There are no shortage of wedding trends to explore when planning. From creative dessert spreads to elaborate photo booths, the modern day wedding is full of fun breaks from tradition. One of those new trends is the wedding hashtag. With guests eager to share in your big day, many couples encourage using a custom wedding hashtag when posting on social media during the celebration.
Usually the hashtag is a play on the couple’s names or a creative turn of phrase, but if you’re at a loss for what your hashtag should be we’re here to help!
Wedding Hashtag Generator
Answer a few quick questions about yourself, your fiancé and your wedding date and the generator will create a wedding hashtag as unique as your relationship. Once you’ve found your hashtag, share it on your wedding invitations and other reception details. Happy tagging!
Find your wedding hashtag
Already have a hashtag idea? Enter your desired hashtag below and we will provide links so you can check availability on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Wedding Hashtag Ideas + Tips
You may be wondering, “how do I make my own wedding hashtag?” Don’t worry, here are a couple of simple tips to create a unique and fun hashtag. When brainstorming your hashtag:
- Make sure it isn’t taken already, if you are set on one that is taken try adding numbers, dashes or other symbols to it to make it work.
- Capitalize each separate word so it can be read clearly.
- Steer clear of words that are easily misspelled, if the last name you want to use is super long then try a nickname or cute abbreviation.
- Get punny and creative—everyone loves a good play on words.
- Pull inspiration from popular phrases or pop culture to find a creative hashtag that works with your name(s).
- Have others read your hashtag out loud to make sure it comes across clearly.
Some people come up with a great hashtag and never truly utilize it to its full potential. Here are some tips to weave your hashtag into your wedding once you’ve picked the perfect one:
- Start using your hashtag on every wedding related social media post you make so people will start to recognize it.
- Include your hashtag on your wedding website, save the date and wedding invitation, if your invites aren’t formal.
- Some couples like to include their hashtag as a engagement photo prop.
- Utilize your hashtag in the events leading up to your wedding like the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelor and bachelorette party.
- On the day of, display your hashtag on cocktail napkins, chalkboards and as a photo booth prop.
Wedding Hashtag Examples A–Z
In addition to the generated hashtags above, romantic adjectives and verbs make for great and unique hashtags. Catchy hashtags can be created with alliteration, rhyming and combining words and names.
- At last (ex: #AlvarezAtLast)
- Betrothed (ex: #BeamanBetrothed)
- Bewitched (ex: #BewitchedByBearden)
- Captivated (ex: #CaptivatedByKaplan)
- Charmed (ex: #ChadwickCharmed)
- Crazy about (ex: #CrazyAboutCrawford)
- Dreaming (ex: #CalantoniDreaming)
- Enamored (ex: #EnamoredWithEisenberg)
- Enchanted (ex: #EnchatedByEncallado)
- Fond (ex: #FondOfFong)
- Forever (ex: #ForeverFaheem)
- Finally (ex: #FinallyFreeman)
- Happily Ever After (ex: #HappilyEverCarter)
- Head Over Heels (ex: #HeadOverHeelsForHuan)
- Hooked On (ex: #HookedOnFontaine)
- Hot For (ex: #HotForHogan)
- Infatuated (ex: #InfatuatedWithIngram)
- Lovestruck (ex: #LarsonLovestruck)
- Loving (ex: #LovingLachman)
- Married (ex: #MarinelloMarried)
- Meet the (ex: #MeetTheNelsons)
- Off The Market (ex: #OakmanOffTheMarket)
- Over The Moon (ex: #OverTheMoonForMendoza)
- Smitten (ex: #SmittenForSchmidt)
- Sweet on (ex: #SweetOnSwainey)
- Taken (ex: #TheTaylorsAreTaken)
- Tie The Knot (ex: #TreyAndMiaTieTheKnot)
- Under the Spell (ex: #UnderTheSpellOfUhlrich)
- Wooing (ex: #WooingWadeson)
Your wedding hashtag is an efficient way to keep track of all the photos that your bridal party and guests take along the journey. A great way to remember these social media photos is in a custom photo book, you can include the captions and comments that your loved ones wrote and keep them in one convenient place. At the end of the day, don’t stress about how clever or unique your hashtag is—it’s all about capturing your memories!