With so many opportunities for unique details, accents and twists, offbeat weddings have become quite popular. Whether it’s reflected in your wedding ceremony, stationery or color scheme, incorporating out-of-the-box ideas will help add personality to your wedding.
The easiest way to add your own personal touches to your wedding is by opting to write your own wedding vows. To help ignite your creativity and write the perfect vows for your significant other, we compiled over 110 non-traditional wedding vows below.
Whether you’re looking for something short and sweet or a vow that encompasses everything you feel for your partner, you’re sure to find the right inspiration for your ceremony.
Short Non-Traditional Wedding Vows
Keep things short and sweet or use one of the vows below as an introduction to the rest of your speech. Keeping things simple and to the point is perfect for short or civil ceremonies so pick the one that speaks to you.
- I promise to surprise you, to amaze you, to make you laugh, and to help you in your every endeavor.
- Dream with me, hold me, never let me go and I will be your loving wife forevermore.
- I’ve always dreamed of marrying a guy like you, and today, I get to marry the man of my dreams.
- I vow to always communicate with you freely—never to hold back, but to be honest and loyal as a wife, to love you fiercely, to love you without measure.
- I vow to always listen and never hurt you, to always kiss you and never shame you, to always love and to never leave.
- I give you my hand, my heart, and my word that I will be a loving and devoted wife.
- This, my husband, is the beginning of forever, forever kisses, forever loves, forever together as one.
- I look forward to falling in love with you over and over and over again each day.
- Suddenly there in you was everything I would ever need. I knew it the first time we met, and I know now that you are my everything.
- The first time I saw you my heart whispered “he’s the one.” My heart was so right.
- There’s no doubt in my heart that you’re my person and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
- As your wife, I promise to love you until my last day, to be loyal and to support you through the good and the bad.
- I pledge to be your loving friend and to comfort you when your team loses this year.
- If I could do it all over, I’d choose to be your wife every time.
- I thought today would be the best day of my life, but the thought of spending the rest of my days with you, makes me believe the best is yet to come.
- Receive this ring and my true love’s kiss as a token of my pure and true love for you, and I promise to forever more be your loving and devoted husband.
- I take you as my wife as a mirror of my love, as a complement to me in every way, my lover, my friend.
- With an open heart, pure spirit, and sense of pure amazement, I take you as my wife.
- I vow to risk everything for you—to give over my life for you—to be the man you love.
- I always learn from you, serenity, the poetry of the universe, what those love songs are really about—you teach me how to love and how to be a better man.
- You are the best parts of me—my darling, my love, my wife, I give you everything I have and everything I am.
- Shakespeare offered to count the many ways how he loved his beloved—I have truly lost count.
- I will be your loyal knight and your Prince Charming.
- In the storybook of our lives, here is the chapter where I say to you, “and we lived happily ever after…”
- You are my first, my last, my everything—my wife whom I adore.
- I take you to be my wife in full knowledge that I have the most wonderful woman in the world as my wife.
- Love is not boastful—love is not envious—love is trust and honesty in all things. This is what I promise to be as your husband.
- I vow to spend every moment I can with you, to learn together, to love together, to anticipate your needs, and rejoice with you as my wife.
- There are no words, and no proper emotions for what I feel today, the idea that you are to be my wife is overwhelming, I am truly the luckiest man alive.
- As your husband I vow to act as your partner and never be prideful or possessive.
- As your husband, I vow to always listen and never hurt you, to always kiss you and never shame you, to always love and to never leave.
- I vow to be the husband you’ve always dreamed of having. A husband who loves every part of you and supports your every dream.
- Today, I take you as my wife, my best friend and the love of my life for as long as we both shall live.
- With pride, immeasurable love and infinite excitement for what’s to come, I take you as my wife.
- As your husband, I vow to seek your guidance and love for the rest of my life.
- My love for you will be everlasting…
- It’s the little things we do together that make it all so fun!
- I can’t believe how lucky I am to marry a person with whom I share so much and who complements me completely.
- I can’t wait to grow old together and look back at this beautiful moment—I’m so excited for all the joy of our life to come!
- I promise to be your partner in crime, and to take the heat if we get caught.
- I promise to make your dreams mine, to support you, to cherish you and to devote my life to your happiness.
- I want to write it in the sky—I love you, I love everything about you, and I can’t wait to see where our journey of love is headed.
- I can’t wait to see the fantastic trouble we’ll get into as we spend the rest of our lives together.
- I vow to spend every Christmas together.
- It’s called tying the knot because once tied I promise my love will not break, and only get stronger under pressure.
- My love will always endure—though life brings with it a sea of troubles, we will endure and through each other always find pure joy.
- Our love is undying—it is eternal—and makes us eternal.
- This ceremony is beautiful and allows me to share our love with all those here—but truly, we were married before this day and will always be.
- We have a special and miraculous connection that no one can break. I promise to nourish you bodily, intellectually, and with my spirit.
- As the spark of the divine possess me I wish to join with your light and together we will love for eternity.
- Let what is bound today never be broken, let the eternal be reflected in our matrimony.
- I promise from this day forward to make a shelter of my arms, a hearth of my heart, and let our love sustain us.
- The understanding that we have is the kind shared only by those with true love. I am a better person because of you and because you make me better. I love you.
- I vow to keep the spark alive, the love that we feel today, to be your navigator, and your companion on the journey.
- Love me and I will love you – hold me and I will hold you – follow me and I will follow you – let us love, follow and hold each other to the ends of the earth.
- I promise never to pressure you or feel pressure, to never envy, but to always encourage, to always be bold, as you would have me, if you will have me, forever.
- Whatever our life brings, I vow to love you and care for you always.
- I want to talk about your day, feel the love of your embrace, and take pleasure in the little things in life, with you, and only with you, forever.
Long Non-Traditional Wedding Vows
If you’re planning a longer ceremony, use these longer vows as inspiration. From heartwarming to quirky, one of these non-traditional wedding vows will help you express exactly how you feel.
- I challenge you as your wife to cherish every moment. I promise to encourage you to follow your dreams, to dream with you, to encourage you and grow together. I love you in word and deed.
- I take you to be my lover and my best friend and promise to be patient, to show you how much I love you (not just say it) to laugh with you, cry with you and always love you in this world and the next.
- I will love you in my arms, when I catch a glimpse of you across the room, and when you are away I will pine for you and rejoice on your return—calling you husband and running a hand over your cheek.
- You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. – The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks
- Without your love I am incomplete, only with you as my husband can I feel whole, right, and connected to a meaning beyond myself. It is you that teaches me to understand true faith and harmony. I love you.
- I look forward to all our firsts—our first home, our first child, our first time hosting Thanksgiving—all the firsts that come with our lives together. To me you are first above all things—you are my wife and my first and only love.
- I admire how you are fearless—you are not afraid to be yourself. I promise to always encourage you and to try to keep a light heart and a sense of humor. I will be honest, respectful and supportive in your dreams and goals. But most of all, I promise to trust and love you with all my heart, as your wife, and cherish you with all my soul forever and ever.
- Some people say that love gives them wings, but you, my husband, you ground me. People talk about perfection, but to me you are my amazing reality, I love you because of, not in spite of, your flaws—because I see you try to overcome any troubles and you inspire me to overcome my own. Together we will work to make this imperfect reality a little more beautiful, a little more miraculous, and a little more us.
- I vow to appreciate each day how lucky I am to have a man who makes me feel the way you do—beautiful, cherished and loved—and I will always work to make you feel as special and wonderful as I do each moment that we are together for the rest of our lives.
- I vow to look into your eyes, tell you I love you, and to enter into this life with you without fear or reservation, to embrace you, to embrace the excitement of life and to never let go.
- As we stand here today in front of our friends and loved ones, I pledge my undying love and dedication to you and know that I have found in you the man with which I intend to spend the rest of my life. You are my best friend, my confidant and my love. Together we shelter each other from the chaos of the world and create a place of peace. In you I find all joy and all comfort.
- I always knew that someday, somewhere, someone would walk into my life and make me realize why I was meant to be. The first time I saw you I realized that you were him. It was you.
- Someone once said, “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” With you as my husband, I hear a song of true love and together we hold a perfect harmony.
- The secret of love is to find the person you want to be with all the time. When reality is preferable to dreams. You are the man who makes me feel loved. I want to spend every moment with you.
- It’s been said that “There will be dozens of people who will take your breath away, but the one who reminds you to breathe is the one you should keep.” You do both—you are my rock, my every love, and I love that you knock me out and pull me up—and remind me to breathe every once in awhile.
- With me as your wife you have nothing to worry about—I will be loyal, honest, loving, and compassionate. I vow to face any challenge with you, and embrace you with the same warmth and love every day. A love that will only grow through our years together.
- Thank you for making me a bride, thank you for loving me, thank you for being my husband, thank you God for this day—a day I have always dreamed of—and thank you for everything that is to come. I can’t wait to grow old with you.
- By heaven, by the sun, by the power of Jesus Christ. As light comes to the eye, joy to the heart, may you dwell forever with me as my husband until death parts us asunder.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald said that love is the beginning and end of everything. I love you, my husband, now at the beginning of our lives just as I will at the end, from today and tomorrow to every day.
- Because of you I understand the true meaning of love—it is patience when I won’t admit I’m wrong, it is tenderness when I am weepy, it is kindness when I need it. It is a belief that our futures are forever entwined. I love you and always will.
- The path of love isn’t always straight, or smooth, or without peril. I vow to walk this life with you arm in arm as your husband, to be your support when you falter and to lean on you in times of trouble and to never, ever let you go.
- Just as this ring is made of purest gold and just as its circle is unbroken, so my love for you will be pure and incorruptible. In this ring is the symbol of my love as your husband.
- My days are brighter than morning air, evergreen pine and autumn blue, but all my days are twice as fair, if I could share my days with you. My nights are warmer than fire coals, incense and stars and smoke bamboo. But nights were warm beyond compare if I could share my nights with you. To dance in my dreams to shine when I need the sun with you – to hold me when dreams are done. My dearest love, if you will take my love then all my dreams are truly begun. And time weaves ribbons of memory to sweeten life when youth is through, but I would need no memories there if I could share my life with you. – from “With You” by Stephen Schwartz (Pippin)
- I long to live together and love together and rejoice in the small things, eating pancakes on a lazy Saturday, a kiss on the knee, a crossword puzzle clue, each one is an expression of my love for you, my wife.
- When you walk through a storm I will be your umbrella, if it is dark I will be your light to lead the way, and when we reach the golden sky of day, at the end of the storm, I will be the arms to hold you—as your loving husband.
- I promise to love you honestly—to value our differences as well as our similarities, to enter into our life with my eyes open and my heart full, and to take you as you are if you will take me—with my flaws and all, as your loving husband.
- You have been my friend, my girlfriend, my fiancé, and now my wife. You are all those things and more—you are my love, my dream, and my devotion—no matter the name, you are my everything.
- We may not understand the universe, why our blood pumps, or how our brains function, there are so many things we cannot understand, but I do know that there is something more to life—something magical, something awe-inspiring, because you have agreed to be my wife. This means that miracles are real. Angels are real. I cannot wait to start my life of amazement with you.
- I promise to let things be imperfect, to trust that you love me, and to never lose sight of that, even in my darkest hour, I know you, my wife, will be my light.
- The bonds of marriage are freeing, when it is you that I am joined to, for all my days to feel the warmth of your skin, the tenderness of your kiss, and to hold you always as my wife.
- It’s exciting to think just how much more there is to learn about each other, about life, about the journey of being together—I vow to stand by your side at every twist and turn, and to kiss you on your hair and tell you, we will be okay, we will be exalted, we will be forever.
- I can’t imagine my life without you—a New Year’s without kissing you at midnight, a birthday without you to help me wish by blowing out the candles—I can’t imagine anything without you and I don’t want to.
- Promises are fleeting—they reflect what we think we know—but I promise you I know nothing except that I love you and along with words, I will love with deeds. I make no promises today, except that my everyday is a promise to be with you as my wife and though we cannot know what we will face in our lives together, we know that we will face it together.
- For you, my wife, I promise not to let the details of life restrain us, not to let darkness overshadow us, to assuage guilt with pleasure, to fill silence with laughter, and to look forward to my every day with you.
- I know that you are beyond knowing, I know that your every move delights and entrances me, I know I will learn from you everyday. I may not know everything, but with this love—I will tell you my truth as I understand it and will make that truth known to you every day of our lives.
- In the words of the poet, Rumi: “I do not exist, am not an entity in this world or the next, did not descend from Adam or Eve or any origin story. My place is placeless, a trace of the traceless. Neither body or soul. I belong to the beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being.”
- In the words of Pablo Neruda: “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I do not exist, nor you.”
- I offer myself to you as I am, all my flaws and all my strengths, safe in the knowledge that you complement me perfectly, will raise me up when I am weary, and allow me to take you by the hand when you need to be ushered through darkness. I trust in you and in us completely.
- Saying a vow is only words to say love, honor, compassion, can be false, but our love is in our deeds. As we solidify our union with a kiss, with the traditions of our families and promise in front of all of our friends, we give action to our words. I will love you, honor you and cherish you above all others for all our life.
- I am not promising it will be easy—nothing worthwhile ever is—I am not promising it will be perfect, as perfection is fantasy and we are here as real as can be. All I promise is I will be with you, by your side supporting you when I can, trusting in your support when I falter, for all our lives.
- As we take each other’s hands, let the intertwining of our fingers be a symbol of our conjoined life as we walk together hand in hand from now until the end of our days.
- Let us love each other deeply, forever and be lost in each other’s arms. Let’s make a vow to entreat each other to share, to always be side by side, and to face the world unassailable, as husband and wife.
- There will never be a love as true as the one I bear for you until the end of our lives. We live together in God’s glory and will meet again to be joined in the Holy Spirit after our time on this world shall end.
- I cannot say I forsake all others in love. I love my family, I love our friends, I will love our children, but I love you above all others, with a passion and fire that will never be quenched and burns brightly so that all around can see how much I burn for you.
- I will dream with you – be your supporter – be your wife – to be your guide when you need to find light in darkness, and to reach for your hand, trusting it will be there when I need to find purchase in the night – be your companion on this journey of ours and to love for all time.
- Pablo Neruda writes, “I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I does not exist, nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.”
- I quote the great Dr. Seuss who said, “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” So, let’s be weird together—forever.
- When George Eliot wrote of souls he said, “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life…to strengthen each other…to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” As we join together, we are stronger for it and our love speaks volumes, even in silence.
- Tolstoy wrote of two lovers—of a man that he did not know where he ended and his beloved began. This is how I love you—unceasingly and conjoined in expectation as we become one.
- For many, today was an ordinary day—they got up, made pancakes, read the paper. Babies were born and dogs barked. For us, however, we are making a vow—one people have made for centuries, and we make it today—to love each other. It’s a promise with great precedent, but our love is unique, because our souls are like no other. Today is unique because today I marry my best friend and pledge myself to her.
- I look forward to coming home every day to tell you about what happened, to sit with you in the evening holding hands, and to go to sleep and dream of you.
- You are my best friend, my partner in crime. The one who inspires me to be the best version of myself and believes in me more than I believe in myself. Today I promise you to always do the same and more, for as long as we both shall live.
- Dream with me—kiss me in the morning, take my hand, run with me, sustain me, amaze me, be my husband all day and kiss me goodnight so we can dream together of love—every day of our lives.
- I love you to have the patience that love demands, to give myself to you wholeheartedly and to have trust in you and our love. I promise to be the loyalest of friends, to be the strongest teammate when you need it and to encourage and support your every dream.
- I promise that our love will be the greatest adventure of our lives. I promise to never let go of our spark and to love you for the rest of my life. To hold you when times get tough and to always celebrate your successes.
Unique wedding vows will always give your ceremony a personal touch and allow you the freedom to express your love for one another in your own way. Once you’ve selected your perfect wedding vows, you’re ready to say “I do.”