Wedding Hashtag GeneratorAnswer a few quick questions about yourself, your fiancé, and your wedding date and Shutterfly’s wedding hashtag generator will create a hashtag as unique as your relationship. Once you’ve found your perfect hashtag, add it to your wedding invite, napkins, menus, and other wedding materials. Happy tagging!
Find your wedding hashtag
Already have a hashtag idea? Enter your desired hashtag below and we will provide links so you can check availability on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Wedding Hashtag Ideas + Tips
You may be wondering, “how do I make my own wedding hashtag?” or “how do I cleverly combine my significant other’s name and mine to make it sound memorable?” Don’t worry, here are a couple of simple tips to create unique and fun hashtags for weddings. Think about the details you want to include in your hashtag to make it memorable for not only your wedding day but the days directly thereafter after as your friends and family look through all the great photos on their phone. When brainstorming your hashtag:
- Make sure it isn’t taken already; if you’re set on one that is taken, try adding numbers, dashes, or other symbols to it to make it unique.
- Capitalize each separate word so it can be read clearly.
- Steer clear of words that are easily misspelled; if the last name you want to use is a bit on the long side, try a nickname or cute abbreviation.
- Get punny and creative—everyone loves a good play on words.
- Pull inspiration from popular phrases or pop culture to find a creative wedding hashtag that works with your name(s).
- Have others read your hashtag out loud to make sure it comes across clearly.
- Make it personal; these hashtags are a representation of you and your partner coming together on your special day.
- Make it memorable; guests will gravitate more towards unique hashtags than they will generic ones.
- Don’t make the hashtag too long; instead, design wedding hashtags that fit easily on day-of wedding decor like napkins and menus.
How To Share Your Wedding HashtagSome people come up with great hashtags for weddings but never truly utilize them to their full potential. You’ll want to make guests aware of your hashtag before the wedding day—the more they see it, the more likely they are to remember to use it when the time comes. Tell your wedding party, put it on your wedding invites, and of course, your wedding website. Above all, though, it’s important to create reminders about your wedding hashtag for the day of your ceremony and reception. Add it to wedding napkins, programs, menus, place cards, selfie frames, and more for maximum exposure. Here are some tips to weave your hashtag into your wedding once you’ve picked the perfect one:
- Start using your wedding hashtag on every wedding-related social media post you make so people will start to recognize it.
- Include your hashtag on your wedding website and wedding stationery.
- Some couples like to include their hashtag as an engagement photo prop.
- Use your hashtag in the events leading up to your wedding, including your engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette party, and bachelor party.
- Add your wedding hashtag to your personalized wedding party gifts and favors.
- On the day of, display your hashtag on cocktail napkins, chalkboards, and as a photo booth prop.
- Add this special hashtag to your wedding guestbook, custom wedding photo books, thank you cards, and more to commemorate your special day.
Wedding Hashtag Examples A–Z
In addition to the generated hashtags above, romantic adjectives and verbs make for great and unique hashtags. Catchy hashtags can be created with alliteration, rhyming and combining words and names. No matter the combination, you and your guests will love using this hashtag to celebrate your special day.
- At last (ex: #AlvarezAtLast)
- Betrothed (ex: #BeamanBetrothed)
- Bewitched (ex: #BewitchedByBearden)
- Captivated (ex: #CaptivatedByKaplan)
- Charmed (ex: #ChadwickCharmed)
- Cheers to (ex: #CheersToErinAndBarry)
- Crazy about (ex: #CrazyAboutCrawford)
- Dreaming (ex: #CalantoniDreaming)
- Enamored (ex: #EnamoredWithEisenberg)
- Enchanted (ex: #EnchantedByEncallado)
- Fond (ex: #FondOfFong)
- Forever (ex: #ForeverFaheem)
- Finally (ex: #FinallyFreeman)
- Finally Hitched (ex: #GregAndJenniferFinallyHitched)
- Get Wed (ex:#LiamAndOliviaGetWed)
- Happily (#HappilyTheHanks)
- Happily Ever After (ex: #HappilyEverCarter)
- Head Over Heels (ex: #HeadOverHeelsForHuan)
- Hooked On (ex: #HookedOnFontaine)
- Hot For (ex: #HotForHogan)
- Infatuated (ex: #InfatuatedWithIngram)
- Lovestruck (ex: #LarsonLovestruck)
- Loving (ex: #LovingLachman)
- Married (ex: #MarinelloMarried)
- Meet the (ex: #MeetTheNelsons)
- Off The Market (ex: #OakmanOffTheMarket)
- Over The Moon (ex: #OverTheMoonForMendoza)
- Officially(ex: #OfficiallyMrAndMrs, #OfficiallyMrAndMrsSmith)
- Sealed The Deal (#NoahAndEmmaSealedTheDeal)
- Smitten (ex: #SmittenForSchmidt)
- Sweet on (ex: #SweetOnSwainey)
- Squared (ex: WilliamsSquared)
- Taken (ex: #TheTaylorsAreTaken)
- Tie The Knot (ex: #TreyAndMiaTieTheKnot)
- Under the Spell (ex: #UnderTheSpellOfUhlrich)
- Wooing (ex: #WooingWadeson)
A excellent way to create your wedding hashtag is by incorporating things that are meaningful in your relationship. By leaning into the nature of your relationship in the creation of a unique wedding hashtag, you’ll land on something significant, amusing, and memorable. Consider a play on words by combining your names and your wedding date, or, if your relationship began long distance, something that references those early days or the path your relationship took to get to marriage. Take a look at these great examples:
- #NoahAndEmma2023 – Combining both of your names and your wedding year.
- #TennyBecomeOne – Combining different parts of your names to create one new name (Thomas & Jenny).
- #1576MilesLater – For couples who’ve been separated by many miles for part of their relationship.
- #FromCAToTX – Incorporating the states you lived in while dating.
- #EE4Ever2023 – Use the first letter of your names and add a date, as this will reduce the chances of the wedding hashtag being used by other couples.
Create a Memorable Wedding Hashtag Everyone Will Love
Your wedding hashtag is a clever and efficient way to keep track of all the photos that your bridal party and guests take along the journey. At the end of the day, don’t stress about how clever or unique your hashtag is—it’s all about capturing your memories with family, friends, and getting to marry the love of your life.
Additional Wedding Resources: