1. Photo BookA photo book is the ultimate DIY gift. Completely versatile from cover to cover, you can make your photo book about anything. Custom photo books made online with Shutterfly are easier to organize and create than a physical scrapbook. For new parents, create a baby photo book filled with touching family moments. If you’re a newlywed surprise your partner with a wedding photo book filled with your favorite memories. If it’s for your bestie, utilize their Instagram account for a book filled with their favorite snaps for a unique gift they will cherish for years to come.
Want a DIY gift but are short on time? Let Shutterfly’s pros design your photo book in less than 24 hours with our Make My Book service. A Shutterfly designer will select your best photos, create your one-of-a-kind photo book in only *24 hours and will email you when it’s ready. Once we have completed your personalized photo book, you will be able to preview and make additional changes if desired before ordering.
*On April 19-20, 2023, the Make My Book Service will add an additional two days to the turnaround time.
2. Photo MugsPack a double pick me up with a personalized mug. For the college grad gearing up for their first job or your nephew who loves hot chocolate, pair a mug with a photo that will make them smile. Complete the gift with a recipe for your favorite hot beverage or a gift card to a local coffee shop. Turn up the fun with color changing photo mugs that will wow your recipient.
3. Custom Cheese BoardHave a friend who loves to host dinner parties? Make a custom cheese board! The cook in your life will love showing their skills on their very own personalized wood cutting board. Budding chef in your kitchen? A custom cutting board engraved with their initials is a wonderful way to encourage their new hobby, and they will beam with pride each time they use this DIY gift designed by you.
4. Photo PuzzlesPuzzles can make a perfect DIY gift for any age—from your niece in elementary school to your grandfather. With the ability to design your custom puzzle you can make it extra special by adding a photo of the last family reunion, their favorite vacation spot or a goofy photo of you. These are the perfect gifts for loved ones of any age and your recipient will treasure this keepsake they can use time and time again.
5. DIY Tote BagsSew a tote bag for carrying books, magazines or crafts. Choose fabric that matches the style of the person you’re gifting it to. Personalized totes are an environmentally-friendly way to get your groceries—but they have many more uses besides shopping! Upload a favorite photo of theirs or add their monogram to make this DIY gift uniquely theirs.
6. Playing CardsAnother timeless pastime, playing cards are perfect for the Poker champ or the casual game night. Pick a photo that matches the spirit of their favorite game, like a playful photo for ‘Go Fish’ lovers or a serene landscape for nights of Texas Hold’em.
7. DIY Birthstone BraceletConstruct a custom bracelet that’s easy, cute, and customizable. Find birthstone beads to incorporate into the jewelry for a personal touch. You can also add more than one photo charm and an initial or birthstone charm.
8. Photo BlanketTo keep cozy on cold winter nights or on hand for an impromptu picnic, these photo blankets are a unique DIY gift. For families, you can make is a collage of action shots from the kid’s favorite sports. Or try it for the college grad by decorating it with photos from Greek life or your study abroad trip.
9. Reusable Shopping BagWhether you’re eco-conscious or looking for a way to upgrade your grocery store shopping, these reusable shopping bags make gifting easy. Turn your DIY bag into a personalized gift basket by including a gift card to a local delicatessen, homemade jams and unique snacks.
10. Personalized Christmas OrnamentsA Christmas ornament makes a wonderful DIY gift for the holidays. This year, design a one-of-a-kind ornament as a DIY Christmas gift for your friends and family members. Add a photo of a special memory that makes them smile like a family vacation, a snapshot of their pet, or a wedding day portrait. Shutterfly offers a range of unique Christmas ornament styles perfect for every recipient from metal and glass to glitter, light-up, and more. Personalized Christmas ornaments make incredible keepsakes that they’ll hold on to for years to come.
11. Decorative Farmhouse SignPersonalized wall art for kitchens, living rooms and bedrooms makes for truly creative gifts. Add a photo of your last family outing as a gentle reminder of how much you love spending time with them. Or add a motivational quote to get them geared up every Monday. Our collection of decorative farmhouse signs make a thoughtful gift for housewarming parties, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day.
12. Personalized NotebookFor a friend who loves to write and jot down memories, design a personalized journal or notebook that they’ll keep close to their heart. Add words and phrases to the cover that will inspire them.
13. MagnetHave a friend or family member who is always in the kitchen? Gift your favorite gourmand with a personalized photo magnet. Include a photo from a recent foodie event, like the neighborhood BBQ they hosted last summer or your annual Thanksgiving feast. Pair your gift with recipe cards or a custom spice blend.
14. DIY Quote PillowCustomize a pillow to fit the style of the person you are gifting it to. Choose a quote that’s uplifting and add photos for a personal touch. Whether your giftee is a decorating pro or needs a little help, a personalized pillow is an easy DIY gift to brighten up a space.
15. Travel DrinkwareShutterfly’s custom water bottles and travel tumblers are as stylish as they are helpful. Give photo water bottles or tumblers as unique DIY gifts your recipient can take with them to work, the gym, airport, and anywhere else. With a personalized travel tumbler or water bottle, they can stay hydrated throughout the day, plus they’re eco-friendly. It’s easy to customize drinkware with Shutterfly that can wonderfully showcase their favorite photos and memories to take with them everywhere they go.
16. Photo CollageCreate a photo collage handmade gift for someone special in your life. With Shutterfly, you can upload and print photos in a range of sizes. A DIY photo collage made of photo prints is the perfect way to wow your loved one. With the Shutterfly app you can get unlimited free 4×4 and 4×6 photo prints that come in the highest quality. This incredible homemade gift showcasing your recipient’s most cherished memories is a gift they will never forget.
17. Custom CalendarOur personalized calendars are great gifts for anybody who needs help organizing their time.. Our collection of easel, desk, and wall calendars are a practical and fun way to brighten someone’s home office space or to keep you on top of your schedule. They come in numerous styles, and you can customize them in any way you like. Upload a funny photo or write a custom message on each month so they’ll smile each time they flip the page.
18. Keepsake Box
Does your recipient have a piece of jewelry or item they just can’t live without? When looking for a thoughtful DIY gift, capture a special memory by turning it into a keepsake box. A keepsake box is a beautiful gift you can use to store your most meaningful mementos and relive those memories every day. Designing your loved one a keepsake box with a special photo or message on the tile lid will make a lasting impression. They’ll love the look and feel of the box and smile every time they open it.