There’s no doubt that you need your best ladies by your side on your wedding day. Your girls have been there for you through thick and thin, and the months leading up to the wedding are a great excuse to get together and celebrate everything you do for one another.
The list of bridesmaid quotes and sayings below hold endless possibilities for surprising your squad. Include a funny bridesmaid quote across personalized bridal party gifts or use a sentimental quote on a prop or backdrop for cute group picture at the bachelorette party.
Check out ways to use these bridesmaid sayings for all your bridesmaid proposal ideas, whether you take the sentimental or completely playful approach to popping the bridal party question.
How to do a Bridesmaid Proposal
Taking on bridesmaid and Maid of Honor duties is a big decision, but your nearest and dearest ladies will be thrilled to tackle them. Still, you want to show your appreciation from the beginning with a customized will you be my bridesmaid gift.
If you’re lucky enough to have your ladies nearby, take them out or invite them over for some champagne. If not, pop a package in the mail with a personalized bridesmaid proposal inside.
To pull off a personal bridesmaid proposal, consider including the following:
- A personalized card that includes a fun quote, a story about your friendship, and the question itself: “Will you be my bridesmaid?”
- A stylish piece of jewelry, glassware or personalized tote that reminds them of this special moment
- Gather a collection of additional items into decorative packaging into a special bridal party proposal theme
- Consider adding touches of tasty treats such as a bottle of bubbly, local baked goods or a collection of special chocolates
- Use one of the 80 quotes below for your card, gift label or for adorning t-shirts, bags and any other bridesmaid swag
Bridesmaid Proposal Quotes
So how do you ask your favorite women to stand by your side on your big day? Use these quotes to pop the question and then celebrate their response with a glass of wine or night out.
- Pop the bubbly, she’s getting a hubby!
- Friends who slay together, stay together.
- He’s marrying me but he’s stuck with us
- I promise, no ruffles or puffy sleeves — will you be my bridesmaid please?
- White dress, lace and pearls but I can’t do it without my girls.
- Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
- I got my rock now I need my flock.
- I need something old, something new, something borrowed, and most importantly… you!
- I can’t say “I do” without you.
- We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
- I have my mister but I can’t do it without my sister.
- You are the sister I got to choose.
- When worst comes to worst, squad comes first.
- Pop the champagne, she’s changing her name!
Funny Bridesmaid Quotes
Bridesmaid quotes with a hint of humor are a great way to laugh with your ladies and set the tone for your bridesmaid proposal celebration. Show off your silliness with these famously comical quotes and sayings about sisterhood, friendship and all your bridesmaid shenanigans.
- “You think your friends have good taste in fashion, until they ask you to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress!”Wendi McLendon-Covey
- “Asking your friend to be a bridesmaid is one of the modern paradoxes: no one actually wants to do it, but everyone would be offended if you didn’t ask.”Mindy Kaling
- We are not your typical bridesmaids, we are your women of awesomeness.
- We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us was the bad influence.
- The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.
- I don’t know what’s tighter, our jeans or our friendship.
- “True friends are the ones who know you but love you anyway.”Edna Buchanan
- Yes, we know how obnoxious we are together. No, we don’t care.
- “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.”Erma Bombeck
- We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
- Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.
- Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected.
- Friendship is when people know all about you but like you anyway.
- Keep calm and get your bachelorette on.
- Time to drink champagne and dance on the table.
- “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.”Sylvia Plath
Sentimental Bridesmaid Quotes
Your bridal party is made up of your nearest and dearest, and finding the right quote can help you articulate what they mean to you. Use these heartfelt quotes to show how much you appreciate your squad standing by you over the years and by recognizing everything they’ve done for you throughout this wedding journey.
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”Amy Poehler
- Side by side or miles apart we are sisters connected by the heart.
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double.”Toni Morrison
- “We all wish there were more Bridesmaids out there.”Gillian Jacobs
- “Good friends are hard to find and impossible to forget.”John Green
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.”Charlotte Gray
- “It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.”J. M. Laurence
- Bridesmaid for a day, but best friend for life.
- “Surround yourself with all those that are the same frequency as you.”Mimi Novic
- “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage.”Doe Zantamata
- “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.”Gina Barreca
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”Eleanor Roosevelt
- “True friendship is as rare as twin lotuses on a single stalk.”Lauren Bjorkman
- Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know that they are there.
- True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” –Mencius
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”Helen Keller
- Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.
- “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” –Faye Hall
- There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship.
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
Cute Bridesmaid Quotes
These cute bridesmaid quotes and sayings create a happy balance between sentiment and playfulness, they are perfect for giving your ladies a giggle while showing how much you care. They speak of your shared style, adventures and everything that makes up your unconditional friendship.
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”Oprah Winfrey
- Unlike Barbies, me and my girls aren’t sold separately.
- “Bridesmaids are never going to upstage the bride.”Georgina Chapman
- Find your tribe. Love them hard.
- As in cases of wine that improve with age, the oldest friendships ought to be the most delightful.
- Friends bring happiness, my squad brings the wine!
- “Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.”Otto von Bismarck
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”Bernard Meltzer
- “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.”Nicole Richie
- “A happy bridesmaid makes a happy bride.”Alfred Tennyson
- “A sister smiles when one tells stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.”Chris Montaigne
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Fight for you. Respect you. Include you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Stand by you.
- A bridesmaid’s super powers include loyalty, humor, and punctuality.
- “Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.”Charles R Swindoll
Maid of Honor Quotes
Whether your Maid of Honor is your sister, cousin or a lifelong friend, she’ll be there by your side from the proposal to the honeymoon send-off. A good mix of sentimental and silly, these bridal party quotes are a great way to create an extra special message inside a card or gift box.
- “We have been friends together in sunshine and in shade.”Caroline Sheridan Norton
- “A good friend is like a four leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.”Irish Proverb
- “Friends are the family you choose.”Jess C. Scott
- You are the Monica to my Rachel.
- A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.
- A final toast to the single life. Before (bride) becomes a wife.
- “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined… to strengthen each other… to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.”George Eliot
- There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.
- Made of Honor for a Day; Best Friends for Life
- “Storm Sister—a friend who sticks close when storms hit her friend’s life.”Afton Rorvik
- You’ve stood by me through thick and thin and I want you to be there when I marry him.
- True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.
- You all are the ‘she’ to my ‘nanigans.’
- Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
- She said yes, so I did too.
- “Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.”Robin Benway
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.”Isadora James
- We would be the old ladies who’d cause trouble in the nursing homes.
Wedding planning, though complicated at times, is also a great excuse for celebrating with your ladies. Gather your friends together to let loose and proclaim how much your girls mean to you. From proposal gift to final thank you card, use these bridesmaid quotes to show your love with poetry, care and a bit of laughter.