The holiday season is the perfect time of the year to reconnect with friends and family members, and one way to do that is by sending out Christmas postcards. Festive holiday photos will look beautiful on your postcards, and you can use them again for custom photo gifts. Before you start printing your cards, make a list and check it twice to ensure that you didn’t forget anyone important.
If you’re ready to begin putting together your photo Christmas cards, consider the timing, theme, and photos you’ll include. You can never go wrong with custom heartwarming photo cards everyone on your list will love. Whether you’re looking for tips on how to choose photos or ideas for Christmas card wording, read on for ideas below.
Aim to send out your holiday cards about 2-3 weeks before Christmas. This way, you can ensure your cards will get to your loved ones before Christmas Day. Plus, if you finish sending out cards early, you’ll have more time to check off all the other items on your Christmas to-do list like buying personalized gifts, creating custom photo gifts, and choosing Christmas invites for any holiday parties you’re throwing.
When you’re ready to start designing your Christmas postcards, be sure to gather all the materials you’ll need:
- Holiday stationery including stamps and address labels
After you gather your materials and choose your photos, the next thing to do is decide what to write on your personalized Christmas cards. Keep your messages short and sweet while still including details about your relationship with the recipient—this will make every card feel personalized and unique.
Consider the following tips when choosing a Christmas postcard message:
- Begin with a classic holiday greeting, such as “Happy Holidays!” or “Merry Christmas!”
- Decide on the style of your message. Do you prefer a religious Christmas greeting or something funny and lighthearted?
- For close friends and family members, include a personalized message.
- End with your signature and a closing message. For family and friends, use a warm or loving greeting. For colleagues, use a professional closing.
Christmas cards are a great chance to have some fun and showcase your personality. There are so many different types of messages you can include, from formal to funny Christmas messages.
To help you get started, here are some wording examples you can use in your Christmas cards:
- Wishing you a merry and bright holiday season!
- The holiday season is a time to reflect on all the people who bring light into our lives. Thank you for being such a good friend.
- May your Christmas be filled with blessings and joy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- I hope Santa brings you all the holiday gifts on your list this year. Merry Christmas!
- Having a friend like you is the best present I could ever ask for. Happy holidays and I can’t wait to see you soon!
- Wishing you peace, love, and joy this holiday season. Have a very merry Christmas.
- You’re on my ‘nice’ list this year and every year! Happy holidays!
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year, a time when the world seems to sparkle a little brighter and we get to spend time with the ones we love. Wishing you the happiest holiday season!
The first step to putting together your Christmas photo cards is choosing what images you want to include. You can go for a collage of photos, or you can include one photo featuring your whole family. Spend some time working on your design—you can use this design again in custom photo gifts.
Here are some Christmas photos ideas to help you choose images for your cards:
Pair a photo of your family with a sweet holiday message. If you’re using a photo collage, consider including a mixture of candid and staged photos. If you’re using one photo, go for a family portrait with a holiday theme.
As A Couple
Share a sweet photo of you and your significant other celebrating the holidays together. If you recently got married, consider showcasing your wedding photos on your Christmas cards.
Include your fur babies in your family portrait. Consider giving them a festive collar or a mini Santa hat to wear in the photo. Consider bringing treats to help keep your pet’s attention during the photoshoot.
If this is your baby’s first Christmas, include a collage of festive holiday photos of your little one. You can even match the theme to your Christmas baby announcement.
Did you recently move? Take family photos in your new abode after it’s all decorated for the holidays. Be sure to include your Christmas tree or a festive wreath in the background.
You’ve chosen your Christmas card wording and picked out your photos. Now, it’s time to decide on the color scheme and theme of your online Christmas card. As you’re designing your postcards, you’ll find plenty of theme options, from religious Christmas cards to fun and whimsical holiday illustrations.
If you’re unsure about a theme for your photo Christmas cards, here are some ideas to spark inspiration:
- Softly Frosted: Surround your photo with glittery gold or silver snowflakes.
- Festively Plaid: Give your Christmas cards a rustic feel by using a plaid background.
- Rustic Florals: Choose a card with whimsical and rustic floral illustrations. Look for a card that features seasonal plants, like poinsettias and ivy.
- Whimsical Christmas Trees: Add a pop of color to your Christmas cards with bright and colorful Christmas trees.
- Natural Greenery: Frame your photo with an illustrated green and red wreath.
- Classic Gold: Create an elegant and classic Christmas card by framing your photo with a gold border.
- Gilded Holly: A gilded silver or gold berry frame will give your photo Christmas cards an elegant feel.
- Holiday Illustrations: Choose a card that features classic holiday illustrations, such as snowflakes or shimmering gold flakes.
Once you’ve chosen your photos, theme, and message for your online Christmas cards, print out your cards and begin signing and addressing them. After your cards are in the mail, you can start working on putting together personalized gifts and custom photo gifts for all of your loved ones.
Christmas postcards are the perfect way to show your friends, family members, and colleagues you’re thinking of them during the holiday season. If you’re ready to start creating your beautiful online Christmas cards, check out our collection of photo Christmas cards. If you’re hosting a party this year, custom holiday party invitations are perfect. Plus, if you’re ready to start buying presents for loved ones, check out a custom photo gift that’s personalized for your family and friends.