How To Write Halloween InvitationsAfter deciding upon a Halloween party theme that is fitting for your celebration you can then move on to picking out your Halloween party invitations and informing those near and far about your upcoming event.
It can be hard to determine what to write or how to word your Halloween party invitations. Just like any other party invitation, your Halloween invites should fill guests in on all the details. You may be struggling with keeping the invite clever all the while making sure that you lay out all of the party particulars. Keeping things straightforward is key. While drafting your invitations, keep in mind that the last thing you want your invite to do is to confuse your guests.
Just like any other party invitation, your Halloween party invite wording should be made up of three parts: a catchy introduction, the informative details and the RSVP information. Sink your teeth into these seven steps for determining how to write Halloween invitations.
- Start your Halloween invitation off with a few catchy phrases. The beginning of your party invites provide you with the chance to get creative and show off your party’s personality. Make your party-goers smile and look forward to the big day by using a play on words and some catchy Halloween phrases to allude to all of your Halloween party ideas. Get clever, get creative and have fun. Whether your party theme revolves around an Autumn harvest, a monster mash or a murder mystery, it’s a cute idea to add Halloween sayings and phrases to the beginning of your invitation. These fun words will serve as a great way to entice your guests to attend and give your party invitation character unlike any other. Handpick one of the following Halloween styled statements below to create an exciting Halloween party invite unlike any other.
- Lay out all the details. After you’ve had some spooky fun with your introduction and encouraged your guests to come in full Halloween spirit, it’s now time to use your invitation to lay out all of the details for your guests. The only thing worse than forgetting to send out your party invites altogether would be sending them out with the wrong information or sending them out with missing information. For the convenience of your potential attendees, make sure to keep this section of the invitation as straightforward as possible and don’t forget to proofread. Include your party’s most important information with the must-have details below.
- Add the date. Hopefully set somewhere around October 31st, your Halloween party date is one particular that needs to be set in stone before you can create or send out your invitations. Party attendees will make accommodations to their schedules to fit around the party date so that they can attend which means it’s your job to make sure that the party date you select and print on your invites is determined.
- Add the time. The same etiquette goes for the time of your party as it does for the date. Because your potential party guests are planning their schedules in accordance with these two particulars, it’s important that the time you select is uncompromisable. Whether you’re throwing a day time harvest party or an eerie dinner soirée, make sure to select the perfect time and stick with it.
- Add the location. This exciting part of your Halloween party planning definitely needs to be included in the details of your party invitation. Party location helps guests determine if they will be attending your party plus, guests won’t be able to attend if they don’t know where they’re going. Is your Halloween bash taking place at your residence or a selected venue? Where ever it may be taking place, don’t assume your guests know where they are going and include this vital information on your invitations.
- Let your guests know what is expected and provided. It can also be a good idea to include more particular information so that your guests know what to expect or what to bring to your party. Include items like if food will be provided, who the party is hosted by, what kinds of Halloween party games you will be playing, if costumes are required and any other details you believe are important for your guests to know about.
- Don’t forget the RSVP. Last but not least, it’s important for you to include an RSVP number or email at the bottom of your invitations. Don’t forget to set a date for when your potential guests should RSVP by. It’s a good idea to set the date two-three weeks before the big party day. This way, you’ll be able to get a final head count for things like food and snacks and seating arrangements. Not to mention, adding an RSVP point of contact will allow your guests a way to reach you in case they have any questions or if anything comes up.
Sample Halloween Party Invitation Wording For Any OccasionNo matter what type of Halloween celebration you are thinking about throwing, the best way to get the word out about the big day is with some festive Halloween cards. Mirror the style and personality you want your party to exude in the wording of your party invitation.
Think about the different aspects that go into creating cute Halloween invitations. Do you want your wording to read with a more formal tone or something more easygoing? Do you want your invitation to be witty, scary, or full of fun? Another thing to think about is who you are going to be throwing the party for. All of these different conditions will help you decide how to word your Halloween party invitations.
Whatever the occasion may be, how to write Halloween invitations is easily done by following the above steps. Below are a few sample Halloween party invite wording ideas for just about any festive occasion. Use these templates or create your own with the steps above to spread the word about your celebration and spread it in style.
Kids Halloween Party Invitation WordingThe wording on kids Halloween invitations plays a crucial role in setting the tone and excitement for the event. It not only informs guests of essential details but also creates anticipation and enthusiasm. Creative, themed wording adds a fun and immersive element, making the party memorable. Clear instructions on costumes and RSVPs ensure smooth planning. A well-crafted invitation wording can transform a simple gathering into a thrilling and unforgettable Halloween celebration for kids and their families. Check out these great wording examples:
Attention Boys and Ghouls
You are Invited to Our
Spooktacular Halloween Party
October 31st from 2:00 pm -6:00 pm
2215 Alpha Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida
Hosted by Daniel and Alex Brewer
RSVP by October 15th to 555.9873
It’s Halloween Time
We’re Having a Bash
Wear Your Best Costume
To Our Fun Monster Mash
October 31st At 7:00 pm
The Jennings Home 1435 Elkview Drive Miami, Florida
RSVP To Julianne at 764.333.5830 by October 15th
Trick or Treat
Join us For a Halloween Celebration With
The Mullville Family
Monday, October 31st at 6:00 pm
Dave Mullville’s Home 4005 Willison Street Minneapolis, Minnesota
RSVP by October 14th to email@example.com
Adult Halloween Party Invitation WordingThe wording on adult Halloween party invitations holds immense significance for setting the mood of the gathering—whether a cocktail party, a dinner, or anything else. It conveys the party’s theme, level of formality, and encourages guests to embrace their creative, spooky attire. Clever, enticing language can pique curiosity and generate anticipation. Crucial details like date, time, venue, and RSVP instructions ensure smooth logistics. A well-crafted invitation adds sophistication and charm, making the Halloween cocktail party a memorable, engaging, and enjoyable event for all attendees. Copy the wording on one of these or alter it to make it your own:
We’ve got the Booze
You Bring the Boo’s
Join us For Some Haunting Spirits and Wicked Brews
October 31st 8:00pm- 12:00 am
The Rock Hill Brewery
766 Northwest Beach Street
San Luis Obispo, California
RSVP to Julie at 555.873.0727
by October 10th
Ghosts and Witches and Creatures of Fright
Don’t miss the call of Halloween Night
Come one, Come All in the Threads of the Season
If you Miss This Bash, Tis an Act of Treason.
Be here by Eight or Meet Your Fate
Bring Your Scariest Food Concoction
And Your Tastiest Date.
Sara and Josh’s Haunted Castle
356 Brimstone Lane
Wear a Costume or be ridiculed and vanished into the night
Regrets only if you dare
RSVP by October 10th 684-9488
Eat Drink & Be Scary
Join us For a
Saturday, October 31st at 7:00pm
4444 Houston Way Road
RSVP to Katie by October 10th
384.0844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Halloween Costume Party Invitation WordingHalloween invitations are the gateways to a night of creativity and fun. They set expectations for guests, prompting them to come dressed in imaginative costumes that align with the theme. Clarity in the date, time, and location is crucial for logistics. Creative language and playful hints in the wording build excitement and anticipation. It transforms a regular gathering into an extraordinary, immersive experience, where costumes take center stage, creating memorable moments for all attendees. Consider using one of these:
Join us if you Dare
For a Halloween Scare…
will be undertaken at 7:00 PM
on Saturday, October 31st
at the final resting place of
Jeanine and Henery Willchuck
87 Myrtle Lane
Lansburg, South Carolina
RSVP by October 10th 449.3421
You’re Invited to a
Couples Costume Party!
Saturday, October 27th
6pm – Midnight
387 Hillsdale Blvd.
Hosted by Kathy and Jim Klein
Regrets only by October 10th contact 398.9984
Fright Night is almost here,
get your costumes if you fear!
The Annual James
Friday, October 27th
8pm to 2:00am
9833 Monterey Place
Hosted by Mark and Kathy James
RSVP by October 10th at 294.4989
Halloween Potluck Invitation WordingThe wording on Halloween potluck invites holds a special significance in organizing a successful gathering. It specifies the date, time, and location, ensuring guests arrive prepared. Clear instructions about what to bring prevent duplication and ensure a balanced spread. Engaging language can ignite enthusiasm, motivating attendees to bring their culinary A-game. The wording fosters a sense of community and shared responsibility, making the potluck an enjoyable, harmonious event where everyone’s contributions come together for a memorable Halloween feast. Look at these examples:
Please Join Us For
The Marlowe Residence
234 Main Street
RSVP to Meg 333.356.6795
Hope to See you There!
Leave the Tricks
at Home and Bring
Your Favorite Treat to Share
Please Come for Halloween Brunch
Sunday, October 28th
11:00 in the morning
1234 Spooky Lane
San Mateo, California
RSVP to Host at 394.344.5556 by October 15th
Costumes are encouraged
It’s time for a
Pick your poison and bring it on over
October 31st 6pm at The Henry Residence
498 Jameson Way
Newport Beach, California
RSVP by October 12th to khenrygmail.com
Funny Halloween Invitation WordingFunny wording adds a delightful, hilarious twist to any Halloween invitation, infusing it with humor and levity. It sets a light-hearted tone, encouraging guests to embrace the fun and whimsy of the holiday. Clever wordplay and witty phrases can generate anticipation and excitement. They also break the ice among guests who may not know each other well, fostering a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere in advance of your event. A well-crafted, humorous invitation transforms an ordinary gathering into a memorable and laughter-filled Halloween celebration. Check out these sample funny Halloween invite wording ideas:
Fly Over on a Broom or Float like a Ghost
Just don’t be tardy to Our Halloween Party
October 31st 12:00pm- 4:00pm with Trick or Treating to follow
17355 Chestnut Ave
RSVP by October 15th 778.3984
Something is Brewing at Our House
Monday, October 31st
45 Clover Road
New York, NY
Hosted by Elsa and Dave
RSVP by October 15th
To Elsa at Etennant@gmail.com
What are you Doing Thursday,
I just have to ask?
How about Drinking, Dancing
And Wearing a Mask…
Come on Over for The Harrowing Fright
The Jones are Brewing for
a Halloween Night
October 31st 6pm
783 Whistler Lane
San Francisco, CA
RSVP by October 15th to 344.3968
Scary Halloween Party Invitation WordingScary Halloween invite wording is pivotal in creating an atmosphere of spine-tingling excitement. It sets the mood for a thrilling, eerie experience, enticing guests to fully immerse themselves in the Halloween spirit. Dark and ominous language hints at the macabre surprises that await, adding an element of suspense and anticipation. It’s an opportunity to unleash the inner ghoul, making the event memorable by providing guests with a chilling, heart-pounding adventure they won’t soon forget. Use one of these scary Halloween invitation wording examples or edit one to make it your own:
We’re Calling All Goblins,
Ghosts and Creatures of the night!
So Creep, Float or Crawl on Over
To Our Halloween Costume Party
The Undertaking Will Begin
7pm October 31st
Our Home 475 Little Rd.
San Luis Obispo, CA
It Might be Scary…
It Might be a Fright…
But It’s Sure to be Fun
On Halloween Night!
Join Us For a Halloween Party
Monday, October 31st at 8:00 PM
The Fredricks’ Haunted House
487 Dead Mans Road Madera, California
RSVP to Lydia at 488.8368
By October 18th
Please Join Us for an Evening
that will make your skin crawl…
Annual Halloween Ball
on Saturday October 30th
From 8 until 12 in the darkness of the night
Our Haunted Home
3958 Grand Boulevard
Laurel Heights, Illinois
RSVP by October 10th
Tina and Jason
Costumes required for entry