about family is on office accessories. Gift personalized desk calendars with these quotes to remind your loved ones what’s important and keep them inspired throughout the work day.
- “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.” –Michael Imperioli
- “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” –George Bernard Shaw
- “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.” –Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.” –Josiah
A family can be either something you’re born into or something you work at. If you’re a part of a blended family full of friends, half-siblings, step-moms, step-dad, and more, a family quote about your family can celebrate how unique it is. Include these quotes with family pictures printed on customized desk plaques that will be a great home decor piece for your home. Here are our top blended family quotes:
- “Our family is a circle of strength of love with every birth and every union the circle grows.”
- “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues… are created, strengthened and maintained.” –Winston Churchill
- “Blended families: woven together by choice, strengthened together by love, tested by everything, and each uniquely ours.”
- “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones that would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.”
- “Family is not defined by our genes, it is built and maintained through love.”
- “I didn’t give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you.”
Sometimes Disney says it best. If you’re looking for Disney inspired family sayings, look no further. And if you’re inspired to craft something special with one of these Disney family quotes, consider making a family-themed canvas print.
- “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” –Stitch
- “This is my family. I found it all on my own. It’s little, and broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good.” –Stitch
- “Some people are worth melting for.” –Olaf
- “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” –Coco
- “Life is beautiful. It’s about giving. It’s about family.” –Walt Disney
Some family quotes are too cute not to share. Here are our favorite picks from simple sweet statements about family. Consider adding these sweet sentiments to a one-of-a-kind family photo book. You can display the book on your coffee table as beautiful decor or gift it to other members of your family for their birthday or Christmas.
- “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” –Albert Einstein
- “Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.” –Evan Esar
- “Where there is family, there is love.”
- “Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong.”
- “Family is the heart of a home.”
- “The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” –Dodie Smith
- “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” –Peter Buffett
Family supports you no matter what, and that’s what the following quotes highlight. Consider adding a family support quote to a personalized calendar to share with your household.
- “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” –Barbara Bush
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” –Richard Bach
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” –Jane Howard
- “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” –Brad Henry
- “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” –Lee Iacocca
- “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.” –Guy Lafleur
Additional Family Sayings Resources
Are you inspired by these quotes and want a way to be reminded of the love between your family every day? Check out our content on family rules to live by, and combine it with one of our wall art templates to memorialize the sentiment.