Most mothers agree that becoming a new Mom can be the most exciting and the most terrifying adventure you’ll have in life. As you bring new life into the world, you’ll be faced with plenty of challenges – but it ‘ll be all be worth it in the end. From your baby’s first smile to the moment they open their eyes, the love you’ll have for your baby is endless. So if you’re looking for new mom quotes to help prepare you for the experience to come, or you need special messages to add to your baby shower invitations, we’ve got you covered. Check out our favorite new mom quotes below.
- Maternity Quotes and Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
- Mommy To Be Quotes And Sayings
- Having A Baby Quotes
- First Time Mom Quotes
- Words Of Encouragement For Mothers
- New Mom Quotes Funny
Maternity Quotes and Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
The following quotes highlight the gift of carrying life. Whether you’re having a particularly hard day of maternity or you’re looking for inspirational quotes for your baby shower messages, these quotes are perfect.
- “I begin to love this little creature, and to anticipate his birth as a fresh twist to a know which I do not wish to unite.” – Mary Wollstonecraft
- “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “The biggest surprise, which is also the best, is that I didn’t know I would love motherhood as much as I do.” – Deborah Norville
- “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside; when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” – Unknown
Mommy To Be Quotes And Sayings
The following mommy to be quotes and sayings are perfect additions to birth announcements or messages for a baby book.
- “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” – Amy Tan
- “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.” – Pamela S. Nadav
- “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra C. Kassis
- “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – Maria Shriver
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” – Jessica Lange
- “A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born.” – Lisa Jo Baker
- “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” – Sarah Josepha Hale
Having A Baby Quotes
These having a baby quotes are both realistic and inspirational. Read them below and save your favorites for a rainy day.
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.” – Mary Mason
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
- “I like to think of motherhood as a great big adventure. You set off on a journey, you don’t really know how to navigate things, and you don’t exactly know where you’re going or how you’re going to get there.” – Cynthia Rowley
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves.” – Charles Stanley
- “A miracle is really the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth. It’s unbelievable how God has made us women and babies to endure and be able to do so much. A miracle, indeed. Such an incredible blessing.” – Jennie Finch
First Time Mom Quotes
Make something extra special for the new mom in your life by pairing one of the following first time mom quotes with a shadow box that she can keep mementos in.
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
- “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
- “Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment.” – Anita Diamant
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
Words Of Encouragement For Mothers
These words of encouragement for mothers and moms-to-be are perfect to help ease their worry on the tough days. Pairing these quotes with special gifts for mom will help remind her how much she’s appreciated.
- “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” – Lin Yutang
- “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.” – Ani DiFranco
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.” – Unknown
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
New Mom Quotes Funny
The following quotes are as funny as they are true. If you’re looking to pass on humor to a new mom or you just need a good laugh, you’ll love the following:
- “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.” – Emily Perkins
- “The best thing about being a new mom is the lower tolerance from not drinking for nine months.” – Anonymous
- “Rigid plans work best if you’re building a skyscraper; with something as mysteriously human as giving birth, it’s best, both literally and figuratively, to keep your knees bent.” – Mark Sloan
- “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
- “Sleep is like the unicorn—it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” – Unknown
Additional Resources for New Mom Quotes
If you likes our complete list of new mom quotes and you’re looking for more, make sure to check out our favorite new mom gifts and personalized gifts for mom.