Christmas is in the air and you want your child to experience all the holiday magic they can. Between baking Christmas cookies to building snowmen, there’s plenty of fun Christmas activities to help you fill your holiday schedule. However, the best Christmas activities are plans that involve the big man in red himself. And kids are always excited to see what he brings them on Christmas morning. But first, they need to let him know exactly what’s on their wishlists. Looking to write a letter to Santa Claus? We’re here to help! Check out our Santa letter template and guide below.
These step by step instructions will help you make sure your letter is Santa-ready. So get out a pen and paper, and follow these tips when you’re ready to get started.
- Use special holiday stationary or your favorite personalized notepad. This gives your Santa letter a special touch so that he knows it’s written by you.
- Start your letter with a greeting to Santa. This might look like “Dear Santa Claus,” or “To Santa.”
- Introduce yourself. Let Santa know who’s writing the letter. He gets a lot of letters every year, so it’s important you remind him who you are.
- Fill in the blank after “I’m writing to you because…” Do you want to let him know what’s on your wishlist this year? Or do you want to wish him a very Happy Holidays? This is your chance to explain the reason for your letter.
- Tell Santa all the reasons you’ve been good this year. We’re sure there’s been plenty, so take your time to write them down. And if you have something you’re going to try and be better about, let him know that, too.
- Politely let Santa know what you’d like for Christmas. Try not to go overboard on your list, though! Check out our Christmas list ideas for a little inspiration if you’re struggling to write things down.
- Thank Santa for reading your letter or for everything he does during Holiday season. Then, sign your name.
- Finally, give your letter to your parents to send to Santa.
- Alternatively, fill out the Santa letter template below for a fun, personalized Santa letter that’s envelope ready.
We’ve all written notes to the Big Guy in the red suit letting him know what we want for Christmas. But he has a lot of work to do and letters to go through, so sometimes it’s best to send our gift list to an intermediary — like Mrs. Claus or Santa’s Head Elf. With fewer requests vying for attention, this person could be in the perfect position to state our case to Santa.
Of course, once we decide who to send our Christmas letter to, we still need to craft a convincing request. How can we prove that we’ve been good all year?
We’ve created six template letters to Santa and his helpers so that you can get that Christmas card written just right. Start by making a selection at the right and we’ll help you craft the perfect letter to send to the North Pole.
Santa Claus Letter Template Instructions
Click on a character to start your note. Fill in the blanks and click “Write Letter!” to generate the letter.
Instructions: Click on a character to start your note. Fill in the blanks and click “Write Letter!” to generate the letter.