There are no shortage of wedding trends to explore when planning. From creative dessert spreads to elaborate photo booths, the modern-day wedding is full of fun breaks from tradition. One of those new trends is the wedding hashtag. With guests eager to share in your big day, many couples encourage using a custom wedding hashtag when posting on social media during the celebration. Usually, the hashtag is a play on the couple’s names or a creative turn of phrase, but if you’re at a loss for what your hashtag should be we’re here to help. Be sure to include your personalized hashtag on your custom wedding invitation, wedding photo albums, and personalized wedding keepsakes. Utilize our creative wedding hashtag generator to make your perfect wedding hashtag for your special day.
Wedding Hashtag Generator
Answer a few quick questions about yourself, your fiancé and your wedding date and the generator will create a wedding hashtag as unique as your relationship. Once you’ve found your hashtag, share it on your wedding invitations and other reception details. Happy tagging!
Find your wedding hashtag
Already have a hashtag idea? Enter your desired hashtag below and we will provide links so you can check availability on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Wedding Hashtag Ideas + Tips
You may be wondering, “how do I make my own wedding hashtag?” Don’t worry, here are a couple of simple tips to create a unique and fun hashtag. When brainstorming your hashtag:
- Make sure it isn’t taken already, if you are set on one that is taken try adding numbers, dashes or other symbols to it to make it work.
- Capitalize each separate word so it can be read clearly.
- Steer clear of words that are easily misspelled, if the last name you want to use is super long then try a nickname or cute abbreviation.
- Get punny and creative—everyone loves a good play on words.
- Pull inspiration from popular phrases or pop culture to find a creative hashtag that works with your name(s).
- Have others read your hashtag out loud to make sure it comes across clearly.
- Make it personal- these hashtags are a representation of you and your partner coming together on your special day.
- Make it memorable- guests will gravitate more towards unique hashtags than generic ones.
- Don’t make the hashtag too long- make these hashtags fit easily on wedding decor, in addition, the wedding hashtag might have a typo if its too long.
Some people come up with a great hashtag and never truly utilize it to its full potential. Here are some tips to weave your hashtag into your wedding once you’ve picked the perfect one:
- Start using your hashtag on every wedding related social media post you make so people will start to recognize it.
- Include your hashtag on your wedding website, save the date and wedding invitation, if your invites aren’t formal.
- Some couples like to include their hashtag as a engagement photo prop.
- Utilize your hashtag in the events leading up to your wedding like the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelor and bachelorette party.
- On the day of, display your hashtag on cocktail napkins, chalkboards and as a photo booth prop.
- Use this special hashtag for all of your wedding guestbooks, custom wedding photo books and more to commemorate your special day.
Wedding Hashtag Examples A–Z
In addition to the generated hashtags above, romantic adjectives and verbs make for great and unique hashtags. Catchy hashtags can be created with alliteration, rhyming and combining words and names.
- At last (ex: #AlvarezAtLast)
- Betrothed (ex: #BeamanBetrothed)
- Bewitched (ex: #BewitchedByBearden)
- Captivated (ex: #CaptivatedByKaplan)
- Charmed (ex: #ChadwickCharmed)
- Cheers to (ex: #CheersToErinAndBarry)
- Crazy about (ex: #CrazyAboutCrawford)
- Dreaming (ex: #CalantoniDreaming)
- Enamored (ex: #EnamoredWithEisenberg)
- Enchanted (ex: #EnchantedByEncallado)
- Fond (ex: #FondOfFong)
- Forever (ex: #ForeverFaheem)
- Finally (ex: #FinallyFreeman)
- Finally Hitched (ex: #GregAndJenniferFinallyHitched)
- Get Wed (ex:#LiamAndOliviaGetWed)
- Happily (#HappilyTheHanks)
- Happily Ever After (ex: #HappilyEverCarter)
- Head Over Heels (ex: #HeadOverHeelsForHuan)
- Hooked On (ex: #HookedOnFontaine)
- Hot For (ex: #HotForHogan)
- Infatuated (ex: #InfatuatedWithIngram)
- Lovestruck (ex: #LarsonLovestruck)
- Loving (ex: #LovingLachman)
- Married (ex: #MarinelloMarried)
- Meet the (ex: #MeetTheNelsons)
- Off The Market (ex: #OakmanOffTheMarket)
- Over The Moon (ex: #OverTheMoonForMendoza)
- Officially(ex: #OfficiallyMrAndMrs, #OfficiallyMrAndMrsSmith)
- Sealed The Deal (#NoahAndEmmaSealedTheDeal)
- Smitten (ex: #SmittenForSchmidt)
- Sweet on (ex: #SweetOnSwainey)
- Squared (ex: WilliamsSquared)
- Taken (ex: #TheTaylorsAreTaken)
- Tie The Knot (ex: #TreyAndMiaTieTheKnot)
- Under the Spell (ex: #UnderTheSpellOfUhlrich)
- Wooing (ex: #WooingWadeson)
A excellent way in creating your wedding hashtag is to incorporate things that are meaningful within your relationship. These unique hashtags will be easy to come up with and will play an important role in the use of the wedding hashtags in your wedding decorations. Whether it’s a play on words with combining your names and wedding date or if you started out your relationship long distance, these wedding hashtags will be a memorable part of capturing your wedding day.
- #NoahAndEmma2021 – Combining both your names and your wedding year.
- #TennyBecomeOne – Combining different parts of your names to create one new name (Thomas & Jenny).
- #1576MilesLater – For couples who’ve spent long distances apart.
- #FromCAToTX – Incorporating the states where you lived in while dating.
- #EE4Ever2021 – Use the first letter of your names and add a date, this will reduce the chances of the wedding hashtag being used more than once.
Your wedding hashtag is an efficient way to keep track of all the photos that your bridal party and guests take along the journey. A great way to remember these social media photos is in a custom wedding album, you can include the captions and comments that your loved ones wrote and keep them in one convenient place. At the end of the day, don’t stress about how clever or unique your hashtag is—it’s all about capturing your memories!
Additional Wedding Resources: