For all that Dad does for you, create unique Father’s Day gifts as a message of thanks and love to show your deepest appreciation. From teaching you life lessons to picking you up when you fall, we all have something to be thankful for when it comes to Dad. Search our gallery of DIY Father’s Day gift ideas that can be made in minutes, personalized to your hearts desire, and still have that handmade gift feel.
Shop Father's Day Gifts
Personalize Father's Day cards and gifts for dad & grandpa
1. Family Photo MugFill Dad’s heart with love every time he fills his mug with coffee or tea. Customize a photo mug with pictures of the family throughout the years to make the perfect gift he can use every day. With his new custom coffee mug, he will think of you each time he goes to take a sip of his favorite beverage. If he likes to display his gifts that come from you, he can use it as decoration to display on the kitchen counter or in a clear cupboard.
2. Custom Wall ArtLooking for a gift that will last forever? Design custom wall art with photos from a family vacation or favorite memory. Canvas prints are a classic option he can hang on the walls at home. Metal prints will offer a sleek and modern look to his office, while wood photo prints will add that rustic look to the family room or entryway. He’ll be proud to display these in his office or at home and arrange them accordingly however he likes. They’ll be sure to remind him of all the fun times you’ve shared together throughout the years.
3. Photo PillowA personalized throw pillow made just for him on his special day is one of the best gift ideas for Father’s Day. When Dad’s outside on the deck or patio, he should have the perfect spot to kick back and relax. Our custom outdoor pillows are comfy, weather resistant, and can be easily personalized with Dad’s most cherished photos from his favorite moments.
4. Custom Mouse PadDuring a long day at the office, Dad can look down and be reminded of his favorite moments with you. With a personalized mouse pad, the special photo and message you add will bring him joy and motivate him throughout his busy work day. This homemade Father’s Day gift idea is a DIY project that will be fun to customize for your dad this year.
5. Glass Picture FrameIf you’re searching for a keepsake gift Dad will have forever, look no further. This uniquely engraved glass photo frame offers you a chance to share one of your most special memories with Dad. Choose a photo from an unforgettable day, like a birthday, anniversary or summer holiday together.
6. Beer Glasses & Custom BarwareWith his favorite beer in hand, Dad can unwind after a day at the office or working around the house in style. Customize pilsner glasses, pint glasses, and beer steins with your choice of lettering, and he’ll think of you every time he uses it. If your dad is more of a wine connoisseur, we also offer a collection of stemless wine glasses you can customize for an easy Father’s Day craft.
7. Kids Artwork GiftsCreate a handmade Father’s Day gift out of your little one’s artwork. Take their favorite art piece or one they made just for Dad, scan it or take a photo of it, and turn it into custom gifts like wall art, photo books, coffee mugs, and more with Shutterfly. Follow our guide on turning kids artwork into gifts for full instructions and inspiration.
8. Custom Garden StoneThrow a dash of love into Dad’s garden. With a custom garden stone, his outdoor world will become a bit brighter. Every time he weeds the flowers or plants the vegetables, he’ll be reminded of you and your thoughtfulness.
9. Personalized iPhone CaseWhen searching for a great gift for the best dad ever, you can create iPhone cases that fit his personality. Add fun photos he’ll enjoy seeing everyday to our custom iPhone templates like those from an afternoon he spent with you at the ballpark, or a photo of him and Mom from a beautiful vacation trip.
10. DIY T-Shirt For DadThe best Father’s Day gifts come from the heart. This DIY t-shirt shows you care about Dad by putting extra time into his special day. Customize it with a fun phrase or his favorite photos to make a Father’s Day gift Dad loves and cherishes for years to come.
11. Photo BlanketOn those cold nights and chilly mornings, Dad will love snuggling up with a blanket designed by you. Customize a photo blanket with family portraits or snapshots from a recent day trip together. He’ll love that this gift is meaningful and practical.
12. Grilling ApronWho’s ready for some summer BBQ? Deck Dad out with a custom apron. He’ll love how he looks in this personalized apron.
13. Photo CandleWe all know dads deserve to relax. With a luxurious scented candle made with essential oils, Dad can unwind at the end of the day. Personalize your DIY Father’s Day gift design with your choice of colors, patterns, and photos.
14. Custom Father’s Day CardPersonalize a Father’s Day card with colorful photos representing a day where you simply spent time together. Whether it was grabbing lunch or going for a walk, memories like that last a lifetime—and mean the world to dads.
15. Cutting BoardIf your dad enjoys grilling on the BBQ or preparing dinner for the whole family, a custom cutting board is a great gift for him this Father’s Day. Turn this into an easy Father’s Day craft by personalizing his with a quote he loves, his monogram, or his name so it’s unique just like he is.
16. Wine Bottle StoppersBreathe extra fun into Dad’s dinner parties with festive wine bottle stoppers you can make one-of-a-kind just for him by adding a photo or his monogram on this simple personalized gift.
17. Metal Wall ArtDesign a metal photo print or metal photo tile for Dad with a photo that represents a special moment—like a family reunion or trip to the mountains. He can hang this at home or in his office, and it will always tell a precious story.
18. Photo CoastersIn the den, living room, office and kitchen, Dad can always use an extra coaster. Why not gift him some with extra meaning? Customize coasters for Dad today, using photos from his favorite vacation spots and local family hangouts.
19. Wall Hook OrganizerPerfect for hanging his hats, ties, and jackets, a wall hook organizer is not only a practical DIY Father’s Day gift idea, but it’s also a great piece of home decor the whole family will appreciate.
20. Photo BookFrom family reunions to Saturday mornings over coffee, every moment is special with Dad. Create a memorable collection of photos with a custom photo book. No doubt he’ll keep this Father’s Day gift forever.
21. Custom Photo PosterLooking for a unique gift that’s easy to make? Design a photo poster with an enlarged family portrait or snapshot. With a range of colors and layouts available, you’ll be able to create something special for Dad this Father’s Day.
22. Photo Gallery CubeWhen those tough days happen, it’s always reassuring to know we are surrounded by love and appreciation. Design a photo cube that will remind Dad of your special times together, like relaxing at the lake or sharing a Thanksgiving meal.
23. Customized MagnetsWhen Dad has something important to place in his office or hang on the kitchen fridge, give him a festive way to do it. Customize photo magnets using memories from a recent hike in the woods or day on the family farm.
Closing Thoughts on DIY Father’s Day GiftsAs you create these wonderful DIY gifts for your dad, remember all that he’s done for you in your life. As a special thank you, you can make these gifts as personalized and one-of-a-kind just for your dad. Your dad will know that you took the time and effort in creating these handmade Father’s Day gifts to celebrate him.