Transform your favorite photos into an artistic masterpiece with Shutterfly’s artistic filters. With just a few clicks on our mobile app, you can turn your everyday photos into beautiful pieces of art. Shutterfly’s artistic filters allow you to make creative works of art out of your best memories that you can download to share with friends or print as wall art, home decor, and personalized gifts. Whether you’re turning your selfie into a charcoal drawing or your pet’s cutest portrait into a pastel art piece, you’ll have a blast using these art effects on your photos.
How to Turn Photos into Art
Turning a photo into artwork is simple with the Shutterfly app. All you have to do is use our iPhone or Android device to upload a photo and select the artistic filter that looks best on your image. Follow these instructions to create a one-of-a-kind piece of art out of your own pictures.
- Download the Shutterfly mobile app.
- On the home page of the Shutterfly app, scroll down to the section titled “Turn Memories into Art With Artistic Filters,” and click into it.
- Select a photo from your phone, Shutterfly account, Facebook, Instagram, or Google Photos.
- Choose one of the eight art style filters currently available and click Next at the top right of the screen.
- On the top right of the screen, you can then choose to download your new digital art photo to your device or share it with friends.
- Or, you can select one of our personalized products to further transform your piece of art. Select from options like canvas prints, magnets, mouse pads, and more.
- After selecting a product, you can either add it to your cart and check out immediately, or click the Edit button to customize your product further.
- If you choose to edit your photo, you can then adjust the size, add a frame, adjust the layout and colors, or add text to your design before finalizing the product, adding it to your cart, and checking out.
Art Styles You Can Choose From With Artistic Filters
There are currently eight artistic filter styles available on the Shutterfly app. There are several different mediums to create art from your pictures — pencil, charcoal, chalk, pen, and pastel to name a few. From a soft pastel style to pen and pencil sketch options, you can use these various styles of artistic filters to transform your images into eye-catching pieces of art. These presets make it easy for beginners to take photos of all types and turn them into something unique that’s perfect to hang on your wall or post on social media.
Unique Products to Make With Artistic Filters
After choosing your favorite artistic filter and making your new artwork, you can turn it into a personalized product perfect for decorating your home or to give as a gift. From wall art to Christmas ornaments — there are so many ways you can show off your new favorite photo. Get inspired with these custom home decor and personalized gift options you can use to print your artistic filter photo.
These high-quality wall art pieces are the perfect way to turn your home into an art gallery. Canvas prints have gallery-wrapped edges that creates a finished look from all angles and prints in vivid color that won’t fade. Available in a variety of sizes and frame colors, your new work of art will look great with any style of home decor.
Perfect for your desk at the office or at home, a desktop plaque is a great way to display your favorite memories. Customize a desktop plaque featuring your photo artwork to brighten up your space. Choose from different shapes, stylish backgrounds, and unique layouts to make it stand out. Desktop plaques come with a built-in easel for a horizontal or vertical display on your tabletop or mantle.
Hang your art photo on your fridge, dishwasher, filing cabinet, whiteboard, or inside your locker at school with custom photo magnets. Choose the perfect size for your photo and customize the magnet with a fun layout, background color, or your own unique text.
Printed on our signature cardstock paper, custom art prints are simple way to spruce up your living space. Available with and without a frame, art prints also make great personalized gifts for your loved ones for birthdays and holidays.
Easy to hang and re-arrange, custom stickable photo tiles are great wall art styles because they don’t require any tools to hang. So if you’re in a dorm room or apartment and want to hang your photo art without causing any damage to the walls, photo tiles are the perfect option.
Keep your new piece of art close to you while you’re working with a custom mouse pad that displays your one-of-a-kind creation.
Metal Christmas Ornaments
Get ready for the holidays with a personalized metal Christmas ornament made with your own photos. Turn your photos into artwork that works perfectly on an ornament. Hang it on your own tree or give it to a loved one as a personalized Christmas gift.
Resources Related to Turning Photos into Art
Along with the Shutterfly mobile app’s artistic filter option, there are more ways to transform your favorite photos into unique pieces of art, gifts, and decor. Check out these available options: