Gratitude is one of the greatest gifts you can give this holiday season. This is the chance to send holiday thank you cards for acts both large and small. Think back on this past year and consider everyone you’d like to thank for the irreplaceable role they play in your life. Start with your inner circle and branch out from there. Wondering how to write a thank you note that makes an impression? Gather up your supplies so you can write the best Christmas thank you cards possible this season. Be sure you have everyone’s address ready to go before you start writing. Then check out this series of easy prompts and phrases to spark your inspiration no matter who you’re writing to this season.
From friendly messages to share with family, thank you notes to send to your team at work, and a few jokes for friends, you’ll find the perfect way to share the holiday spirit with those you care about. Add your own custom holiday greeting, or feel free to copy these directly when you design a card from our holiday shop. Either way, be sure to let everyone know you’re so thankful for another year spent with them with personalized holiday cards.
What To Include In Your Holiday Thank You Card Messages
In each of your holiday cards, be sure to keep a list of your recipients’ names, addresses, and their gift or thing you wish to thank them for. Make note of how much their present or support meant to you this year in particular, adding a personalized immediacy to the Christmas note. End your greeting cards with a holiday message personalized for the role they play in your daily life. You can also include a photograph of your family worked into the design of the card itself or tucked inside as a separate insert. A photo card that showcases your family or Christmas tree is always a great way to go.
As you get ready to write your Christmas note cards, gather your list of helpful items and information:
- Holiday personalized stationery
- Specific stationery such as wedding or baby thank you cards
- Festive pens
- Personalized postage stamps
- List of addresses
- Address labels
- Notes about their Christmas gift or general note of thanks
- Christmas thank you card wording ideas
- Envelope sealing liquid
Customized Thank You Card Sayings To Get You Started
The pressure of a blank notecard can feel overwhelming. Sometimes you just need to see a few ideas to get the writing gears moving. Check out our list of thank you card messages to fill in the blank and inspire your own personalized note of thanks.
General Sentiments for Christmas Thank You’s:
- Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I am blown away by your generosity.
- It was so great getting to see you last week. Thank you for taking the time to catch up and fill this season with love.
- We are so grateful you could join us at our holiday party. Your presence warmed our home and the entire season.
- We have hung your present above the mantelpiece and will cherish it for years to come. Thank you.
- Thank you for making such a difference in my child’s and so many children’s lives. We are happy to have you as our son’s/daughter’s teacher. Merry Christmas!
- I cannot find the words to express how much your thoughtful Christmas gift meant to us this year. You’ve truly outdone yourself.
- Thank you for spreading love and generosity everywhere you go. Your support and thoughtful gift meant the world this holiday.
- You are truly the light of this season. I am so appreciative of everything you bring to our lives.
- How can I ever truly thank you for such a generous gift? Thank you for your thoughtfulness and care.
Thank You Notes for Friends, Family, and Coworkers:
- This season, I wanted to let you know how grateful I am to have you as a neighbor.
- Friends like you only come along once in a lifetime. Thank you for always being there for me.
- Your service and support mean so much to this community. May you have a restful and rejuvenating holiday.
- Your enthusiasm and dedication to this company are inspiring. We very much appreciate your hard work. Happy holidays!
- You have been such an asset to our family this year. Thank you for your love and support through thick and thin.
- You are so appreciated, my friend! Thank you for everything you bring to our family and everyone in your life. Have a restful holiday.
Holiday Thank You Card Ideas To Keep In Mind
When personalizing your thank you note cards, keep three main things in mind: your writing voice, your audience, and why you’re specifically thankful for them this year. You want to sound like yourself, even if you’re writing a more formal note of thanks. The holidays are the perfect time to bring up events, personalized gifts, or actions that have meant the world to you. Your holiday card doesn’t just have to be about the season—it can also serve as an anniversary card, a birthday card, a business Christmas card, or a baby shower card. It’s truly the perfect way to reach out to those you love and thank them for being a special part of your life.
As you pick the right message for you, consider a few questions and tips:
- How do you know the person receiving your card? If they’re a family member, how are you related?
- Are you including a thank-you gift with the card?
- When was the last time you’ve seen them or checked in? Offer to get in touch if you haven’t had the chance to talk in a while.
- If you saw them over the holidays, mention something fun you did together. If not, will you see them sometime soon?
- Thank them for a gift they sent over the holidays.
- Reference what they mean to your school or community.
- Wish them well in the new year and throughout the holidays.
- Have they lost someone in the last year? Your holiday card can also serve as a sympathy card.
Final Thoughts on Writing Holiday Thank You Cards
Whenever possible, personalize holiday thank you sayings for each recipient. Even one sentence catered to your specific relationship will go a long way.
Though we’re all accustomed to receiving loving holiday cards throughout December, the weeks after the holidays are also a lovely time to send a note. Holiday thank you cards put an unexpected surprise in their mailbox, extending the season of gratitude long into the winter. From business Christmas cards to sending your family well wishes, Christmas thank you cards are an important part of the season.