Last Updated: Sep 18, 2018
Sending Christmas cards out during the holidays can be simple if you begin early. If you want your recipients to have enough time to enjoy your family’s cheer before the holiday frenzy and ugly Christmas sweater parties begin, start your Christmas card mailing process 3 weeks in advance of Christmas day. Family and friends are usually overloaded with cards and gifts the week of Christmas so it’s always a smart idea to avoid what we like to call, the “Christmas Card Rush”.
When to Order Christmas Cards?
- Answer: Order Christmas cards 1-3 weeks before Thanksgiving Day.
- If you want to bypass the cost of rush shipping and potential delays, order your custom Christmas cards before Thanksgiving rolls around. Wait too late and you may find the fees making your originally cheap Christmas cards more expensive than you planned. You can also order custom religious Christmas cards if you want to include religious messages on your card.
- This is a stress-free time frame that separates you from the millions of individuals who order Christmas cards right after Thanksgiving.
When to Send Out Christmas Cards?
- Answer: Send out Christmas cards to family and friends 2-3 weeks before Christmas day.
- You should always send out Christmas cards during the first full week of December to avoid sending your cards out too early or too late.
- Finish your Christmas card recipient list in advance so there isn’t any confusion when it’s time to address and send out Christmas cards. Since this time frame is right after Thanksgiving, you can speed up your mailing process by using custom address labels for your return address and decorating your envelopes before it’s time to stuff them with your beautiful cards.
- Whether you’re sending a grandparent Christmas card or a Christmas card for dad, you’ll save some time going down your mailing list by starting early.
When to Send Out Business Holiday Cards?
- Answer: Send out business holiday cards anytime between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
- It is appropriate to share business holiday cards at any time during the general holiday season with co-workers or other businesses.
- Most “Happy Holidays” cards include all of the different holidays in one so don’t feel too bad if your holiday card arrives around New Year’s Day. Our guide on how to address Christmas cards suggests that you send business holiday cards to a company’s primary office address.
When to Send Christmas Cards to Soldiers?
- Answer: Send out Christmas cards to soldiers 4-6 weeks before Christmas day.
- If you’re sending a photo Christmas card to a member of the military, do your best to send your cards super early to account for any potential shipping issues. Consider sending a patriotic Christmas card to make your card feel even more complete.
- Those who are serving our country look forward to the simple joy of Christmas card cheer and holiday family photos every year. Sending a Christmas card, with a Christmas photo of your family, to your loved one in the military by way of snail mail is a meaningful and warm gesture.
You can apply the same instructions for sending out Christmas cards to your Christmas party invitations as well, to keep all of your holiday festivities organized this time around. Before you send out your cards, don’t forget to learn a thing or two about what goes inside your card by reading our articles on what to write in a Christmas card and how to sign your Christmas card. If you follow the tips above, you can reduce some of the stress that comes along with sending your cards and move on to your next holiday season project (New Year’s cards, anyone?) with ease.
|When to Send Out Christmas Cards?||Send out Christmas cards to family and friends 2-3 weeks before Christmas Day.|
|When to Send Out Business Holiday Cards?||Send out business holiday cards anytime between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.|
|When to Send Christmas Cards to Soldiers?||Send out Christmas cards to soldiers 4-6 weeks before Christmas Day.|