Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018
Now that your bridal shower is over, the confetti has fallen and gifts are lying every which way you turn, it’s time to show some gratitude to those who made your special day possible. While you were able to take a break from all of the wedding planning chaos, your maid of honor, bridesmaids, Mom and close friends got to experience a little taste. Between solidifying the décor details and selecting fun bridal shower activities, your planning committee put in the work to host a successful bridal shower fit just for you. Whether your countdown to Mrs. consisted of an intimate bridal brunch or an elegant themed soirée, one thing that’s for certain is that your inner circle worked hard to plan the ultimate celebration for you and they deserve proper recognition. In addition to thanking those that did all the party planning, it’s also customary to convey your gratitude towards friends and family that attended your shower and were a part of your special day.
Although it’s not always easy to keep track of the gifts you receive and who got you what, it is important to send your thanks. Some questions are sure to to arise while you are crafting your post-shower thank you’s. Don’t panic, the good news is you’re not alone. Sharing your gratitude to each and every guest who had a special part in your festivities can make you feel like you need to craft thank you card wording of the same caliber. So, what makes up the perfect message?
If you keep these ideas and suggested guidelines in mind you should be well on your way to crafting the perfect bridal shower thank you notes.
What to Write in a Bridal Shower Thank You Card
The most important thing to consider when you sit down with a blank stack of thank you cards is that you want your messages to be personalized and sincere. The goal of a bridal shower thank you card is to make a lasting impression on all of those that were a part of the celebrations. Everyone likes to feel appreciated and a little thank you note can really go a long way. Use these simple instructions for determining what to write in a bridal shower thank you card.
- Start with a personalized introduction. A generic greeting isn’t going to suffice. Address the recipient by name at the beginning of your card. Your bridal shower guests are made up of your closest friends and inner circle so don’t be afraid to use nicknames either.
- Thank them. Go ahead and jump right into showing your gratitude by saying thank you, arguably the two most important words of the card. It’s easy to get hung up on what to say, but when it comes down to it start off by saying what it is you’re thankful for. This part of the note is where you can be extra genuine, sincere and specific. Thank your guests for spending the day with you if they were able to make it to your bridal bash. If they weren’t able to make it to the celebration, thank them for their well wishes and let them know how much you wish they could have made it. No matter what, just keep your greeting positive! Crafting each thank you card is going to be a different experience for each guest, as it should be. No matter what the situation though, you’ll want to make it clear that you cherish your relationship during this exciting time in your life. If you find yourself constantly thinking of a sweet moment during the shower that the two of you shared go ahead and communicate that in your thank you. It will not only serve as a sweet walk down memory lane for you, but will also communicate to the recipient just how much you care.
- Mention the gifts and how you plan to use them. The gifts you receive at your bridal shower should be mentioned in your thank you notes, no matter how big or small. Iterate how this gift will fit into your life, how you and your fiancé will put it to use or how much it touched your heart. It will be easy for you to go on and on about gifts you love. On the other hand, when it comes to the gifts you may not be too fond of don’t forget that the intention behind the gift is still the same. Keep in mind that it’s the thought that counts.
- End with a warm closing. In your last few words reiterate your appreciation for this person and end on a forward looking note. Whether you touch on how you’re going to celebrate your final days being single, your wedding day or beyond, use this last space of the card to let them know about the time you’re looking forward to spending with them in this new chapter of your life.
Bridal Shower Thank You Note Samples
The best thank you notes are the ones crafted from the heart, but it’s not always easy to speak from that place. Even though it can be difficult to get your emotions onto paper, you should always stay away from generic notes. These bridal shower thank you note samples should get you started with the perfect wording ideas and will allow you add your own personal touch leaving you with no questions about what to write in a thank you card for your bridal shower.
Thank You For Host
I can’t express how grateful I am for the beautiful bridal shower you planned, organized and hosted. You truly outdid yourself on the brunch you prepared-it was amazing. It was a perfect day, and none of it would have been possible without you. Spending time with you on my special day was the best gift I could ever receive. Your warmth and generosity will be with me always. Days are counting until the wedding day and I cannot wait to have you by my side. Thanks for being such a huge part in this extraordinary journey. I love you!
All My Love,
[Your Name Here]
Thank You For Attending The Shower
Thank you so much for being at my bridal shower. It meant a lot to have you there seeing as we’ve been friends since high school. I only hope that you enjoyed yourself as we celebrated my new journey into married life! Geez, where does the time go? Thank you so much for your generosity and I can’t wait to see you on the big day!
All The Best,
[Your Name Here]
Thank You For Gift (Did Not Attend)
Thank you for sending wonderful gifts at my bridal shower. I wish with all my heart that you could have been there to celebrate my special day with me, you were truly missed. I am incredibly grateful for the thoughtful gifts you sent Chris and I. I especially love that you remembered that we are huge glass collectors, we have fallen in love with our new set. Thank you so much for your generosity. We’ll have to plan a dinner party soon and put our glasses to use a little early. Looking forward to seeing you wedding day!
[Your Name Here]
Thank You For Gift (Did Attend)
Thank you so much for sharing in my bridal shower. I am thankful for best friends like you to celebrate these special moments with. The best part of the day was probably when we got Grandma in the face with the slice of cake, thanks for your help with that. Your presence was nothing short of incredible and it was really important for me to have you there. I am also grateful for the thoughtful gift you had for me as well. You know that I will keep the memory book close to my heart and look forward to filling it with many more moments to come after married life. Nate and I cannot wait to have you at our wedding. I love you.
[Your Name Here]
Bridal Shower Thank You Card Etiquette
As you are writing and editing your shower thank you notes, use these tips to assure you are staying within proper bridal shower thank you card etiquette.
1. Keep a record of guests who attended shower and the gifts they gave you. This is usually the job of the bridal shower host. Remember that keeping things organized will help you in the long run and make sending thanks a lot easier on you.
2. Find a design that best suits you. Your thank you cards should be a reflection of you and your big day.
3. Order your stationery 2 weeks ahead of the shower. This way they’ll be ready to send out ASAP once the festivities are over.
4. Hand write the thank you notes. Remember to keep things as personalized as possible and nothing adds a special touch quite like a handwritten sentiment.
5. Send Your thank you note within 2 weeks after the bridal shower. You’ll want to send your thanks as soon as you can after the shower, but with your busy wedding planning to-do’s anywhere up to 2 weeks after is acceptable to send your greeting.
6. Use a nice pen and flat surface. You’ll want your shower thank you’s to look as good as the thought you put into the sentiment. Use blue or black ink so your message stands out and craft your thank yous on a flat surface so everything stays nice and tidy.
7. Stay Organized. Keep track of who you have sent a thank you note to and write your thanks as gifts arrive. This will help you lighten your load after the shower and make showing your appreciation just that much easier.
The best part about sharing your appreciation for all of your bridal shower guests is that you get to customize each greeting to your own liking. You can add thank you quotes and even photos from the day of the shower that you adore. Get creative and fancy up the outside of your envelope as well with custom address labels or add a festive touch to the greeting with a personalized rubber stamp. Creating your thank you notes doesn’t have to be a daunting task just remember to follow our guidelines and stay organized when showing your gratitude.