Say congratulations with a thoughtful message that shows how proud you are. Whether you’re congratulating a friend on a new job or a loved one on their new baby, share words that reflect your sentiment. A congratulations message can be short and sweet or long and heartfelt. You can tailor your message however you see fit as long as you acknowledge the recipient’s accomplishment or milestone. We’ve provided a few congratulations messages below to help you complete your congratulations card.
- What to Write in a Congratulations Card
- General Congratulations Messages
- Congratulations On Your New Home Messages
- Congratulations on Your New Job Messages
- Graduation Congratulations Messages
- Wedding Congratulations Messages
- New Baby Congratulations Messages
If you have a writer’s block, we’ve provided helpful tips below to make your congratulations card easier to write.
- Say congratulations! Begin your card by congratulating the recipient on their hard work and achievement.
- Write how proud you are and what you’re proud of. Let the recipient know why you’re proud of them and acknowledge their exact accomplishment. This is the portion of the card where you can share a special message.
- Send well wishes. Offer well wishes for the recipient’s future and new chapter. You can be specific or generally wish them a bright future.
- End with a warm closing. Complete your card with a warm sign-off.
General Congratulations Messages and Words of Congratulation
Although you’ll want to personalize your card, you can start with a simple congratulations message. Here are a few messages that can be paired together or added onto a personalized message of your own to save some time:
- “Congratulations to you, and wishing you even more success in the future.”
- “I couldn’t be happier for you, or more proud. Congratulations.”
- “When everyone else said it couldn’t be done, you showed the opposite to be true. So proud of you.”
- “Enjoy the success you have worked so hard to achieve. Great job!”
- “Success didn’t happen overnight. Your dedication and hard work has really paid off! Congratulations!”
- “Congratulations, to you and best of luck to you in the future!”
- “With so much excitement and happiness for you, congratulations!
If a friend or family member has recently moved into a new home and you’re hoping to find the right words to congratulate them look below! You may just find the perfect words to wish them well in their new place.
- “Congratulations on your new home! I hope that it becomes everything you imagined it could be!”
- “Congratulations! May this new house become a forever home!”
- “I can’t wait for all the memories you’ll make in this new home of yours. Congratulations and best of luck!”
- “Congratulations on such an incredible new place! I can’t wait to visit!”
- “May your new home bring you lots of happiness in the coming years. Congratulations!”
- “What an exciting new adventure you’ve begun with your family! May your new home be all that you wanted. Congrats!”
- “Wishing you and your family all the best as you turn your new house into a loving, beautiful home.”
- “I can’t believe how amazing your new home is! Can’t wait to visit in the next year! Congratulations!”
Congratulations on Your New Job Messages
Whether you’re congratulating a co-worker or wishing a friend congratulations on their new job, a simple message that sums up this exciting time in their life can help cheer them on.
- “Lots of celebrating and lots of congratulating are definitely in order. Wishing you success on your new job!”
- “Congratulations On Your New Job! Wishing you all of the best for a brighter tomorrow! You totally deserve it!”
- “This position was truly made for you. Congratulations on finding such a perfect opportunity.”
- “You’re on your way to great things, and we wish you the best, today and always.”
- “I heard you got the job you’ve always wanted. Cheers to your continued success!”
- “While we’ll miss your valuable contributions and dedication, I am so glad you got a new job that excites you.”
Graduation Congratulations Messages
Congratulate the graduate on their achievements in education by acknowledging how hard they’ve worked. You can also send them well wishes for a successful future as they take the next step in their career. Visit our guide on graduation messages and wishes for more inspiration to complete your graduation card.
- “You met the challenge with determination, strength, and total confidence! Congrats!”
- “I am confident that your education will be an important key to unlocking doors to your potential. You are already a success.”
- “Congrats grad! Shoot for the moon because even if you miss it, you will land amongst the stars.”
- “We are so proud that you are a graduate now. Congratulations dear!”
- “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “You’ll always remember this day and so will all of us who were here cheering you on. Congratulations and best of luck to you always!”
Wedding Congratulations Messages
Congratulating the newly married couple is an important gesture in letting your wedding wishes be known. Here are a few examples of messages you can write in your wedding congratulations card for the happy couple. You can also add onto your wedding message with our guide on what to write in a wedding card.
- “Of all the big life events we’ve celebrated over the years, today tops the list. Congrats!”
- “I’m/we’re so thrilled to celebrate this wonderful day with you both.”
- “It’s such an honor to witness your vows and be among those to wish you a beautiful beginning. Congrats!”
- “May the love and happiness you feel today shine through the years. Congratulations on your wedding day!”
- “If ever two people deserved a sweet, meaningful, joyful wedding day, it’s the two of you. Congratulations on your new journey together!”
- “I believe that world exists only due to love and loving people. And you’re the most beautiful example of it. Congratulations on the wedding!”
Congratulate mom and dad on their newest addition with a sweet congratulatory message. You can congratulate them on the safe arrival of their new baby or just let them know how excited you are. Here are a few new baby messages below. You can also reference our list of baby wishes, new mom quotes, and our guide on what to write in a baby shower card for more inspiration.
- “Babies are miracles. Congratulations on your little miracle.”
- “Congratulations to Mama and Papa Bear. Baby Bear seems just right!”
- “We’re happy to be able to share this exciting time with you as your family grows!”
- “Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Wishing you and your newborn many years of good health, love, and happiness.”
- “Congratulations on the safe arrival of your newest family member! May babyhood be filled with lots of joy and make for lots of wonderful memories.”
- “Congratulations on the beautiful new addition to your family. May you all be blessed with good health and happiness.”
Resources Related to What To Write In A Congratulations Card
The goal of any congratulations message is to make the recipient feel good about their accomplishments. Whether you write a short or long message, always remember to say congratulations and let the recipient know you’re proud. And if you liked this resource on what to write in a congratulations card and you’re looking for similar content, make sure to check out the resources below.