Express your gratitude in a thoughtful way with personalized thank you cards. Looking for something a little more meaningful to say than a simple thank you in your card? We have come up with a few thank you message ideas to thank anyone, for any occasion. Whether it’s a thank you to all your wedding guests for joining your big celebration, a thank you for the baby shower gifts you received to welcome your first child, or a thank you to a loved one just for being there – whatever notice of gratitude you wish to send, we want to help convey your thank you message in a way that’s sincere to you. Below we have highlighted some of our most popular types of thank you notes for different meaningful occasions.
How To Write A Thank You Note
There are endless reasons in life that warrant a heartfelt thank you. Whether you’re grateful for moments, words, favors, or gifts, when it comes to expressing gratitude, nothing is more personal than a hand-written thank you note. To help break down exactly how to draft a great thank you card, we have compiled go-to phrases, helpful advice, and thank you card wording so you can easily personalize for any occasion.
1. When To Send
Always! Even if the gift, acts of service, or kind gesture you’ve received is small, it shouldn’t go unnoticed. Your thoughtfulness will speak volumes and show the recipient you truly appreciate the thought, time, and generosity they sent your way.
2. Start With The Specifics
Starting with the “W’s” is a great place to be laying out all the details and creating a framework of what to say in your note. Ask yourself these questions as a guideline:
- Who are you going to thank? Perhaps it was a wonderful host or friend that gave you a graduation gift.
- What did they do or give? Whether they’re a special teacher who went above and beyond in their job or a family member who showered you with baby gifts for your newborn.
- Where did they do this? At their home, or at your birthday party.
- Why did they do this? To share an evening of holiday cheer, or to celebrate a milestone.
3. A Proper Greeting
Now that you’ve identified all the details, you can begin your thank you card. Start the thank you note out with a kind salutation or greeting using their name, such as “Dear Mrs. Nelson” or “Dear Louisa.” If you have a closer relationship with your card recipient, you may decide to just use the recipient’s nickname!
4. Express Your Thanks
Begin with the two most important words: Thank you. Using the details from the answers to your “W” questions, start by thanking them for the specific item or service your received, and include the date and location. Here are some different ways to say thanks:
- “Your incredible thoughtfulness won’t be forgotten!”
- “You’re an absolute lifesaver – what would I do without you?”
- “Your love and support mean the world to me.”
- “I must be the luckiest to have a friend as thoughtful as you!”
- “It was wonderful to receive such a gorgeous gift. You know my style the best!”
For even more ways to show your appreciation, these thank you quotes will provide you with the inspiration you need.
5. Get Personal
To make each thank you note one-of-a-kind, continue by describing your feelings about the gift, event, favor, kindness, or service done. If they gave you a gift, telling them how you plan to use or display their gift will show how much you really appreciate the thought that went into it. If they did something that specifically made you feel special, tell them how much of an impact their actions had on your life. If they threw you a party, tell them what your favorite part was. Crafting a sincere and heartfelt thank you card message is all about personalization.
6. Wish Them Well
Close your personal thank you note with best wishes for the recipient. The sign-off is whatever seems appropriate with the occasion: “with love,” “very truly yours,” “many thanks from your grateful coworker,” or whatever best captures the spirit of the relationship.
Messages For Wedding Thank You Cards
Whether you are thanking your friends and family for attending your big day or want to ensure they feel their generous gift was appreciated, here are some wedding thank you card messages that are sure to give you the inspiration you need to get started.
Thank you for attending:
- Thank you so much for being there on our wedding day, you helped make it truly unforgettable.
- It meant the world to us that we could celebrate with you.
- We hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
- Your presence on our special day was greatly appreciated!
- From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for sharing in the celebration of our wedding.
- We felt the love and sincerity all around us which made it the most memorable day of our lives.
- We are grateful for your presence, warm wishes, and we look forward to sharing many more memories with you.
Thank you for being a part of the wedding (bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc.):
- A huge thank you for all the hard work to make this day possible.
- Having you as a part of our wedding meant so much to us.
- Our special day would not have been the same without your involvement.
- Thank you so much for your unending love and support.
- I truly appreciate your time and effort helping us achieve the sweetest wedding daydream.
- We were so glad that you could share this special day with us.
Thank you for the gift:
- We were so happy to receive the gift that you so kindly gave to us.
- Your gift was so generous and so appreciated. It will certainly help as we build our new life together.
- Thank you for your kindness and for sharing in this exciting time in our lives.
- We were so excited to open your gift and look forward to using it for many years to come.
- Thank you for thinking of us and helping us celebrate this happy time in our lives.
Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording Ideas
Your sweet little bundle of joy has already received bundles, boxes, and bags of gifts — along with a whole lot of love. Now it’s time to thank those who have filled your heart (and nursery). Show them how much their support means with a well-crafted thank you card. Whether you want to keep the card short and sweet or include some personal details, the possibilities are endless with these baby shower thank you card wording ideas.
- Thank you for the gift. I know it’s going to be a lifesaver as I navigate these first few months with our new addition. Thank you, too, for the support you’ve shown me during this exciting time. I’m grateful to have a friend/coworker/neighbor like you.
- What a treat! Thank you so much for the gift. I’ve had my eye on it for a while, and now the baby’s nursery will finally feel complete! I am so appreciative of the way you’ve made my family and me feel celebrated during this special time.
- Thank you for the adorable gift! I’ll think of you every time the baby wears it. You have been so helpful for the past several months, and I don’t think I could’ve managed without you. Can’t wait for him/her to arrive! I know he/she will love you as much as I do.
- You always know how to make me feel loved! Thank you for the gift. That was such a thoughtful gesture, and I’ve been blown away by your kindness and generosity during this exciting season. I am so grateful for your friendship.
- Thank you for your incredibly generous gift. It will definitely make a difference as we add a sweet new addition to our growing family. I am so lucky to have an amazing friend to help welcome my child into the world.
Sayings For Graduation Thank You Cards
Often, gifts for graduation come from people who watched you grow from a small child into an accomplished scholar. Their gifts are given to show they are proud of your accomplishments. Thank those who have supported you with these sayings for graduation thank you cards.
- I’m stunned by your thoughtful generosity in giving me such an amazing graduation gift. Thank you so much for helping me pursue my education.
- Thank you for your love and care for me over the past few years. I’ll never forget your unwavering support through thick and thin, and your generous gift is proof of that. Thank you so much!
- I want to express my gratefulness for your generous gift. It will help me transition into my first year of college, and I’m excited to put it to good use.
- Thank you for your considerate graduation gift. I am humbled and grateful for your presence in my life.
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I’m so humbled by your kindness and continual support.
- Thank you for supporting me in every way. You’ve invested so much into me and helped me grow a lot over the last few years. Your thoughtfulness and generosity will not be forgotten!
Messages For Thanking A Friend
Do you want to let your friends know how important they are to you? You don’t need to have a special occasion to simply thank them for being in your life. Show your best friends what their friendship means with a simple message of thanks and thinking of you cards.
- Being in a friendship with you means a celebration to me every day. Thanks a lot for adding so many good memories and times of happiness to my life.
- Even though situations, times, and life have changed over the years, our friendship is still the same as before. Thanks for being such a sweet friend of mine.
- No matter how far we may be, we’d always be close to each other’s hearts. I’m thankful to you for sharing such a wonderful bonding with me.
- You’re always there to hear me whether I was cracking a stupid joke, complaining about life, or just blabbering. Thanks for being a non-judgmental listener and a true friend.
- My dear friend… thanks for walking with me when I needed support, thanks for walking ahead of me when I needed guidance, and thanks for walking behind me when I needed someone to watch my back.
- I don’t think I would have been able to make it so far without your love, care, support, kindness, generosity, and every little or big thing. Thanks for being a part of my life.
Sending out thank you cards is an opportunity to reach out, connect, and recognize a kindness. Reaching out with thanks for even the smallest of gestures is meaningful. It’s a kindness to repay a kindness.
Finish off your thanks with an envelope even the postman will find impressive. Select matching address labels and custom postage to assure your thank you’s get signed, sealed, and delivered in style. And if you need a little added motivation for putting the pen to paper, pick out custom stationery that you really love. No matter what the occasion, make sure to show your appreciation with a handwritten thank you note. For more on sending thank you notes, discover our related resources below: